Week 16 Giants @ Jets discussion.

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by macbk, Dec 18, 2011.

1. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

And Hunter will still get called for holding.

2. Cynic

Cynic New Member

No matter how bad statistically the Giants defense is they are the type of defense that will give the Jets fits.

I...I'm mailing this in. We're fucked. Season over unless we get some help. I don't see us winning unless Rex creates a monster defensive gameplan.

3. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

He's certainly not capable of putting together a monster defensive game plan this is true.

4. 85inthehall

85inthehall Well-Known Member

Osi will miss his 4th straight game. That means the Giants pass rush is not as potent as it could be. The secondary for the Giants is beyond awful. Their top pick was benched against the skins for constantly getting torched. They only sacked Rex 1 time on Sunday and allowed 123 rushing yards. If the Jets can establish the run,. misdirection, and some screens early it will cause that line to delay just a split second.

Manning won't have Ballard to throw to so the biggest weakness of the Jets - covering a TE with any level of talent - is less of a concern.

5. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

I am cautiously optimistic. Ballard being out helps us a lot, but of course we can't cover any tight ends. What will help is their runners are more North to South so if we can tackle (which has been suspect) we can force them into 3rd and longs. While Eli has been playing great, hopefully a lot of 3rd and longs will let us throw our whole defensive playbook at him. He seems to try to force the game along when they are down 2+ scores (Giants fans correct me if I'm wrong) and sometimes he can pick his way down the field. Other times he makes throws that should not be made and it leads to the Giants being in a bigger hole.

On offense, I am not sure how we should attack the Giants D. I think our offensive gameplan should be having someone in to help Hunter and run out of different formations like that, but also play action/ rollout with those formations. It seems we telepath when we are going to pass the ball to opponents when Greene comes out and then we go into shotgun with LT. I think we need to tone down the screens as it seemed Philly was ready for them, and try to take some deep shots while leaving people in to protect and give Sanchez time. It seems when we go deep now it is out of shotgun leaving Hunter alone to block someone.

6. Jets-N-Terps

Jets-N-Terps Well-Known Member

At least it's at 1. Anytime this year the Jets play at 4 or in prime time, they lay a fucking egg.

7. Ruttiger

Ruttiger New Member

Hey All - Giants fan here just looking to talk about the upcoming game.

Seems like both teams have left us fans with wondering which team will actually show up this weekend. Some really great wins and some head scratching losses with total Jekyll and Hyde performances.. so if you were to ask me, I have no fucking clue who's got the edge.

The Giants pass rush cant get there ...corners and safeties are getting beat and are confused about what they should be doing, Boley is the only LB making plays ... JPP IS the defense right now and he cant do it all. Tuck needs Zoloft... hes got tons of injuries and its taken him out both physically and mentally. Amukamara is pretty much a scratch for the season and we wont know what we really have until next season.

The Giants offense as good as it can look constantly gets off to a slow start... Eli and the offense excel in the 2-minute/hurry up but Gilbride thinks it can only be run when there's 2 minutes left. Ballard being out SUCKS!

A big match up that I think will have a large impact will be Boley covering Keller. Boley did well against Witten a couple of weeks ago holding him to 14 yards. I think Keller is to Sanchez the same as Witten is to Romo. So many times I've seen Keller make those big mid-drive catches to set up the knock-out punch by Holmes ..and Plax too.

So who knows.. I think though that this is going to be a very exciting game regardless. Good Luck - if either shitty version of either team shows up - they are the ones that deserve to lose. Hopefully both teams get their shit together and we see a close game of GREAT FOOTBALL and may the better team win.

8. Roger Vick

Roger Vick Banned

I have a question about this game.

Do the Giants get to use their usual locker-room? Or, do they have to use the "Visitor's" locker-room?

And, do they get to park in their usual parking spots at the stadium?

If I'm Woody Johnson, the Giants use the visitor's locker-room, not their own. And, they park in Lot P.

But, Woody won't do that. He'll make them feel at home. And, they'll thank him by kicking our asses.

9. Lon Chaney

Lon Chaney Well-Known Member

Jets and Giants have separate locker rooms.

10. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

I don't believe the Jets can force the Giants to use the visitors locker room since the Giants happen to own half of the stadium.

11. Roger Vick

Roger Vick Banned

I understand the Giants have their own locker-room in the stadium.

But, since this is a Jets home game, why should the Giants get to use their own locker-room.

Why shouldn't they use the visitor's locker-room, like every other visiting team?

12. Roger Vick

Roger Vick Banned

This is a road game for the Giants.

13. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

we can and will run on them plus we have a huge edge w/ our receivers vs. their DBs. The Giants have the pass rushers to give us fis but if we can keep them off balance we shouldn't have any problems against their D.

14. Roger Vick

Roger Vick Banned

What makes you think Schotty will know enough to run the ball on the Giants?

Shonn Greene averaged over 8 yards per carry early on against the Eagles, and Shotty decided to abandon the run.

What makes you think he'll be any more competent this week?

15. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

because they paid a shit load of money to help build the stadium, that's why.

16. Roger Vick

Roger Vick Banned

Shouldn't matter. They are the road team, they should be treated like any other road team.

But, Woody won't insist on that because he is a weak second-fiddle to the Maras.

17. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

he didn't abandon the run, he threw a pass which was completed then our WR fumbled, then after getting stuffed on 1st down we had a nice pass play on 2nd down and our WR dropped it setting up the INT. from there we were playing catch up all day and we had to throw. Let's hope we don't have any bad TOs early and we won't be forced to abandon the run.

18. #28Martin

#28Martin Well-Known Member

Schotty didn't abandon the run, that's such BS... They went down 28 points in a blink, what the heck was he supposed to do, keep running then? If Holmes doesn't drop that reception and then have that pass go thru his hands, the Jets would have run more.

19. Roger Vick

Roger Vick Banned

He abandoned the run.

Even down 28-0, he should have kept running the ball. The Eagles couldn't stop the Jets running game. But, instead of exploiting that advantage, he abandoned it.

I wasn't surprised that he did so, he has no clue how to run an offense.

20. Roger Vick

Roger Vick Banned

Schotty abandoned the run.