Week 9: (3-5) Jets at (3-4) Dolphins

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by The Dark Knight, Oct 31, 2016.

1. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

Same here. Anyone with a quick WR who competes for the football is a big problem for us. I'm not too worried about stopping the run. We should be able to do that. And also ... we don't need to worry too much about the TE.

On the other side ... I can't imagine Fitz gets through this game without one or two strip sacks. On Sunday they mentioned that Clady has given up more QB pressures than any lineman in the game. Here comes Wake and Williams. Great.

2. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

Who made the comment about the QB pressure?

Was it Gannon? He is awful as a commentator, I muted the TV, I just could not listen to him anymore.

He was just making stuff up as he went along, you can tell that he knew very little about the jets QB situation.

3. STARoSCREAM

STARoSCREAM Well-Known Member

He seems to bash the Jets too. Not sure why, he doesn't seem to like the Jets at all.

Red Menace likes this.
  4. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Its the contracts man... You don't hide $17mil by putting him on the #2 guy. You don't bench $12mil either. You have to somehow justify that money by playing these guys thus showing ROI to you know who. Revis gets paid like he's still All-World. He's gonna have to earn that cash by covering guys who really are All-world.

5. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

Whoever it was, that dude definitely inspired me to mute the TV as well. I can't believe some of the crap that was spewing out of his mouth. He reminds me of a hyperactive kid, he just needs to keep talking, even if he doesn't know what he's saying, he just has to keep going and going.

When he was "analyzing" the completion that was over turned, he got all hyper and just kept repeating, "OMG, maybe it hit his leg, look, did you see, it hits the leg, i don't see it hitting the ground, no way they over turn this!!!" when it was dead obvious the ball hit the ground after the 2nd look at the replay. What a tool, he obviously just wanted the call to go against the Jets. I can't stand announcers that are selected just because of the sound of their voice. Get some analysts that aren't blind and stupid, thanks.

#25 Sam Hammer, Oct 31, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2016
    Red Menace likes this.
  6. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Landry is gonna make Old Man Revis his personal bitch.

7. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Will that one be dubbed "The Crotch Fumble Game"?

8. stinkyB

Look around...... Sounds like a true JETS fan to me

Footballgod214 likes this.
  9. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

Not worried about Ajayi at all. The one thing we do well is run defense. Everything else we are below average to poor at.

10. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

I don't think we are going to see the revis v Landry match up. I think it's going to be a combination of linebackers/Pryor flooding the underneath routes and Skrine. I think revis matches up pretty well vs Davonte Parker on the outside.

11. WhySoSerious488

WhySoSerious488 Well-Known Member

I would call it a draw, as both teams have a dismal situation at QB. It's hard for me to feign excitement for Petty when he was never drafted to be the starter, and he doesn't even get a look from Bowles after our journeyman starter goes 3-14 in the first half. Clearly, he is showing nothing in practice. And wasn't expected to be the savior anyway.

As to Hackenberg, I'm on record against that move from day 1. We picked an in drafted free agent caliber player in round 2, and then all he did in preseason was look like the literal worst QB prospect ever. I hope he proves me wrong, but his track record in college and the pros to date strongly suggests he will not.

Just on the above alone, I can't say our QB situation is "better" than anyone's, we are as dire as any team in the league at the position.

The Dark Knight likes this.
  12. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

Revis did well with Larry and Larry isn't a burner...nor is Landry...

I think he will do fine on Landry...now if he's on someone like Parker who has more speed, well that's an issue...

13. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Landry is so quick laterally and so shifty he will have revis turning in circles. Landry will line up in the slot all game long. Even if Bowles allowed for revis to be physical at the line he can't jam Landry. At least with Parker he can physically matchup with him.

Mogriffjr likes this.
  14. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

The Coach makes the decision of how to utilize the players, and who to play.
    The Coach does not hand out contracts, so there shouldn't be any conflicts there..........unless of course the Coach is reporting to the guy who is handing out contracts, which fortunately is not the case here.

I think Bowles playing both guys has to do with lack of quality alternatives, and maybe a bit of stubborness, but I'm not buying into contracts affecting his decision making.

#34 BacktoQueens, Oct 31, 2016
  15. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

Will be flying down for this game, so hopefully the Jets make it worthwhile!

My keys:
    1) Play with some intensity. enough coming out flat, this is a division opponent. nut up!
    2) Double team Landry. Don't leave Revis alone on their best playmaker.
    3) Stop the run. Miami's recent success is directly tied to Ajayi and the run game ramping up. Our strength is our Dline. step up and stop the run. see point 1.

Do that, and we'll win.

#35 BacktoQueens, Oct 31, 2016
  16. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

I know a 67 year old guy who just had his knee replaced and has limes disease that could easily burn Revis a few times.

17. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Best coaching ever comes to mind

18. PennyRoyal10

PennyRoyal10 Well-Known Member

Not only that, why fiddle around with the run when our secondary and LB corp can be roasted at will through the air...

19. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Charles Woodson in his final year was faster than Revis in 2009.

20. stinkyB

Pretty much. Sad to see his current state considering that Revis's "Game" came from technique, dedication and the mental aspect of playing the position. Usually those guys are the ones that go on to have lengthy careers (all sports, not just football)
    Has his bankroll made him lazy, or did it just take a few hammy injuries to slow him down to a noncompetitve level...... prob a bit of both

It's sad to see, because I still say 2009 was the BEST I've ever seen the CB position played....... and yes, that includes Deion.

btw, I'm headed down to MIA for the game, so that almost guarantees a beatdown

Footballgod214 and abyzmul like this.