Well, atleast we got Revis

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by boogerstyles, Nov 22, 2007.

1. Tight

Tight Active Member

Zing... !!!!!

2. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

Comments like this make me scratch my head. Revis had Evans covered, was in position to intercept the ball and Elam came over and hit him jarring the ball for Evans to steal away. Those are the facts about the situation, there's no "excuse" in there.

How can you possibly point this out as a bad play by Revis when he did everything he could perfectly? I suppose you would like him to get better at covering WR's while being wrecked by his own teammates? WTF man?

3. JetsIn2004

JetsIn2004 Banned

Should have just stopped there.. it would be more truthful. That's all you do is run your mouth.

Now onto Revis, if you looked, I said he was an excellent tackler, so I'm able to give him praise... However, I look at end results, and what I saw was a guy scoring from 83 yds. If he was so well covered, the ball would not have been thrown.

Look at my signature... it sums it all up. I must be ridiculous, because I don't agree with the majority..

4. JetsIn2004

JetsIn2004 Banned

5. WhiteShoeWillis

weird, it sounds like you're the one making an excuse.

6. JetsIn2004

JetsIn2004 Banned

Nope, showing that this "great coverage" people think was in play really wasn't and the underthrown ball MADE it look like good coverage.

Revis hasn't been terrible... however, I think we could have done better with our #1 pick. That's all I'm saying. Harris is playing more like a #1 pick than Revis in my eyes. I don't hate Revis, and he's liable to be a very good NFL player.... he's not yet though... not really close.

7. WhiteShoeWillis

I don't remember the play well enough to say whether it was under thrown or not, I'll have to rewatch it. Saying something like "if xyz happened" is an excuse. What actually happened was a good play by Revis that was nullified by his own team mate breaking it up. What may have happened if Losman threw it further is unknown.

I agree that Harris looks to be the better player so far, but no one projected him to be as good as he has been. The FO did a real good job grabbing him when they did IMO. I think Revis has been pretty solid for a rookie CB.

8. JetsIn2004

JetsIn2004 Banned

No excuse.. He was beaten and made to LOOK decent by the poor throw... If the underthrow is an excuse, then so is getting knocked off the ball..

9. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

That's an ironic comment from a very 'knowledgeable' guy who can't seem to hold his own water in a football argument past the Jets' salary cap situation. Pardon me if I'm not bowled over by your illustrious semi-pro baseball career.

Now onto your pathetic and grasping argument. 'End results'. Right, maybe I should just skip that part because you are without a leg to stand on and are flailing like a child without addressing the freak occurrence that happened. You're basically blaming Revis for the stupidity of a QB throwing into coverage. Why I am even bothering to address that ridiculous notion is beyond me, though.

BTW, I usually ignore signatures because a lot of the time it's just some pompous dillweed quoting himself.

10. tbruner12

tbruner12 Well-Known Member

revis man lovers.......please explain the reasoning behind our trade up to get him, when we have/had multiple needs all over the team? he is not producing like deion sanders, so why were we so quick to waste a decent pick to move up? sounds like a mangini mistake to me, but that is another argument entirely.

11. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

'Dillweed'! Holy Cr*p, HAH. I haven't heard that expression since High School - and I'm almost as old as the Jets organization, thanks. 'Dillweed'! Snarfle. :lol:

12. rillo

rillo New Member

We needed corner help...and he was the best corner available. Also the way NE loaded up on WR's we needed corners (again)....Revis has been playing very good for a rookie, @ one of the most hardest position to play in football. I don't think it was a mistake at all.

#72 rillo, Nov 26, 2007
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2007
  13. tbruner12

we did need help at corner but there were other corners out there. do you think his addition would have helped curb new englands wrs? did you also think his addition would help us compete, like mangini must have thought? he is good, but not worth the pick we lost to go get him...thats my argument. i thought we were in rebuild mode, i guess not.

14. rillo

rillo New Member

The only corner i can think of that was out there was Ross...from Texas I think. Revis is an upgrade compared to Ross. Also we gave up one of the second picks we had along with a fifth....not too bad IMO. Also we thought that Kendall was gonna be here so, Oline wasn't really a 'need' in the early rounds. That backfired...lol

15. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

This was always my problem with the Revis pick. Not so much the position he was chosen in but the trade-up to get him. If he ever gets good enough to justify the trade-up, we won't know it for at least a year or two.

16. tbruner12

i also thought mangini was a upper echilon defensive backs coach, remember he got the credit for troy brown. apparently mangini couldnt take ross and turn him into the equivalent? a 1st (the pick used), a 2nd, and a 5th.....sounds like more than i thought initially.that 2nd and 5th could have went to something this team needed regardless,just some of my complaints.

17. tbruner12

if he pans out i promise to shut up with the nagging.

18. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

I just want to add something about Revis.

I was listening to the radio show of Bill Parcells, K. Johnson and Chris Mortenson. They were talking about the predictions of Thursdays game and basically said that the Dallas/Jets game was the easiest to the 3 to predict, as the Jets are not good, were missing 2-3 prep days and Dallas was acclimated to the Thurs game etc etc.. Nothing shattering there. They then went on to say the following:

" The most impressive player of the game was Darrelle Revis of the Jets. He covered TO the best he has been covered all year long. He was out on an island and performed fantastic. For a rookie to do that it was a great performance etc. etc."

I think it is word for word if not I apologize. I think Mortenson said it.

#78 Miamipuck, Nov 26, 2007
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2007
  19. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

QFMFT...........................

20. genom

genom Active Member

Revis is a future pro bowler. With a pass rush this kid will be absolutely incredible. The technique, his hips, backpedal, awareness, and speed are all there, and with coaching his ceiling is seriously through the roof.