Week 9- Jets @ Bills Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BK_Jetsfan, Oct 31, 2011.

1. Jetdic

Jetdic Active Member

Since UB, Buff State and all the other colleges are in session, there will be a ton of Jets fans at the game. Don't give too much credit to yourself. The game wasn't even sold out until 2 weeks ago. It's not a great place. It's a bunch of scumbags who purchased 30 dollar tickets and try to fight opposing fans because they live in one of the dumpiest towns in America and have nothing going for them. This is coming from someone who lived and worked in Buffalo for 4 years.

2. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

I Plan to take the trip one of these years.

3. BuffaloPhysco

BuffaloPhysco Member

Seeing Maybin go out there for the handshake and coin toss is going to pump up the crowd even more. By the way the whiteout is official, they are handing out 50,000 white pom poms for the game.

4. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

Buffalo has struggled w/ attanedance since the en dof the glory days. Remember, that building used to hold over 80,000 so they downsized and still have trouble selling tickets which is why they play a game in Canada every year.

It is a great atmosphere when the team is winning though.

5. Lon Chaney

Lon Chaney Well-Known Member

So now the Jets can't win this game because it's in Buffalo?

The reality is that it is a divisional game between two good teams. Like most NFL games of this nature, it will be most likely a tightly contested affair, probably a one score game in the 4th quarter.

The team that makes the bigger plays and the fewer mistakes will win.

6. rholt168

rholt168 Active Member

Pom poms? That's adorable. 50,000 cheerleaders. So cute. lol

Also, if Maybin gets a sack I wonder what will happen. Mass suicide?

7. nyjunc

:rofl: those pom poms will be intimidating!

The last team to try a white out on us was Houston in 2009. We crushed them.

8. Jetdic

Jetdic Active Member

If it's a sellout, they should be handing out 73,000. Not only is the front office terrible at drafting talent, they are also terrible at math.

9. Lon Chaney

Lon Chaney Well-Known Member

Know how I know you're ghey?

10. BuffaloPhysco

BuffaloPhysco Member

Pretty much. I would hope we could counter it with a Brad Smith touchdown.

11. BuffaloPhysco

BuffaloPhysco Member

Terrible at drafting talent? I'm assuming your basing that off of our picks before the Nix/Gailey era. I agree it should be 74,000 but maybe the supply/demand isnt as high on white pom poms. First 50,000 in get them I would assume. It should look nice though!!

12. nyjunc

A) we didn't overpay for Maybin and B) Maybin has actually done something for us this year

13. rholt168

rholt168 Active Member

I sort of feel bad for Brad Smith. He hasn't been able to really do anything up there. They don't really run the WC that often and know how else to use his talents. Part of me wishes he was still here, the other part realizes that he got paid $$$$ and McKnight has replaced him just find.

14. BuffaloPhysco

BuffaloPhysco Member

I didn't deny that? Obviously your coaches have been great with him and are getting him to play at his best. Still don't see him as anything more then a situational pass rusher for his career. But thats all thats needed to stay on a team if he keeps making plays. Also think Rex made a huge mistake naming him the captain this week. Several players are going to take that personal and I know the fans will be extra fired up.

15. jjb333

jjb333 Member

I've been to Buffalo's stadium. Disgusting place. Food was barely edible, people pissing on the floors and sinks in the crowded bathrooms, obnoxious fans... Terrible place to go.

16. BuffaloPhysco

BuffaloPhysco Member

Due to the stupid kickoff rule he doesn't get to return the ball that much. In fact we are last in the league at running kicks out. I believe only 8 in teh first 7 games.

Gailey used the wildact quite a bit in the pre-season and Brad showed his effectiveness and ability to pick up a first down on those short yardage situations. Our offense has been flying high so far this season so there really hasn't been a need to mix in the wildact. But I'm sure Gailey has some playcalls saved if we are still playing meaningfull games in December/January.

17. tubby

tubby Active Member

Rex always does something like that though. In the pre season game against the Giants I believe he only sent Plax out.

18. Jtuds

Jtuds Active Member

That's exactly what it was. I was surprised Gruden tookt he stance he did. The ref did a good job on that play.

19. nyjunc

yopu knew the rules when you signed him and our KR game has gotten better w/o him. It was Westhoff.

20. Jtuds

Jtuds Active Member

It doesn't matter how old you are, you're right about that. What does matter is how much you know about the game. You know players, positions, stats, results of games, etc....you're a basic fan. You haven't shown much X's and O's knowledge, but you talk about things that requrie that type of knowledge. Then, when you're questioned about it, you can't back it up.

I would never argue with a physicist about something that, on it's face, I thought I knew about. Why? Because if he wanted to, he could make me look stupid. Moral of the story: if you don't know a lot about somethnig, don't talk about it...or at least don't try to "drop knowledge". If you do, you're talking out of your ass.