Welcome to the Jets Christian Hackenberg

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by The 1985er, Apr 29, 2016.

1. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

?? They are still getting quality players so what's your point?

2. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

http://www.ganggreennation.com/2016...g-about-christian-hackenberg-before-the-draft

What Were Scouts Saying About Christian Hackenberg Before the Draft?

"Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel writer Bob McGinn speaks with scouts and compiles notes every year before the NFL Draft. Yesterday we look at what the scouts he spoke with had to say about Darron Lee. Now let's see what they said about Jets second round pick Christian Hackenberg.

Passer ratings were 89.0 as a freshman under coach Bill O'Brien and, under coach James Franklin, 74.2 in '14 and 83.9 in '15. "After his freshman year people looked at him as the first pick in the draft," said one scout. "A premier-type talent like that is so hard to find. He could be as talented as any of these quarterbacks. He's got the arm, the body. He's actually a competitor. But when you look at his career you say, 'Where's the production?'" Third-year junior started all 38 games (21-17). "People can make every excuse in the book for him but he just hasn't done it," another scout said. "He was a Bill O'Brien guy and he had some issues with Franklin. He hangs out more with managers than he does teammates. It tells me he likes to be king of the little people rather than king of the big people." Tendency to hold the ball led partly to 104 career sacks. "He doesn't have a clock in his head," said a third scout. "I understand they had a poor offensive line but that's too many sacks. Throw the ball away. Do something. He has talent but he scares the hell out of me." From Palmyra, Va. Wonderlic of 24. Hands were just 9 inches.

I think there is a lot of truth to this analysis. There was a lot of good when you look at what he did that freshman year, but there are big concerns about the last two seasons that go beyond the poor situations he was put into. It is up to the Jets to get the good to shine through."

Hopefully they can get him back to his freshman trajectory.

_

3. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

so because he isnt a typical football meathead and hangs out with people outside of football thats something that is an issue now? fucking people need to find something to keep themselves busy.

4. JStokes

It wasn't me, that was just the article.

Honestly, it actually endeared me to the kid. I think it's a very strong character trait if you can relate to, even befriend, the quote unquote (I did that for emphasis) "lower" people on the rungs of an organization. I cannot stand douchebags who treat the "help" like, well, help.

I was a waiter at a fancy French restaurant in college, was a life guard at a pompous country club, was a short order cook (fuck you all, that's a softball) at another exclusive country club on the Gold Coast in HS and you knew the douchebags who thought of you as nothing and the humans that treat you like a fellow human.

I have never nor will I ever mistreat a waiter or a maid at a hotel or a nurses aid at a hospital any differently that the top folks at those establishments. Treat them with respect and you'll get the same treatment back. I go overboard the other way.

Good for Hack. Rooting for the kid. Hope he becomes the franchise.

_

EAF29, Freddy Mondo, Brook! and 4 others like this.
  5. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Little folk need kings, too. You don't want them developing poor self esteem.

#1305 Dierking, May 19, 2016
    Last edited: May 20, 2016
  6. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

Short order cook.....Bwahahahahahahahahahahah

I had my share of jobs like that too:D

Ditto. Denying somebody their dignity is an ugly business. Kinda like that asshole Connor Cook.

I've found that a lot of those type scouting reports are just people picking up on negatives, and popular opinion as they gain momentum. That line that Alleycat9 highlighted makes me reject that guys opinion

He's exhibited ability to make some fantastic throws....accurately, with touch, and with position for his WR. Lot's of guys can't do that....
    They're not competing on that level. We've seen plenty of that since Favre.

It'll be a fun pre-season getting a look at our QB's

alleycat9 likes this.
  7. JStokes

How dare you.

_

8. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

yeah man that was completely directed at the guy who had originally said it. not you. and since it was a group of thoughts it wasnt even the guy who wrote it who said it. but hes a dick for thinking its important enough to include. you are a good man jstokes!

9. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Just going to point out at this point that the words coming out of Jetsland about Hackenberg are inaccurate and throws a hard ball. If he can't fix those two things nothing else is going to matter. He really needs some time in the background to mature and develop his physical skills.

10. JStokes

Preposterous.

_

11. NotSatoshiNakamoto

the scariest thing to me about hack is the sack thing. yea his o-line sucked but if he's been david carred there's probably no coming back from it.

the footwork and accuracy can at least be worked on and possibly corrected

#1311 NotSatoshiNakamoto, May 26, 2016
    Last edited: May 26, 2016
  12. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

The scariest thing to me is that his muscle memory is bad all around at this point. He's apparently still throwing fastballs instead of footballs. Tthe Jets need to get a handle on that early on.

13. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

I think that's common with rookies but I could be wrong about that. Not a whole lot of patience and touch passing appears to be taught up the ranks

14. JetsNation06

The scariest thing to me is that the 2017 draft and the eternal search for the next Jets franchise QB is almost a year away.

15. Jets_Grinch

Jets_Grinch Well-Known Member

So you have already given up on Petty who hasn't gotten a single game snap and Hackenberg who literally is 2 days in OTA's? i'm not willing to call either the future but at least don't cross them off the list until it's deserved.

16. JetsNation06

Not crossing them off but don't think either one is the "franchise" guy.

17. Jets_Grinch

Jets_Grinch Well-Known Member

Fair enough. Let's just hope one of them steps up and this team is set for the next decade.

18. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

ia gree especially with excuses.... legit excuses why he failed should not be used as evidence of how he would have prevailed otherwise. there are alot of holes there

19. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

touch is probable issue. in grudens qb camp he talked about him never checking down and when he asks him to on the field it was pretty ugly

20. TouchyFeely

TouchyFeely Well-Known Member

Has a live arm, needs to learn how to turn down the voltage.

donkey likes this.