Week 12: (7-3) Carolina Panthers at (4-6) New York Jets Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by The Dark Knight, Nov 22, 2017.

1. FanSinceBIGShea

FanSinceBIGShea Active Member

Disagree, he shoved Newton, if you're going to call a RTP then please make it justified instead of turning the game on a push.

2. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

That's what I thought the philosophy was of holding on to TO till after the 2 minute warning, it gives the offense a chance to execute a play in bounds and not waste 15 seconds waiting for ball to be picked up by ref and placed on new LOS and team setting up.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  3. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

It was deliberate. Pennell had time to either stop or slide past him, but deliberately went right into him. It was stupid.

NY Jets68 and Jetmart15 like this.
  4. JJBagoose

JJBagoose Active Member

Sure we get our share of crappy calls but to say the league is rigged is ridiculous.

Royal Tee likes this.
  5. FanSinceBIGShea

FanSinceBIGShea Active Member

Good for him, QB's need to be pushed sometimes. Wasn't a rough in my book, not even close.

6. Chrisiue

Chrisiue Well-Known Member

Some people think Penelope should be cut, it’s debatable, it was a penalty , problem as to why this crap keeps happening take a look at Skrine for 3straight games non stop penalties, getting beat on plays and he was never called out or benched, message sent, keep screwing up no problem with the guy wearing the brainless headphones.

7. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Well, I understand according to the "old school" rules, it wasn't but that rule book was thrown away long ago when they decided that "The ground can't cause a fumble", and when you could deliberately throw the ball into the ground and it's no longer a fumble or intentional grounding.

8. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

These threads are just embarrassing.

Bellows1, joe, PickSix and 4 others like this.
  9. NotSatoshiNakamoto

15 years ago it wasn't a consideration. The league has gone to shit. But both teams play by the same rules and this dipshit should know better.

10. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Turning the game ?

We had just fucking handed them two TD's, that was the game turning moment, the push was childish and cost us a chance of making a late push, but then again seeing them not throw the bomb on the last throw of the game the push cost us fuck all anyway.

11. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Strong thread.

Seriosuly.

Mogriffjr, NY Jets68, RPOZ51 and 3 others like this.
  12. Maybe “rigged” is too strong a word but Bias or “favoritism” seems well suited.

You think New England gets a flag there?Come to think of it when’s the last time the Patriots had any questionable/controversial call go against them? I asked a patriot poster that very question after our most recent hosejob against them & he couldn’t name one instance over 15 years time!One would think in that window of Time,In a league of parity it wouldn’t be so hard to recall such an instance.Even just one.

I get the Patriots are 1/32 but if it exists for them which it CLEARLY does the whole system is contaminated. I’m sure there are other teams they “favor” & conversely other teams that get no breaks like our Jets or even the Lions.And that’s the whole point.The system is broken & tainted

13. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

title was a bit vague but the op really clarified the point
    7/10 would read again

matt robinson 17 and JetBlue like this.
  14. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

I know man, I was 100% sure the Jets were going to come back and win that game right before that call.

FJF likes this.
  15. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

maybe the nflis taking the long game and setting us up for the future qb in this draft.

16. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

This team is poorly coached. Period. It shows up on plays like that EVERY week. And btw ... HTF do you give back half the distance for 12 men on the field after a 5 minute stoppage for the McClendon injury???!!!
    You have got to be fucking kidding me. What exactly were we doing there??

Bowles is a horrendous game day coach.

johnny, Ralebird, hwismer and 3 others like this.
  17. NY Jets68

NY Jets68 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

My first car 1975. 1964 Checker.

westiedog1 and Peebag like this.
  18. chris5533

chris5533 Well-Known Member

It was a clear penalty. The Jets are a complete undisciplined team. This falls back on Bowles. Hebis terrible and needs to go, we need a real coach.

matt robinson 17 likes this.
  19. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

Anybody that does not understand and KNOW that in today's NFL that is as clear a penalty as you are going to get needs to just stop watching football.

He jumped and landed into Cam well after he released the ball, but the nail in the coffin was the moment he extended his arms out and pushed him, when there is not a chance in hell he did not know the ball was long gone.

The notion that it is rigged is laughable as Cam Newton would argue he gets those calls less than just about any other QB,

20. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

Funny thing is the Pats fans think the league is biased in our favor because they were punished for cheating. Its funny because I never see how we get "helped" by the league and if you look at how we have done vs how the Pats have done in the past 10 years its almost laughable they would ever make that claim.