Wentz reached out to the Jets and they told him No

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by jets4848, Sep 24, 2023.

1. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

2. BleedJetsGreen1981

BleedJetsGreen1981 Well-Known Member

This absurd dilemma we find ourselves in now as Jets fans reminds me of this classic scene from Jaws.

Brody/Jet Fans desperately calling on the ship's radio for "Mayday" like us the fans urgently advocating for help by having Joe Douglas bring in a new quarterback or strengthen the Offensive Line.

But, the crazy sea captain Quint/Joe Douglas stubbornly refuses to do anything smashes the radio and turns down offers from potential QB's.

The Great White Shark is the the remaining opponents the Jets will face chomping their jaws as our team flounders.

Just when you thought is was safe to watch Jets football again.

3. Pepsiguy5

Pepsiguy5 Well-Known Member

I'm not one to come to pieces after one week but its time now. If Wentz is actually willing to come here and give it a go you gotta get him here right now. And at least give him a shot at it.

Pretend its for the good of Zach's development if that makes you feel better. Whatever... but its time now.

4. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

No it can't. Current administration (JD) has been put in place before Woody got back. Woody is top 3 in spending for roster in NFL this year with I think 275 mil. I know there is salary CAP, etc, but it is being manipulated all the time. The real number that hits the owner's pocket is how much they shave to actually shell out every year for real. And Woody is not cheap. He is spending a lot. What more do you want from the owner? Owner needs to hire a GM, open the wallet, and stay the fuck out of the way. Woody is doing that. He cannot evaluate talent, he cannot pick Mahomes in the draft or build a roster. He got JD to do that.

Well, actually Chris got him and Woody now is paying top 3 in NFL. And still people are trying to make an argument against him which has no logic at all behind it. I get it, we are sick and tired of the Jets losing. This was before Woody and it is the same since Woody. At the end of the day we need a competent GM. A lot of us thought JD is the guy. Maybe we were wrong. If we don't have a new competent QB this week on the roster, then we definitely were.

#44 Borat, Sep 24, 2023
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2023
  5. jets4848

jets4848 Trolls

Baker Mayfield got traded to the rams 2 days later he is starting at qb and he won the game, If wentz is not here this week heads need to roll!

6. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

Only 334 days until next season. Its going to be our year!

Pepsiguy5 likes this.
  7. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Wentz:

2021 - 62% 3500 27:7
    2022 - 62% 1755 11:9

This team is just as talented, maybe even more talented, than that Colts team in 21. If JD doesn't make this move man...

Jets79, HomeoftheJets and Pepsiguy5 like this.
  8. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

I watched some of that game. Their coach's actually came up with some crazy game plan to try and win the game. I think the league is looking into it. I'm sure they will be fined for game planning.

#48 Biggs, Sep 25, 2023
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2023
  9. Pepsiguy5

Pepsiguy5 Well-Known Member

Yeah this has to be the biggest no brainer in sports management history. My assumption was that he wasn't interested for whatever reason but if that rumor that he actually contacted the Jets is true then he should already be here.

I'm not saying its ideal. And I'm not saying he'll win the Super Bowl. But I reject the notion that this Jets team is one to try to lose every game on purpose. I still think the playoffs are possible if they start trying to get their shit together right now. Not to mention that unlike past years there are multiple players on every unit now that you would hope to have around for the long haul and build for the future with.

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  10. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Probs for a JAWS reference....

11. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

Not doing this is so dumb. Even if they were planning on sticking with Zack.

Maybe they worry about a rodgers-any veteran personality conflict?

12. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

Unless they're tanking they really really should bring in someone else. Maybe Wentz has matured?

13. Hectorfor3

Hectorfor3 Active Member

It's been mentioned numerous times but the 4th and 10 check down for 2 yards (1,0???) was completely absurd and proof that Zach will never "get it". Just throw longer than 10 yards to Garrett Wilson and maybe something will happen. He might actually catch it or maybe draw a PI penalty, who knows. At the least throw to somebody who is standing more than 10 yards away.

Actually, this advice works all the time in situations where you need to make a first down to continue a drive. Not sure if Saleh or Hackett is totally up to speed on these cutting edge offensive theories but throwing it past the first down marker gives you the benefit of the receiver actually being where he needs to be at the point of the catch. It's amazing what that can do for a 3rd down conversion rate. Maybe an extensive breakdown of film will lead them to this conclusion in the future.

14. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Belicheck took one look at him and picked Bob Kraft over Woody. Woody has a history. Real estate and tax fraud. He's a deeply flawed person who's history is cutting corners. Take a look at the stadium vs what he tried to sell the fans. Take a look at the team vs what was sold to the fans.

GoldenShowers likes this.
  15. ProfJets

ProfJets Well-Known Member

When does this enjoying of things actually begin?
    Saleh: "That's not our brand of football."

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  16. RevisIsland18

RevisIsland18 Well-Known Member

This CS needs to stop babying zw now and bring in someone who’s more competent. What was the whole off season about? A new qb…after arod goes down, why is zw the answer?? Either woody is forcing zw down Joe’s and saleh’s throats or we need yet another organizational rebuild…sigh

Jets79 likes this.
  17. HackettSuxTNG

HackettSuxTNG Well-Known Member

What "Move"?!?!? He doesn't even have to make a trade!!!

18. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Yeah, but not exactly. The Jets ship will be demolished not by a two ton great white shark but by 10,000 inspired flounders that will gnaw it to death.

19. jcass10

jcass10 Well-Known Member

I've generally been pro Saleh and JD. Even when I disagreed with moves they made (drafting MacDonald), I can understand why they did it. I don't think either one of them are idiots or anything.

Having said that, if both GM and coach truly believe that Zach gives the Jets the best change to win this season, I consider that a fireable offense.

- Offensive line held up fine, the shake up definitely seemed to work. I know the injury forced his hand, but I give Saleh credit for that. They're not the Cowboys or Eagles, but you can win games (and should have) with that effort.
    - I don't love the constant feeling of run-run-pass. If someone has the stats, I'd like to see how often they actually did that. It felt like every drive. Having said that, there were open runners all game that Zach didn't see.
    - Defense gave up 13 points. I'd love to see some turnovers, but I can't complain too much about giving up 13 points.

Zach was the problem. He was spooked all game. He was given more time than he has so far this year, and he played completely scared. Just like last years Patriot game, that loss is pretty much completely on him.

Jets79 likes this.
  20. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member