Week 2: New York Jets @ Buffalo Bills (TNF)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Big Cat, Sep 11, 2016.

1. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

Lots of positives, lots of negatives, but when the clock hit 0:00 we had more points than them. Onto the next one.

2. 74

74 Well-Known Member

WAS IT OVER WHEN THE GERMANS BOMBED PEARL HARBOR?!

3. Stripes

Stripes New Member

Hey folks, Bengals fan here. Just want to say that was an awesome win tonight. I had a feeling week one was a matchup of serious AFC powers (and the team that won was more than a little lucky), and this game affirms that for me. I know Revis is having a hard time, but I think the Jets will be fine -- especially with the best front four in the NFL.

On behalf of the entire nation outside Boston, we're rooting for your boys to take the east. The Jets have built a fantastic, balanced roster and I think you all will be having a lot of fun this season. I don't want to see your team again in the playoffs if the Bengals get there (granted, since it's the Bengals, I don't want to see ANYONE in the playoffs :().

4. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

tightly fought win against a quality opponent on the road.
    i like it..

5. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

Sarcasm at it's finest.

6. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Thanks! Welcome. I always welcome classy, intelligent fans of other teams. Good luck to your Bengals too!

7. MDJets

MDJets Well-Known Member

Get over the 2 pt converson. Yes they should have gone for 2. Matter the fact is, after we blew a 13 pt lead, many gave up on the Jets. Takes 60 minutes to play. Kudos to Fitz, Forte and OL (after a slow start). Big win. Give Marshall 9 days off to rest his knee. Clean up the deep ball on defense...

8. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

The Jets play a lot of emotional roller coasters, but this one is the most drastic I can remember. Thinking Marshall was done for the year, then having him come back out and thinking we were going to win a blowout at 20-7. Then the fumble and collapse put us down, and we stormed right back. Had to hold your breath to the end. My emotions were all over the place these last 3 hours, I'm sleeping in tomorrow.

9. TwoHeadedMonster

TwoHeadedMonster Well-Known Member

I have to say, it's nice to have someone pleasant stop by and pay a real compliment. Usually it's Bills or Phins fans giving backhanded compliments and vomiting nonsense all over the forum.

Freddy Mondo and rammagen like this.
  10. GreenfiendNYJ

GreenfiendNYJ Active Member

Didn't want to jinx it before the game, but other than going 0-2 before a devilish stretch of games, my concern was leaving the door open to being swept 2 years in a row. It would be a bad look to have 2 teams in the division have your number. Despite the win, this has the feeling of a scrappy season.

11. Aero

Aero Well-Known Member

Fitz was shaky on that first drive, but that was probably his best overall game as a Jet. A 100 yard rusher and (nearly) three 100 yard receivers is insane by our usual standards.

Secondary needs work, though.

12. NYJFan10

NYJFan10 Well-Known Member

So what was this Marshall mystery injury where it looked like he'd have to be put down like a horse then was back in the game five minutes later, a twisted knee or a hip flareup?

13. Longsuffering88

Longsuffering88 Well-Known Member

21 free points

Can't do that against real teams and expect to win

dawinner127 likes this.
  14. Stripes

Stripes New Member

Trust me, I understand how annoying that is. My team shares a division with Pittsburgh. :rolleyes:

I am honestly wowed by the roster y'all have put together. There's something good to say about every basic aspect of football.

The Jets can throw the ball. Fitzpatrick might not be the scariest QB to face, but that WR corps is good enough to elevate him. Everyone already knew Marshall and Decker could play, but now it goes at least three deep.

The Jets can run the ball. Forte has looked amazing so far this year, and the Jets o-line is pounding out holes with physicality.

The Jets can stop the run. The Jets can rush the passer. They're not perfect, but damn they look solid. Keep the faith.

15. RuJFan

RuJFan Well-Known Member

Germans?

16. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

And yet you guys beat us. Good luck on the season, hope you get into the playoffs again and get a win (not against us of course :)).

17. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

forget it, he's rolling..

18. SeattleJet

SeattleJet Active Member

I think Bowles has grown as HC. Also, if we had to lose one game, then I rather lose to Bengals than the Bills.

19. rammagen

rammagen Well-Known Member

let him go he is on a roll

20. Bills over Jets

Bills over Jets Well-Known Member

Nice game to the Jets.