Week 7: New York Jets vs New England Patriots thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by The 1985er, Oct 18, 2015.

1. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

First test of the year? Good thing that Eagles game was just a test and doesn't count..

2. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Man, I hate the Patriots. Beating them would be sweet. The Jets are fully capable. Need to be aggressive on offense though. No need to play conservative.

Jay Bizniss likes this.
  3. sozopol

sozopol Well-Known Member

I'll have to catch this in NH in between my son's soccer games-- ugh.

I don't see us winning, especially if we don't have Skrine, but even if we do. I just hope for a competitive game where they leave everything on the field and acquit themselves well.

4. fltflo

fltflo Active Member

Really Wanted to enjoy today's win....
    Yet,sorry guys but this game, I really think Belicheat is going to expose Fitzpatrick flaws big time. What I really look forward to is hitting Brady as many times as possible. I am hoping that our secondary will force Brady to hold on to the ball just a extra second or two more , to allow those hits.
    This and keeping it close and not getting embarrassed in a loss would be a win for me.
    Of course an out right a$$ beating of these cheating SOB's would be an early Christmas present for every Jets around the globe.

5. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

I don't see Pats stacking the box. I don't think Pats secondary is good enough to go 1-on-1 on both Decker AND Marshall. [Especially Marshall; one fell swoop and he's taking minimum 15 extra yard, if not more.]

6. nyjetsknicks247

nyjetsknicks247 Well-Known Member

I keep seeing people talk about Fitz being exposed in this game. Ivory is the key if we wanna win Pats rush defense is garbage.

Vida likes this.
  7. BleedGreen89

BleedGreen89 Well-Known Member

What kind of pussy defeatist attitude is this?

LIJetsFan likes this.
  8. edray10

edray10 Well-Known Member

the skins were playing a lot of max protect with a TE and one or two backs left in for pass protection. They had a number of plays where they only had 2 players go out to run routes.

Many of the jets opponents so far have kept in additional pass protection. It'll be really interesting to see what the Pats do here. Brady has historically had trouble with pressure straight up the middle. Will they leave in some additional protection or will they have 4 and 5 WRs go out on routes? If they go with no additinal protection then Brady is going to take some shots. I don't think they'll go with many 5 WR sets and I think most of the time they'll leave in at least one additional pass protector. Skrine is huge for this game - the jets really need him to be healthy. Marcus Williams is very important also.

On defense, I expect the pats to stack the box with 8 or 9 defenders and dare Fitz to beat them over the top. They'll also almost certainly double cover Marshall.

9. Jets007

Jets007 Well-Known Member

How do you stop hurry up offense ?

10. sozopol

sozopol Well-Known Member

It would be defeatist if he were a Jets player. But as a fan it is a pretty reasonable conclusion, and an solid defense mechanism

11. DoubleDecker87

DoubleDecker87 Well-Known Member

Not worried about Fitz against this sorry secondary. More worried about how our defense will slow down their dominant offense with 2 of our top 4 CB's possibly out. Gronk, the 2 little guys, and now the running back duo brings a tough match up no matter how great our D is.

12. edray10

You make them go 3 and out a lot so their defense spends a lot of time on the field and is totally gassed by the 4th quarter.

13. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

You can't stack the box and double team anybody. Are they playing with 15 guys on defense? This is the 2nd straight week I saw this shit here. How long have people been watching the NFL?

LIJetsFan, Dom and FJF like this.
  14. Jets4eva9011

Jets4eva9011 Well-Known Member

Clearly not long enough..:D

KWJetsFan likes this.
  15. MiaJets305

MiaJets305 Active Member

To me it all comes down to what Fitz shows up, the one that played against Phili or the one that played today. The Jets should win this game, the Pats have that Tyson intimidation thing going and it has even trickled to fans, go in not fearing them and we win this game easy, go in scared then 4-2 here we come

16. joe

joe Well-Known Member

Edelman's turned into a bit of a hot-headed hotdog of late. Can someone please jack his ass to the point of him blowing snot bubbles?

If Buster Skrine can't go next Sunday that spells big trouble.

NY Jets68 and Brook! like this.
  17. MiaJets305

MiaJets305 Active Member

No fear here, JETS all the way book it

18. edray10

First of all just because you bring a safety within 10 yards of the line of scrimmage doesn't mean you can't double a receiver. For example, you can have a linebacker and a corner cover him - where the linebacker stays in front of him and the corner stays behind him. This is called bracketing. You can also have a safety and a corner cover him by having a safety cheating towards him (maybe one who is stacking the box and is within 10 yards of the line of scrimmage) and you have the corner stay in front of him and the safety behind him.

I also find myself wondering how long have people been watching the NFL.

19. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

Personally, I have the linebackers hitting him at the line of scrimmage, then shadowing him with Pryor. If the ball gets anywhere near him, Pryor's orders are shoot to kill.

Br4d likes this.
  20. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Maybe that works. I think Rex tried having Coples or Pace chip him at the line of scrimmage and then Antonio Allen pick him up a few yards deep after that. Held him to 8 catches for about 114 yards but Brady did target him 17 times, which is a hell of a job of controlling the damage. Jets won that game.

I'm thinking Coples and Pace aren't going to be on the field much against Brady and Gronk so I'm not sure what Rodgers and Bowles will have in mind.