Welcome to the Jets Calvin Pryor

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Falco21, May 8, 2014.

1. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Right but look at the plays he got burned, 0 help over the top.

if he's hurt and the team knows it, safety help has to be there.

2. #28Martin

#28Martin Well-Known Member

No
    No way. Francesa will like this pick. This guy is a good player. Wasn't remotely a reach. Most mock drafts had him going 13-14.

3. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Don't have Watkins go over the middle, especially if Pryor and Antonio Allen are there to lay the wood.

Dennard is too slow, he wouldn't be able to keep up with those guys.

4. NYJETS4life24

NYJETS4life24 Active Member

I see what Idzik is doing. He is doing what they did in Seattle. Powerhouse Defense and run the football. I wanted a receiver but I am guessing the plan is the same as the Seattle plan.

Safety was a big need for us and we just filled it. I like the fit and happy about the pick. There were five guys I would have took at our spot and he was one of them. I wish someone would have offered to trade up so we could add more picks but in the end we come away with a beast in the back end.

We haven't had a monster safety in a long time if ever. Deep WR class just hoping we will take one in the 2nd round

HAYN likes this.
  5. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

This would have been a great pick if we didn't have so many holes on offense,Will see what happens tommorow in round two.If we go defense again I'm gonna take a sledge hammer to my tv

6. edray10

edray10 Well-Known Member

Cromartie was one of the worst CBs in the NFL last year. How do you improve the secondary by retaining one of the worst CBs in the NFL? The fact has always been that Cromartie was very inconsistent and you never knew whether good Cro or bad Cro was going to show up. The jets are better off without him and either Dimitri Patterson or Darren Walls will do a better job. Add Milliner in his 2nd year, a hard hitting safety they just drafted and continued improvement from the front 7 and I expect that the Jets secondary will surprise a lot of people.

7. deerow84

deerow84 Well-Known Member

I like this pick a lot. A lot of depth at WR, probably get one in the 2nd round. We need a CB but what we really need is to address our pass defence. Does this solve it completely? No. But it sure as hell doesn't hurt. Plus he hits like a truck.

8. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

We filled a glaring need ... One we've had for years. Nobody should be complaining about this pick.

If we can trade up to get Benjamin in Round 2, I'll be thrilled.

9. ncjetfan

ncjetfan Member

I read multiple sources stating excellent wr's will be available well into second round. We will most likely get a solid wr next pick.

10. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

It just signifies how wrong they Are at florham park. Drafting a run-stuffing safety in an era in the league where passing and offense dominates.

Look at the saints. Worst fucking defense in the world and they don't care, they go out and get the player the jets should've drafted because they know how to win in this era. Same thing with Pittsburgh, stuck in the past like the jets, drafting a lb like that. In a couple years they will be terrible and the jets will be too if they don't get rid of Rex..

It's count intuitive anyway, if u supposedly have a great defensive mind as coach then you stack the offense giving him a safety net and he coaches up the defense as he's supposed to

TNJet likes this.
  11. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

He plays with that fire that Polamalu has...He is a beast and old school...Dude is going to be all over the field up by the line. Trust me guys I think we got a amazing player here.

They took the WR's I wanted and no way did i want Dennard at 18...Not another CB this year in round 1. I was worried about Manziel but damn the Brownies made more today then Sonny Weaver did in the Draft Day movie LOL

12. nyjetsknicks247

nyjetsknicks247 Well-Known Member

So offense wins super bowls tell me again who won this yr?

Fightin'JetTitan likes this.
  13. jetsillinifan

jetsillinifan Well-Known Member

difference is that we have no russell wilson

14. edray10

edray10 Well-Known Member

11 more picks in one of the deepest drafts in history, with WR being especially deep. I expect Jets will continue BPA in 2nd and 3rd rounds and if they don't get a WR or TE with the 2nd or 3rd picks they will draft a slew of WRs and TEs in the 4th through 7th rounds (where they have 8 picks). Their offense will be a lot better even if they don't get a starting WR in the mid-rounds with the addition of Decker, CJ and a starting QB of either 2nd year Geno or Vick.

Giving Rex Ryan an punishing enforcer in the secondary who can do everything well, including blitz, will have a significant impact on the defense. I can't remember the last time the Jets had a real enforcer in the secondary - maybe Ronnie Lott in his later years? This looks like a very good pickup for the jets.

15. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

The guy can cover too, he's not just a run-stuffing safety. He might not be the best cover guy but he'll generate TOs for us on the backend.

16. Jay Bizniss

Jay Bizniss Well-Known Member

This board is going to go apeshit if we don't draft a receiver tomorrow night.

alleycat9 likes this.
  17. jetsillinifan

jetsillinifan Well-Known Member

i'll be ok with this pick as long as we start addressing the offense now, particularity weapons. so wr + te. and trade up in the 2nd round for pete's sake, what are you going to do with 12 new draft picks, cut half of them?

18. NYJFan10

NYJFan10 Well-Known Member

Russel Wilson was not the difference between them winning the Super Bowl or not, their defense and running game led the way.

Rictor33 and NYJETS4life24 like this.
  19. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Seattle won it and their offense is WAY WAY better than what the jets have.

20. nyjetsknicks247

nyjetsknicks247 Well-Known Member

seattle won with defense shutting down one of the the best Offenses of all time so tell me again how offense wins?

Rictor33, iJet and NYJETS4life24 like this.