Week 10: Jets vs Bills TNF Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by DoubleDecker87, Nov 8, 2015.

1. BuffaloBills06

BuffaloBills06 Active Member

Cant wait to see Sammy go for 100+ against Revis

2. Jay Bizniss

Jay Bizniss Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. BuffaloBills06

Bills were way more talented then Jets last season on both sides of the ball.

4. BuffaloBills06

Out of all the ones to use .......you use Drake? lmao

5. Jay Bizniss

Jay Bizniss Well-Known Member

Why are you here?

6. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Do you smoke crack?

7. STARoSCREAM

STARoSCREAM Well-Known Member

I think that we have to come out throwing quick passes. Bubble screens to Marshall and let him use his size advantage, decker in the slot where hes been successful all season so far. Loosen up that D and get the D-line guessing. If we are too conservative AGAIN, we're done.

Can't let their d-line have too many known passing situations or they'll eat us up. Our interior line is beat up and D'Brick has not played well thus far.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  8. BuffaloBills06

I think an interesting thing to look at when evaluating the Jets is .........the way they have been winning......is it sustainable? The reason why I ask that is all 5 of your wins 2 or more turnovers were forced. But when you look at the 3 losses only 1 turnover was forced combined.

Browns - 5 turnovers
    Colts - 5 turnovers
    Dolphins - 2 turnovers
    Redskins - 2 turnovers
    Jags - 4 turnovers

Losses:
    Eagles - 1 turnover
    Patriots - 0 turnovers
    Raiders - 0 turnovers

A huge key to victory for the Bills is not to turn the ball over.......seems as if the Jets rely on turnovers which isn't always sustainable. I'm sure you guys will go on a cursing binge and call me all sorts of names.......but here's something else that very telling.......with all those turnovers you forced you guys never really destroyed a team. You guys have a point diff of +66 after forcing 18 turnovers..........it should be a lot higher then that.

#188 BuffaloBills06, Nov 10, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2015
  9. STARoSCREAM

While you may be right, we play more of a ball control offense. trying to eat up the clock and run the ball (which hasnt worked as of late). A passing team would have a greater point differential than a run-first team.

That said, Bowles and Gailey get too conservative at times, ESPECIALLY after a turnover. like the 3 run plays before the half against the jags.

A turnover is an extra possession. In my opinion, thats when you take your big shots. An extra possession you werent planning on, make them pay for it.

BuffaloBills06 likes this.
  10. deerow84

deerow84 Well-Known Member

Well I don't think 2 turnovers is a huge amount of turnovers. Obviously 4+ is not sustainable but a pair of picks or a pick and fumble recovery isn't some insane number. So I would disagree with your entire premise that we rely on forcing a large number of turnovers to win.

That being said: I agree with your points that we haven't destroyed teams that we had a lot of turnovers against and that we should have a higher point differential with all those turnovers or, at least a better team would have those results.

11. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

I am a firm believer in taking a shot down the field directly after a turnover or when you are in a 2nd and 1 or 2.

NYJetsO12 and Jay Bizniss like this.
  12. STARoSCREAM

exactly, while we may not be the most aggressive team around, take a shot deep after a turnover. Worst case, they pick it off, in which case its like a punt anyway.

13. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Turnover differential is generally the biggest indicator of winners and losers in the NFL. It may not be sustainable, but it's a proven way of winning so I hope we can keep it up.

TwoHeadedMonster likes this.
  14. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

i like our chances of keeping it up looking at the QBs we face

i look at that list and what pops out is wins vs bad/struggling qbs, not the turnovers

15. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

Unbelievable, this asshat is spending a press conference 2 days before a game talking about next week's game. Same old Rex looking past an opponent towards the Patriots. Glad we got them the week before New England.

16. Big Cat

You know it Calvin. Get out there and do something about it.

(Calvin Pryor is one of the most candid football players on Twitter. Doesn't mince words. Great follow.)

17. Big Cat

Haha, this is unbelievable. Calvin Pryror tweeted about Rex's press conference and a Bills reporter saw it and asked Rex about it, and Rex responds "he's right, what am I supposed to do, stand up here? He's just mad Clemson put it on Louisville again." Calvin Pryor tweets "Ha."

The first live trash talk in NFL history.

Cman68, dawinner127 and PabloJa like this.
  18. Jetsfansince95

Jetsfansince95 Well-Known Member

Wonder who we cut to make room for a PK and Dee we're about 2 hours away

19. jerseyjay14

love the rex backdoor steroid allegations.

20. jerseyjay14

We witnessed it for 4 years. it doest matter what rex says. it doesnt matter if he runs his mouth. it doesnt matter if he talks trash.

his teams will come out ready to go through a wall for him, his teams will believe they can beat anyone, and his teams will be sloppy and overly agressive.

but it wont change the outcome. we have seen rex talk trash then go into indy and beat peyton manning in the playoffs and then go to new england and beat tom brady in the playoffs. so lets pretend like rex talks trash every week and then his teams are joke 0-16 teams losing to smart coaches who keep their mouthes shut.

this game will come down to who runs it better, who turns it over less. and who can hit the 1 or 2 big plays that will decide it. not what rex says, and not what bowles chooses not to say

Footballgod214 likes this.