Week 2: New York Jets @ Buffalo Bills (TNF)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Big Cat, Sep 11, 2016.

1. DimsAllmighty

DimsAllmighty Well-Known Member

2. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

3. NotSatoshiNakamoto

@Don must be hurting today.

4. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Nah... just trying to drum up something else about Bowles to bitch at. #Rexaholicsquitbitchin

5. PulseJet

PulseJet Well-Known Member

Great game overall, a couple of small player observations not previously covered:

1) 4th Quarter, GREAT stop of McCoy by Darren Lee on 2nd and 4. Lee did exactly what we seen in his Ohio State film, looked for the crease and used his speed to fill the gap and make the tackle for a 2 yard loss. Nice play by the rookie. Only to be followed by:
    2) Mauldin drawing the Neutral Zone Infraction. Kid has been mediocre so far this season. I noticed a couple of times he was pass rushing and was taken 10 yards behind the pocket. Not good.
    3) Same series: Great play by Gilchrist on the 26 yard scramble by McCoy. Showed great footwork and finess not letting McCoy juke past him for the score. Saved a TD.
    4) Some vindication for Kellen Davis early in the first quarter, recovering the Fitzpatrick fumble. Good job!
    5) Forte's first TD run... I dont think I've ever seen a RB get rocked like that and still hold onto the football, much less score.

6. keypusher

keypusher Member

Congrats, Jets fans. Glad Brandon Marshall is OK.

abyzmul and NCJetsfan like this.
  7. microscopes

microscopes Member

What does that say for the team then?

Down in the 3rd quarter (4th quarter?) to an inferior team?

8. microscopes

microscopes Member

Exactly

9. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

10. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

They were up for a whole 9 minutes, then gave us the lead and never made a comeback. So what?

Our pass defense just isn't there. We just let Tyrod Taylor throw for almost 300 yards and three touchdowns. That's embarrassing. Revis looks old as hell and everyone in the league knows it. What's awful is he counts $17m against the cap to get burnt multiple times a game this year. $15,333,333 next year, $10,893,836, 2018, and $10,893,864. We should be able to get a better CB and still have leftover cash with that kind of money. But we've just gone back to paying people for what they once could do, not how they will play now.

11. ctjetsguy

ctjetsguy Active Member

Correct me if I'm wrong, but after next season we can cut Revis with minimal dead cap, right? I think we need to adjust how we use Revis, I don't think he's a complete bum but he certainly shouldn't be left on islands with top flight number ones or world class speedsters. Let's see if Bowles adjusts going forward and was Darrelle can do; I still have faith he can be a very good cornerback for us this season if utilized efficiently. Revis Island is no more though, obviously

12. NY Jets68

NY Jets68 Well-Known Member

lol @ Rex
    The Jets just put 37 points on Rob's D and what does Rex do? He fires his Offensive Coordinator.

abyzmul, Newyawka and ctjetsguy like this.
  13. Newyawka

Newyawka Member

The same thing i've been saying to people since the news broke..I'm so glad this debacle moved to Siberia.

14. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

If we wait until after the 2017 season, I don't think there's any dead money hit. If they cut him after this season, they'll save $7,333,333 on the cap, but take a dead money hit of $8 million.

15. richieC

richieC Active Member

Then the real question >> is Revis worth 8 million to play next year? I think....yes. Won't be able to get a better corner for 8 mil, so Jets fans need to accept the fact that Revis will be here through the 2017 season.

16. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I don't think it's written in stone at all. I think it will depend upon how he plays the rest of the year. While I'd be surprised if he's really as done as some think, if he is, then imo they could find a better CB for less. Burris might even be better by next season, if Revis is truly done.

I don't know if it's confidence, his wrist, missing OTAs and mini-camp or what, being somewhat out of shape because he couldn't work out that hard during the offseason, but I do think he'll round into form and improve over the next several weeks, especially with 10 days before our next game. If he does, then yes, he'll definitely be back.