Welcome to the Jets Christian Hackenberg

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by The 1985er, Apr 29, 2016.

1. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Sorry, but I can't remember what every poster on this board makes on every subject. I'll take your word that you said you were wrong about Pryor and Fitzpatrick. Kudos to you for doing that, and I'm sincerely sorry if I falsely accused you. I just know that many do not, and the way you sounded last night, you sounded just like those others.

2. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

hmmmm, not sure i agree with that. One mistake teams make is that they include QB's in the BPA approach. that philosophy should be reserved only for the other 10 position players

3. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

don't worry folks we'll be picking higher next year, much higher. How is the QB class?

4. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

hahaha :D

5. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Red Menace likes this.
  6. BigSnacks54

BigSnacks54 Well-Known Member

I was fustrated by the pick last night, but there's nothing that can be done at this point. I hope he's our QB for the next decade!

hwismer and Red Menace like this.
  7. NCJetsfan

Unlike some posters here, I always welcome fans of other teams who are intelligent, classy, respectful, and just want to talk football. Welcome!

8. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Hack's live reaction to being drafted
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BEzg5RiE78k/

Lol they are watching the BSPN trash coverage, they are always looking for the booing Jets fans. While NFL Network showed Jets fans that clapped.

RuJFan and matt robinson 17 like this.
  9. NCJetsfan

Don't forget Ken O'Brien!

That said, we've also had Neil O'Dummy (Donnell), Bill Demory, Matt Robinson, Brooks Bollinger, and Greg McElroy.

Catfish Billy likes this.
  10. Geno007

Geno007 Well-Known Member

I've seen every game he has ever played and you nailed it about him.

Rockinz likes this.
  11. Vanbiesbrouck

Vanbiesbrouck Active Member

Not trying to argue with you, but we suffered through watching Sanchez miss WRs on WR screen passes in his final two years here, so the assumption that footwork and accuracy will be improved by default because he's in the NFL is an assumption I'm not comfortable making. Sanchez was here 4 years, and missed those passes over and over again. We've seen QBs with bad footwork play in the NFL, not get 'coached up' enough to improve it, and remain inconsistent. To wit, Geno Smith's improvements were minimal- if any- despite being in the league two years and getting that coaching. So, could coaching improve it? Sure. But it's no lock to be 'corrected quickly'.

I think Hackenberg has tools, and was on a team that was getting over-matched in the Big10 on talent week to week. So, he got hit a lot, maybe got worse over time because of that. Add in a bad coaching fit, and I'm willing to cut him some slack. I could see him being in a better situation, with good coaching and a better offensive line might improve that. Or, he might just be an inconsistent QB. But coaching isn't a panacea.

I watched the Gruden camp with CHack as well, & he seemed to hint that his new coach @ Penn State made him change his footwork, which could have caused him problems. I will give him the benefit of the doubt, and try to be optimistic. But him being a very inaccurate QB at the college level scares me, and I'm not going to lose that fear of him being a question mark at the pro level until he proves those in a game. It's very nice that he looked good on his pro-day, but his pro-day is a best case scenario. In the cold and rain with a 300lb DE flying at him...it's a completely different story than how accurate he looked on his pro-day.

12. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

May it be Brady/Cassel version for the Jets. Then we trade one for a first and some would bitch it wasn't enough.

13. NCJetsfan

I understand that. I tried to keep that in mind, but let all the negativity and wild comments get to me. All's cool between us as far as I'm concerned.

14. nevbeats319

nevbeats319 Well-Known Member

are you serious…every GM and coach says they were the BPA on there board….Listening to interviews is a waste of time cause its all bull shit.

They could take a kicker with the 2nd and they will say BPA. Teams reach for players they like.

15. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

I think you fail to realize that Sanchez and Geno his first 2 years did not get "coached up".
    We had an absolutely abysmal offensive coaching staff under Rex Ryan, especially for the QBs.

16. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

Fair enough. I think you're probably right. But, as someone who saw more of Hackenberg than the rest of the top QBs from this draft combined, I'm just very, very skeptical of him. My sincere hope is that people can bump this post in 3-4 years and laugh at me.

17. NCJetsfan

Kudos to you for putting what's best for the team over being right. I understand the skepticism. Hopefully, he quickly reverts to his freshman season form, while retaining the lessons he learned from the adversity of the last two years.

18. JetLifeLo

JetLifeLo Well-Known Member

NEW HACK CITY

All Gas No Shake, Jeti and legler82 like this.
  19. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

Just telling what I fuckin heard TB say

20. Jedi mind tricks

Jedi mind tricks Well-Known Member

I don't see us being a great team this year. Maybe 8-8 if things break our way. My thing is if we fall on our face and have a top 10 pick next year then what? Depending on who is available you'd probably expect to get a QB making this a waste