Welcome to the Jets, Jace "The Hound" Amaro

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Poeman, May 9, 2014.

1. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

I liked this pick.

2. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Fixed!

74 and Royal Tee like this.
  3. al_toon_88

al_toon_88 Well-Known Member

Look, I don't want to rain on anybody's parade here. And there's no point in quarreling here after the fact.

So I'll just give my opinion and you can take it or leave it:

Idzik screwed this up. Amaro fu-king sucks.

He had 1 year of inflated production in a spread offense. Who knows if he can block, because he never did in college.

The guy is a fu-king plodder who ran a 4.77 in Indy.

Seferian-Jenkins is the next Gronk and we could have had him. All we had to do is get the Texans on the line.

There were other playmakers to be had on the board. Instead our passive glacial Nick Cage look alike GM gets leapfrogged an we have I watch the remaining legit offensive weapons go off the board.

I don't know what's more depressing. Not winning the lottery or clinging to a losing lottery ticket and still believing you've got something real in your hands.

Amaro is gonna struggle at the next level and we are gonna get virtually nothing in 2015.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  4. al_toon_88

al_toon_88 Well-Known Member

He can't jump, at least not on tape. He's a plodding stiff.

ASJ has a 37" vertical.

5. BleedGreen89

BleedGreen89 Well-Known Member

I swear some people act like this is a madden draft...it takes two teams to make a trade up

6. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

7. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

2 for 2 Idzik and Rex

Big Cat likes this.
  8. talisaynon

talisaynon Well-Known Member

we'll see his mettle when hes getting destroyed by linebackers down the middle. our last one was a pussy that quit when ray lewis knocked him on his ass.

9. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Dustin Keller was a girl out there

10. Wahoo

Wahoo Well-Known Member

I liked the pick initially, but maybe you have something there. Experts are grading the pick a C at best. Maybe there was a better option.

11. 3lixer.

3lixer. Active Member

Pete Prisco is far from an expert.

He graded our pick of Kyle Wilson as an A in 2010 and Demaryius Thomas as a B-

12. Altoona

Altoona Well-Known Member

Neither really....

13. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Francesa was gloating about this guy all day and how he said the Gmen should draft but he didnt think he would fall.

Glad we got him.

14. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

Keller was a bitch, but I kinda feel bad saying that about a guy who tore his ACL, MCL, PCL, meniscus and dislocated his knee all in a preseason game

15. Martin is the man

Y would you bother listening to this A- Hole all true football fans should boycot this moron

74 and heartpumpsgreen like this.
  16. joe

joe Well-Known Member

While he was f'ing sucking, he caught 106 passes for 1,350 yards with a pair of FRESHMAN QBs throwing to him.

Otherwise, great post.

#76 joe, May 9, 2014
    Last edited: May 9, 2014
    74 likes this.
  17. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

As a hardcore ASOIAF fan, I fully support this nickname, and this pick!!

Poeman likes this.
  18. Frenbar

Frenbar Well-Known Member

I love this pick. Watched this kid a lot in college. He has size, speed, and hands. I was hopeful but not confident that he would fall to Jets in the 2nd round. A lot of people had him ranked right up there with Ebron. Can't wait to see him in the Green and White!

19. deerow84

deerow84 Well-Known Member

I liked this pick. Definitely a position of need and he was one of the BPA for sure. First two picks are good!

20. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I wasn't able to watch the broadcast or get here until after the pick was made, and I wanted to puke when I saw that Amaro was the pick. I see nothing smooth about him. I didn't like him before and didn't know he had had several concussions. I like him even less now, and can't believe the Jets were stupid enough to draft a kid that might not play more than a year or two, and may not be able to block. Taking him after one year of production in a gadget offense is akin to taking Hill after one year of good production.

That said, I'm a Jets fan, so I'm gonna hope that I'm wrong and almost everyone else (fans) is right about this kid, because that's what would be best for all of us. I'm going to try to look at the positives at the moment. At least the Jets took an offensive player and addressed the need at TE, and didn't take a DT or a CB. That's a positive in my book. I like his size, he seems to have very good hands, he does have some speed, and should be a great target in the Red Zone. That's a positive. Then again, so would ASJ, Niklas and Fiedorowicz and I preferred all three over Amaro. I am concerned about who will block in two TE sets.

I haven't looked to see who was still on the board and the Jets might have taken instead, so can't speak to that right now. I will look within the next day or so and will be watching to see how Amaro fares vs those whom the Jets might have taken instead. I will see how Idzik handles the rest of the draft, but at this point, I'm not happy at all, and my trust and belief in Idzik's abilities and judgment has taken a sizable hit.

#80 NCJetsfan, May 9, 2014
    Last edited: May 10, 2014
    freemantoon likes this.