Week 9 Studs and Duds NYJ vs LAC

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by GasedAndConfused, Nov 7, 2023.

1. Savatage

Savatage Well-Known Member

Siemian-30 starts-42 TD passes
    Wilson-30 starts-20 TD passes
    If Zach doesn't get the ball into the end zone(twice) against the Raiders, we need to make the switch.

2. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

But he’s not a 4/10. He’s 31 out of 32. Almost the absolute worst you can be.

We don’t know if there’s a better option on the roster because we’re not in the team. There could be a mandate from Woody to play Wilson because it’s unlikely they’d continue to play him if for no other reason than to tell the players “look, we’re tying something different”.

He got hammered on a late hit and as best as I could tell none of the OL did anything…didn’t even help him up.

IDFjet likes this.
  3. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

I guess you're saying Rypien is 32nd? Funny because JD tried to claim him from the Rams PS about week 3 lol

4. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I don’t really get the new sidearm throws to backs underneath and on screen passes bullshit. That seems to be new this year and something he adopted from Rodgers or whatever.

But there’s no need to change your arm angle unless you have to. He throws the ball like prime A-Rod at 3rd base if it’s underneath.

5. Trainer

Trainer Well-Known Member

But, but... someone told me stats don't matter.

6. JETFUEL1580

JETFUEL1580 Well-Known Member

Whole offense was dud. Every single last one of them. How do you let the Chargers D keep you from scoring one touchdown?

NY Jets68 likes this.
  7. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Can we all agree the black pants were god fuckin awful at least?

8. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

lol woody isn't mandating we play zach. thats ridiculous.

9. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

Zach’s stats aren’t the worst he’s had…but a lot of those completions and yards were on that last drive with the Chargers giving the easy passes up. Also, the fumbles don’t affect his QB Rating I believe.

I don’t understand or agree at all with the statement that stats don’t matter. That’s just plain silliness to me. I WILL agree that stats in a vacuum do not always tell the full story, especially so when you are looking at a small sample size. Because guess what? In the end, completion rate DOES matter. Yards DO matter. Touchdowns DO matter. To state otherwise is just a bad argument.

That being said, I believe that our sample size with Zach is most certainly large enough to be valid…we are in year three. I also believe that the bottom 5 stats league wide absolutely line up perfectly well with what my eyes see…which is a bad QB who has NO feel for the game or the situation or the pass rush or the receivers. He throws off target way too often. He holds the ball way too long too many times. He doesn’t hit receivers in stride as often as he should. He just doesn’t “get it”. It’s subjective, sure, and here is where stats don’t always show it…for example, taking a sack to get out of FG range doesn’t impact his QB rating does it? But it sure as shit was a bad play.

The proof is in the fucking pudding for gods sake. This offense is bottom of the league in so many critical metrics…scoring, yards per game, red zone efficiency, third down conversions, you name it. We suck at all of it.

Is it ALL Zach’s fault? Clearly, no. Our OL is a bad OL. Our receivers outside of GW suck. Fucking Uzomah can’t catch a TD that is perfectly on target. Come on! Lazard? Shit…more penalty than yards and catches. Get the fuck out of here. So sure, Zach is fighting an uphill battle.

But you can’t seriously look at him and his body of work and think it’s ok. He sucks. He just does. I don’t know how long we have to keep watching him suck…how many games are enough? When will the sample size be enough? Do we need to see him with a third OC? Do we need to see him with 2 or 3 pro bowl receivers instead of just one?

It is what it is. Coming on about 30 games and he’s not had a SINGLE great game. Not a fucking one.

There’s no defending this shit show.

10. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

Lol ya ok, he didn't get the ball in the end zone, vs the worst passing offense in the league, what's going to be different, vs the raiders, and what's this we need to make a switch, none of us are on the coaching staff.

11. Savatage

Savatage Well-Known Member

Probably nothing unless we get a running game going to help the bum, and yes I said "we", it's just a figure of speech, but, you know that.

12. Centiment

Centiment Well-Known Member

I think Micheal Kay thinks different, Boy Green reported that when Saleh was asked straight out why he didn't play Simien instead all he could reply was I dont know thats a good question I plead the 5th

13. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

i listened to that. that wasn't quite what was asked. the clip is posted here. he was baiting saleh into a no win question and saleh didn't answer it. the most realistic option is he doesn't want to shit on his players. what is he supposed say? yeah zach sucks but simian is worse so i don't have a better option? can't say that as a head coach.

you making conjecture from a non answer is meaningless, as is mine. it was simply a question he didn't want to answer. an owner mandating a player play though is pretty much unheard of. especially when you are talking about 2nd and 3rd stringers

14. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

Mistakes were made

stinkyB and abyzmul like this.
  15. roboz08

roboz08 Well-Known Member

I don't blame whoever it was for trying to scoop and score on that fumble because he probably knew it was the best and only opportunity to score a TD and get back into the game

BrowningNagle and Jets79 like this.
  16. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

And it turns out to be a correct assumption as the offense didn’t score a single touchdown

17. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

not related to the thread but funny:

Aaron Rogers is going to set 2 records this year! The fastest return after tearing his Achilles and the only player in the NFL to tear the same Achilles tendon twice in the same season! [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

18. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I believe he’s the only undefeated quarterback left in the NFL as well.

Footballgod214 likes this.