Welcome to the Jets Jordan Travis (QB)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by HomeoftheJets, Apr 27, 2024.

1. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

You would go with the guy who literally only has a canon for an arm instead of the guy that was a snapped leg away from the Heisman conversation?

Brook! and Sundayjack like this.
  2. Unhappyjetsfan

Unhappyjetsfan Well-Known Member

Yes. Milton has an NFL arm. I have no idea if he has the other intangibles necessary, but I know he has the arm. Travis does not have that arm (and you can't teach "having a big arm"). If I'm gonna waste time developing someone, I'd want it to be the guy I know has the necessary physical tools.

3. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I think @Sundayjack has a few opinions on the viability one Joe Milton.

4. Frenbar

Frenbar Well-Known Member

Even if he only develops into a solid, reliable backup he will be the best QB pick we've made in more than a decade.

5. NJJets

NJJets Well-Known Member

Honestly, if you’re gonna draft a QB in the 5th, let it be a guy that dropped due to injury like this. The guy broke a bone, this isn’t a risky injury at all.

6. jessedark

jessedark Active Member

LOL!

7. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Small for the league both height and weight, he’s a competitor though I wish him well

Sundayjack likes this.
  8. westiedog1

westiedog1 Well-Known Member

Interesting that Lance Zierlein had a 7 round mock and had the Jets taking this guy around the 5-6 round.

Correction: In the interest of accuracy, it was Chad Reuter who posted the 7 round mock draft.

#28 westiedog1, Apr 27, 2024
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2024
  9. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I don’t think he dropped because of his injury though to be fair. I think this is where he was going regardless.

10. Kronoking

Kronoking Well-Known Member

Like I told you in the draft thread earlier I'm an FSU guy who was never really a big fanboy, and have my doubts on the NFL transition.

So it's almost a cosmic karma fit that he now makes his way over to my NFL team. Where i already been having my own not a big fanboy complaints with the current QB lol

But as a down the road lottery ticket flyer I don't hate it. I'm generally of the belief most bad teams without a QB should be taking these stabs at the backend of drafts every year or 2.

Pepsiguy5 likes this.
  11. NOVAJET

NOVAJET "2020 TGG Fantasy Football Champ"

I disagree, he would have been in the Heisman competition and could have competed for a national title. The only reason they were eliminated is because he was hurt and everyone knew the team WAS him. I don't see a world he doesn't go in the first 3 rounds pre injury. It was ugly af injury but he's out of the boot and should recover completely. Might take him a year but he has time.

12. Yankee6

Yankee6 Well-Known Member

Zach had a pretty good arm and you saw how that worked out. I think going in a totally different direction is not a bad idea.

kevda5n9ne, themorey and NOVAJET like this.
  13. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

That bar, is like the last round of 2nd grade limbo

14. Jonathan_Vilma

What in those 3 games that he missed did NFL teams miss to evaluate though? He had a clean break across his shin that’ll heal without any issue.

He also finished 5th in the Heisman voting. It’s not like he went unrecognized or un-evaluated.

What round do you think he dropped from because of an injury that’s easily fixed? He’s a 5th year senior with 3 years of tape out there on him starting. The league knew what he was.

I’m not trying to be a smart ass, Nova, cause I always respect your opinion. I just don’t think the league was worried about Travis’s injury and he tumbled down the boards. I think they knew what he is.

NOVAJET likes this.
  15. Jonathan_Vilma

I’m not upset with the dart throw. The kid loves ball and was unanimously loved by his coaches and teammates.

I’m all about the late round tosses at QB. We should do it every other year and maybe we’ll walk into a Kirk Cousins or shit a Case Keenum. I just don’t see it with Travis and would’ve preferred Hartman, Prater or maybe even Tua’s brother.

dawinner127 likes this.
  16. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

I’m sad we didn’t get Rattler

Sundayjack likes this.
  17. NOVAJET

NOVAJET "2020 TGG Fantasy Football Champ"

Availability, I believe that's what would make him drop. Any team that drafted him knew they had to red shirt him for a season, that's a big deal I feel like. We live in an age of instant gratification, I could be wrong but having to bench a guy for a year could certainly cause him to fall a couple of rounds.

18. Jonathan_Vilma

But where do you think he should’ve went? You think teams were trying to draft him in the 3rd and needed him to be available at the start of the season so that’s why he catapulted to the end of the 5th?

19. Sundayjack

Sundayjack pǝʇɔıppɐ ʎןןɐʇoʇ

Oh my god this was a Red Letter Day. My brother, a Patriots fan and Tennessee season ticket holder, is now rifling through his medicine cabinet for a bottle of something that will end the madness before it starts. A guy with an arm that makes eyes pop out of their sockets in practice - but during games makes the dumbest throws and does the dumbest things on a football field since the guy who misspelled “chefs”.

So, picture this: Drake Maye is running the first team offense in training camp. He’s learning, making mistakes, maybe having modest success. Joe Milton then steps in and launches one of his trademark rockets 65-yards down the field. Maybe it’s caught, maybe it’s not. Either way, the buzz about Joe Milton’s incredible arm and talent starts. Like it did at Michigan before he transferred because he was dropped to third on the depth chart. Like it did at Tennessee when he got benched for Hendon Hooker. Twice. And again last year at Tennessee when just about every true Tennessee fan was screaming to bench Milton and play Nico Iamaleava.

The Patriots did one of the dumbest things in a draft ever. Whether Drake Maye starts or not, they’re going to have a tough year and the grumbling to give Joe Milton a shot will start.

EVEN BETTER, Belichick now has a gig on the Manning show and if his recent comments about Drake Maye are any indication, he’s going to really enjoy digging into his former team.

Even if everything else this year goes kerflooey, the Pats QB drama should be really fun to watch.

themorey and NCJetsfan like this.
  20. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/jordan-travis/32005452-4152-4735-102b-967a8bcf04c5

Overview
    In a career marked with challenges, Travis showed the resilience to overcome and finish his career playing his best football. He’s undersized but has an adequate arm and can help protect himself with his legs. The footwork isn’t always great, but he can throw effectively and fairly accurately as an improviser. Travis doesn’t usually beat defenses with pre-snap planning or eye work and can be a step slow to get through progressions and throw with anticipation. He displays good leadership and desires to take care of the football. Travis’ traits don’t stand out, but his mobility and continued growth as a passer could give him a shot to compete for a spot as a QB2/3 if evaluations of his leg injury check out.

Strengths
    • Possesses adequate arm strength to make NFL throws.
    • Able to expedite his delivery for sudden throws when needed.
    • Is generally accurate when throwing to intermediate targets.
    • Improved at recognizing lurking defenders and avoiding the danger.
    • Can find targets and put the ball on them when he’s on the move.
    • Feels edge pressure and climbs pocket or exits the side door.
    • Talented as a scrambler/runner and competes to move the chains.
    Weaknesses
    • Season-ending leg injury could prevent pre-draft workouts.
    • Plays with average pre-snap diagnosis on where opportunities should exist.
    • Pace can be stale through progressions, causing him to miss open targets.
    • Needs to become a more decisive passer on the next level.
    • Occasional signs of panic that turn into poor decision-making with the ball.
    • Aims it and pulls up short on his follow-through at times.
    Sources Tell Us

“He’s much more confident than he was back in 2021 and he’s just gotten a lot better as a quarterback, too.” - NFC regional scout