Welcome to the Jets Jordan Travis (QB)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by HomeoftheJets, Apr 27, 2024.

1. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

2. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

3. NCJetsfan

4. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

He may be ignoring homeofthejets--when you ignore someone you don't see the threads they start--its why i don't ignore guys who make a lot of posts

dawinner127 likes this.
  5. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I was really enjoying Manningcast. Not sure what Belichick is going to do to that.

themorey, Sundayjack and mezzavo like this.
  6. thedonger

thedonger Active Member

Did you see or read anything about the injury. It was a fracture and dislocation along likely with some shredded ligaments in the ankle.
    The ankle did at least a 180 if not more and he relies on his agility and quickness to evade sacks.
    Although FSU’s offensive line was pretty good, he did a lot of shifting in the pocket to evade sacks. He’s one of those guys that can make an OL look better than it is due to his shiftiness. This ability made a big difference as they went through 8 OL through the season due to injuries and he still played well through it.
    As an FSU homer, I’ll happily eat crow on this and am pulling for him as both a Jets and FSU fan.
    He’s probably going to need a full season just to get into football shape. Hopefully he’s qb3 and not the first backup(unless he’s undeniably great in the preseason and practices) when AR eventually goes down.

7. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

lol average from this guy then.

8. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Draft pick scouting reports rule!

#50 Jonathan_Vilma, Apr 27, 2024
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2024
  9. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Can't wait for the '26-27 season!! Maybe the kid turns out to be the next Mahomes.

10. mezzavo

mezzavo Well-Known Member

This all day long. Just SMH. The three QB's you just mentioned weren't developmental anything and Namath was a marginal QB, AT BEST! (I knoooowww...sacrilege...but let's face it, he's in the HoF on a single sentence then backing it up. His stats, in general don't even get him in the discussion on any year. Pennington was the only dude NFL ready out the box. O'Brien didn't win jack.

No sir, this was a massive waste of a pick. I'd have rather had another o-line here. This kid would have been around as an UDFA. Zero not feeling it.

11. Sundayjack

Sundayjack pǝʇɔıppɐ ʎןןɐʇoʇ

I’ve always been stuck on Rattler’s OU hissy fit, but I think you may have sold me on a lower round pick to see if he had the chops to sit quiet and develop.

On Travis, I appreciate the opinions of FSU here. I watched and followed him enough that FSU clearly seemed to me like a different team after he went down. Also seemed like he’s been pretty consistent these last two years. On the whole I’m thinking - eh, why not. For where he was picked, I can’t hate it.

#53 Sundayjack, Apr 27, 2024
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2024
    themorey and Brook! like this.
  12. Unhappyjetsfan

Unhappyjetsfan Well-Known Member

This is dumb. He didn't just revolutionize the position; he revolutionized an entire league (which forced the "better" league to merge).

#54 Unhappyjetsfan, Apr 27, 2024
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2024
    SOJAZ and ColoradoContrails like this.
  13. NCJetsfan

14. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

My son in law is first cousins with an FSU offensive lineman, who is really tight with Travis.
    My daughter has both met Travis multiple times and has tailgated with his parents on several occasions.
    .I was hoping the Jets with use a 5-7 rounder on him. By everything that I have heard, this a quality kid with a great work ethic and attitude.

15. dmw

dmw Well-Known Member

Darnold developed into a solid backup. Also, Geno Smith was a good backup and a decent starter finally.

16. SoylentGreen

SoylentGreen Well-Known Member

I got no issue with this pick, but what I do question is how the Jets view the Qb position:

Aaron Rodgers - 40 years old and coming back from major ACL injury.

Tyrod Taylor - 34 years old - last 6 years have been underwhelming- 14 tds - 11 ints.

Travis Jordan - coming back from major injury.

Other teams with less risk of injury/younger starters at the helm are adding depth, creating competition and pushing to elevate the room...

KC -
    Mahomes
    Wentz
    Oladokun
    Ian Book
    Just Signed - Spencer Sanders

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  17. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Just saying, Pats have a new GM and just drafted 2 QBs, we need to be kicking Bailey Zappe's tires.

18. SoylentGreen

SoylentGreen Well-Known Member

agree, was actually hoping the Jets would sign Austin Reed, Zappe is the same/similar/better player. -

PROJECTED: Round 7/Priority Free Agent A second-team AP Division I| All-American at
    West Florida in 2021 before transferring, Reed (6-1 1/2, 220) threw for 71 touchdowns and ran for 12 more over two seasons in the same Hilltoppers offense that produced 2022 fourth-
    round pick Bailey Zappe. "Somebody might consider him late," an NFC scouting director said. "Zappe had a little more savvy, a little more polish. I would have [Reed] in that same bucket with (Sam) Hartman and
    (Michael) Pratt." In 52 college games (51 starts), Reed threw for 15,588 yards and 149 touchdowns with 41 interceptions. He was invited to the East-West Shrine Bowl. He ran a 4.82 40-yard dash at the combine. He has pretty sizable hands (9 7/8
    inches). He's already 24 years old.

ColoradoContrails and abyzmul like this.