Week 2: New York Jets @ Buffalo Bills (TNF)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Big Cat, Sep 11, 2016.

1. microscopes

microscopes Member

#41 microscopes, Sep 12, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2016
    FlaJet and xxedge72x like this.
  2. Bills over Jets

Bills over Jets Well-Known Member

Woods is fine as a complimentary receiver along with a stud (Sammy) but he can't beat #1 corners and be the #1 guy.

3. Bills over Jets

Bills over Jets Well-Known Member

He's soft but he's not the type to not dress. He's the type to dress and play but just not be any good. He's played most of his time here with injuries, its just that he's not effective with them. He's soft mentally more than physically.

4. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Absolutely, however if he can get behind the defense, a play can be made. The secondary has allowed receivers to run right past them. Jets need to keep everything in front of them.

5. BZanZ

BZanZ Active Member

This is where we get to see what Todd Bowles is made of.

He needs to lay into his special teams coaches this week at practice and we cant loose a single game because of special teams for the rest of the year.

He also needs to find a way to scheme our secondary to adjust to the lack of speed with Revis covering number 1s without giving them a 6-7 yard cushion at all times. no more busted coverage's.

Im not saying Bowles job is on the line or anything but if we are to be a playoff team or at least an ascending team we have to have a coaching staff that can make the correct adjustments and hold the staff/players accountable. I believe Rex would have viewed all of these mistakes yesterday as one offs and game planned as usual for buffalo. We need our coach to highlight these flaws and come up with a fix quick on a short week because these are the types of mistakes that keep teams in the games right to the end where hours of blood sweat and tears can all be decided by some ex-soccer player who doesnt even play football.

I hate to draw the comparison because I effing hate the pats but Bill B went to face a team as good as Cincy AWAY from new england without the best QB ever (imo) and the best TE currently in the NFL, 2 best OL hurt, #1 RB hurt and essentially a rookie QB and they won because the players that did play did not make stupid mistakes (for the most part) and the game planning was exceptional.

thats the biggest thing this team needs is a coaching staff that is elite, not saying ours cant become elite but this short week will show me a lot. Im predicting a win because the bills are missing the only thing that can really hurt us (watkins) but what im going to be looking for is breakdowns in the secondary and failures on special teams... I want to see zeroes in both of those categories.

FlaJet, tpaleologo and xxedge72x like this.
  6. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Fair to say, must win for both teams...Going down 0-2 is a deathblow in the AFC

7. mr nyjet

mr nyjet Well-Known Member

you have an advantage, at the qb position. your qb has an arm that can throw deep, outside, and with zip on those passes.
    balloon throws won't get the jets into the playoffs.

8. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

They did a 180 twice last year against the Jets. Wouldn't shock me. Jets should win though, I agree.

9. zace

zace Well-Known Member

Why would he lay into the coach? Special teams was fine other than the missed kicks.

Sent from my SM-N930V using Tapatalk

10. BZanZ

BZanZ Active Member

when you get a 22 yard FG blocked and miss an extra point in the same game then you have some explaining to do. its the ST co's job to make sure that unit preforms on sunday and they didnt.

our special teams could have won us the game left 4 points on the field. cincys took 4 points and they won.

again, i hate bringing him up but belichieck would not think our ST was fine, he would probably be making their lives hell in practice this week and thats why they can withstand what they withstand as a complete team. (f**ckers)

11. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

What kind of pain is Watkins having, menstrual? Seriously, I haven't heard anything about his injury. What kind is it that time won't heal it? Is it bone on bone?

xxedge72x likes this.
  12. xoMYSTiCxo

xoMYSTiCxo Member

Hope they can pull off with a W on thursday night.

13. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Foot problems. Had pedestrian numbers against the Ravens. We may have caught a break here.

14. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Thanks, Cman60!

15. Chadchrebet

Chadchrebet Well-Known Member

I'm sure Darrell hopes he gets well soon.

16. King Koopa

King Koopa Well-Known Member

This is basically a must win....we lose this one and our season could spiral out of control before it even began

Watkins not playing or being limited could be huge for us....The problem is more about our offense against their D though

17. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Week 2 "must win". yea OK.

Losing to a divisional opponent to start 0-2 would suck balls, but I assure you the Jets aren't going to tuck their balls and freak out like a bunch of little bitches if it happens.

Calling a week 2 game a "must win" is about as clear an indication of not understanding what must win means as there is.

Dom likes this.
  18. Chadchrebet

Chadchrebet Well-Known Member

Normally I'd be with you, actually 95% of the time I'd say you're correct about week 2 must wins. But 0-2 with @ Arrowhead, home to Seattle, @ Pitt, @ Arizona is tough. With all that said, KC didn't wow me yesterday, nor did Seattle, or Arizona. But going off of last year and potential based on their roster, its daunting to say the least.

19. PulseJet

PulseJet Well-Known Member

Yeah,they need 11-12 wins. Doesnt matter when they occur, at what point in the season. Even at 0-2, the Jets are still in the hunt because I dont think you can say the Jets are a fundamentally flawed team after yesterdays game. In fact, the DL looked world-class and if the secondary stops being a leaky sieve it has the potential of being elite. And the offense sputtered a bit but that was a good Bengals team and the Jets moved the ball well against them.

20. King Koopa

King Koopa Well-Known Member

@ Chiefs
    Vs Seahawks
    @ Steelers
    @ Cardinals

About as close to a must win as there can be looking ahead as far as this early in the season

No shit the season would be far from over and the Jets aren't going to quit but an NFL season can tank real quick if you start off 0-4 or something like that

This isn't a normal week 2 game just based on the early season schedule....