Week 9 Studs and Duds NYJ vs LAC

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by GasedAndConfused, Nov 7, 2023.

1. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

did you see how many times we sacked herbert or how bad he looked? and he's considered a top 5 QB at best and top 10 QB at worst. zach is a backup.

2. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

That was a terrible pitch--true, he could have stopped and got it and then been tackled--you're biased

Ralebird likes this.
  3. GasedAndConfused

if i give you 10 bucks and say go get a back of ice, and you go to get it but fall over and drop the money which the wind blows away and you come back with a scraped knee and no money or ice how is that my fault?

4. GasedAndConfused

I think you are. watch the replay. breece turned his head and lost track of the ball which hit his fingertips

5. HackettSuxTNG

HackettSuxTNG Well-Known Member

Chargers 27-6 Jets (Nov 6, 2023) Box Score - ESPN

Zach Wilson fumbled THREE times, and lost two. Don't let emotion cloud your judgement.

6. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

I remember it well--it was too slow--

But more generally, don't you think everyone else is pressing BECAUSE ZW is not doing his job. Breece not waiting for the ball doesn't happen in a vacuum. Same with Garrett. They have to make big plays to overcome that little shit's bad play.

Since1969 and papapump like this.
  7. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

Herbert was sacked 5 times for -29 yards. Wilson was sacked 8 times for -57 yards.

On the season, Herbert has been sacked on 6.6% of his dropbacks. Wilson has been sacked on 10.4% of his.

Wilson also has the longest average time to throw of any QB in the league. It has been an issue his entire career. He holds the ball too long and takes too many bad sacks. This is not the hill to die on. The evidence is overwhelming.

8. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Glad we could get this thread back to the "original thread series creator" LMAO. Bang up job.

Ralebird, JackBower, Dierking and 2 others like this.
  9. GasedAndConfused

I don't care how they do the crediting. the breece one was on him, it's just the NFL always credits the QB for that fumble (handoff fumble) regardless of who's fault it is. I don't have any emotion here. I mean i'm pissed at the offense but i'm also trying to be reasonable. It makes me hope we start boyle or siemian just so we lose 50-0 and people here see that it's not just zach causing the issues.

10. GasedAndConfused

GW carrying the ball away form his body has 0 to do with zach. hall looking for a hole before securing the ball is just a dumb mistake and nothing to do with zach.

11. GasedAndConfused

we also played from behind and zach had double the drop backs. chargers o-line is healthier and better then ours.

12. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Starting Boyle or Siemian isn't going to make the defense worse.

Ralebird and IDFjet like this.
  13. bigbucks24

bigbucks24 Active Member

The entire board, except 1 person: Z Wilson was terrible.

1 person: You guys are bias and letting your emotions get the best of you. I am the only reasonable one.

SackRecord99, Since1969 and Jets81 like this.
  14. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

Both Zach and Herbert were sacked on 16% of their dropbacks this game. Wilson had 2 turnovers and Herbert had 0 (despite Herbert facing a much better defense).

What's the takeaway supposed to be here? That Zach played better than Herbert this game? That Zach is a better QB than Herbert? There's no strong argument for either.

Zach wasn't helped by everyone else, but he also faced the league-worst passing defense while Herbert faced a top 5 passing defense.

Trainer likes this.
  15. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I thought the offensive line was fine until the 4th quarter. He had time to complete passes but held onto the ball for an eternity early on. We also had some first down rushing success even if it was only 3-4 yards.

The offensive line did get smoked in the fourth quarter.

Since1969 likes this.
  16. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

Even if we got shut out the first game with either of them, consider how much resources we have poured into ZW and the return we have gained.

Pour 1/2 these resources into Boyle and you get a better return most likely by year 3.

17. HackettSuxTNG

HackettSuxTNG Well-Known Member

Facts don't care about your feelings.

18. GasedAndConfused

it will when the OP is under 20 mins and they tire out and we throw pick sixes and 2-4 INTs a game.
    I mean the D itself won't be worse, but the score will look worse

19. GasedAndConfused

it's a stat, not a fact of who's at fault. In the film room, the team knows it was on breece. even if zach puts it right into his gut and he drops it, it's on zach statwise. just another example of how stats don't mean much

20. GasedAndConfused

the takeaway is the stats don't really matter and in a bubble zach outperofrmed herbert this game. he's obviously not a better QB overall, but he did more for his team then herbert did for his. the chargers won becuase special teams, pass rush, and thier skill positions making plays while ours fucked the offense over. the main point was zach wasn't the main reason we lost or really not even in the top 5 but people make it sound like he threw the game away