Welcome back to the Jets, Morgan Moses!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by KY Jets Fan, Mar 13, 2024.

1. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Agreed that this is great news as it means he shouldn't struggle all season, but it also means, as you said, that it's very likely that he won't get any snaps in TC or preseason, and will miss the first few games. That's all the more reason that the Jets have to take an OT in the 1st round, because he will be starting at RT to begin the season.

ColoradoContrails and Borat like this.
  2. Trainer

Trainer Well-Known Member

Moses said on the call that he'll be ready for camp. He also said he tore his pec in week 4 and played through it. He'll be ready.

3. NCJetsfan

That's a huge relief!

Jets79 likes this.
  4. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

Why make up scenarios? The player, who played in 16 games last season, 12 with the injury, the now repaired injury, is not going to be ready for training camp, preseason and the first few games? Even though the player who had the injury, and the surgery to repair said injury, said himself that he would be ready for camp. Not the 3rd game, or the 1st game, or preseason, but camp.

NOVAJET likes this.
  5. NCJetsfan

It was speculation because we saw firsthand last year, how an OT with a bad shoulder struggled all season and eventually had to go on IR, and he and our HC said he would be fine and ready, and never was. Thankfully, it's not an issue as he had the surgery 6 weeks ago, so should be fine at some point.

6. Trainer

Trainer Well-Known Member

"I honestly should've never let Morgan leave." - Joe Douglas to Jeane Coakley at today's league meetings.
    "When I left, I felt like I had so much unfinished business here." - Morgan Moses last week.
    Hopefully this puts to rest the notion that Moses wanted to leave for a contender. JD simply fumbled the ball by not making an effort to retain him.

Jets79 likes this.
  7. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

I said that day one.

Had we made a decent offer, or even a bit higher offer than maybe Baltimore did, we’d probably have been able to keep him. I just don’t buy into all the BS talk about “wanting to play for a contender”. It’s all bullshit. As soon as someone says “it’s not about the money”, you KNOW full well that yes, it absolutely IS about the money. The rest is just window dressing. It’s a way for the player to save face and not come across like a greedy bastard…they can take the high road and say they want to play for this or that coach, or that organization, or a contender. Whatever.

Money talks.

Always

And honestly, I have ZERO problem with that. It’s a short career that puts a player’s body at great risk. No one comes out of the NFL without some injuries taking their toll. So when a team can decide to cut a player whenever they feel the pay isn’t worth the performance, I have no issue at all with a player trying to maximize earnings. That’s the league we have…

ColoradoContrails likes this.