Welcome to the J-E-T-E, ArDarius Stewart!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jedi mind tricks, Apr 28, 2017.

1. Mavericknyc1980

Mavericknyc1980 Active Member

Warming up to the pick. Wanted Godwin. Think Stewart had the Coles factor

2. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Why did he fall so far? admittedly I didn't pay much attention to most of the 8 WRs selected before Stewart, but here I see a guy who looks like a pro wideout. big, quick, strong and productive for the best team in the land. I am wondering what are his weaknesses that caused him to fall to the late 3rd round, 9th WR selected.

3. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

lots of comparisons being thrown around in this thread but I do see some Brad Smith in Stewart. They both run upright with those long strides

JetsVilma28 likes this.
  4. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

I think Stewart ranks WAY higher on the toughness meter. It could just be because I look back on the Brad Smith/wildcat era in disgust, but I feel like Brad Smith went down at first contact and you would NEVER see him go over the middle.

It's a great question. I think maybe other receivers provided a little more upside in terms of taking the top off the defense or in Mike Williams case, just being a better all-around receiver. But you can go back and look at some of those WRs and still not really understand why they went ahead of Stewart.

5. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I think his real height is about 5'11" so I think his size is overstated, although the guy is built like a LB.

He doesn't have gaudy stats which could be explained by Bama having been a run first team, but he didn't exactly light up the scoreboard. Hoping he'll be a primarily slot receiver, because he makes solid plays after the catch and is tough enough to go over the middle in the NFL.