Week 1 Studs and Duds NYJ vs Buff

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by GasedAndConfused, Sep 12, 2023.

1. RevisIsland18

RevisIsland18 Well-Known Member

then add JD also as both have final say in the players they put out

ouchy likes this.
  2. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

Dud

The referee that whistled forward progress costing us a fumble recovery.

Savatage, NY Jets68 and dawinner127 like this.
  3. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

The play that bugged me was the one right after the 2:00 minute warning in the 4th.

2nd & 13 at the Bills 20 yard line... Hackett dials up a Dalvin Cook run up the middle for one yard.
    That was the spot to take a shot into the end zone... or at least a play that would give a 3rd & short.
    Or maybe run the ball with Breece... who was far better than Cook all night.

I realize Zach was under center... but he'd already picked up some 1st downs on 3rd & long with his arm.

NCJetsfan, LAJet, Savatage and 2 others like this.
  4. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

On what planet is Saleh a dud after last night? That man is the right man for the job, no questions asked. You can pick apart single plays just like you can with any coach but if you want to call a coach a dud, it's the coach that had every bit of momentum possible while coaching a Super Bowl contending team and still losing.

5. Lon Chaney

Lon Chaney Well-Known Member

Yes. LOL.

He's a first round pick. 10 snaps or not, he should flash when he's on the field.

6. Lon Chaney

Lon Chaney Well-Known Member

I had zero problems with the play calling here.

Gotta make the Bills burn those timeouts.

7. BroadwayAaron

I have 0 issues with the playcall but I do wish it was Hall out there. But he also had a plan for Hall and maybe running up the middle when the entire defense knows you're running up the middle isn't the best time to break that plan. And no, the D knowing the play isn't a reason to let Zach throw. The very last thing that should have happened was a Zach throw.

8. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

I didn't say he was a dud. I said I considered it.

9. BroadwayAaron

That still implies he was closer to bad than good when the opposite couldn't be more true. Dude is a bona fide leader and the players have bought in 100%. He and Douglas turned this culture around and a lot of that is because of the type of player Saleh wants on his roster. For better and sometimes worse.

10. mezzavo

mezzavo Well-Known Member

You got that right! If they let ZW throw right there and it's picked...NO ONE gets out of that stadium alive! lol.

11. cval

cval Well-Known Member

They were not going to throw. They wanted Buffalo yo use all of their timeouts

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  12. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

not every 1st rounder flashes right away. kincaid was a 1st rounder with more snaps and didn't do anything yesterday for buffalo. JJ didn't really flash much his rookie year for us but looked great yesterday. allen is a hard QB to sack too. WMD got a couple of pressures. he did no worse then huff who everyone overrates here

James Hasty likes this.
  13. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Hackett is just like his old man. The Jets should've ended the game on that drive and better playcalling would've done it

Acad23 likes this.
  14. GasedAndConfused

obviously diggs is a beast and gonna get his no matter what. i'm not worried about sauce. it was a bad game by his standards. he'll bounce back. he looked gassed at times out there.
    cook i wasn't sold on. I made it pretty clear. he's good still but not elite like he was 2 years ago and has been declining the past 2 years. Breece is on another level. this should calm down on the people saying cook is better lol cook is an average RB at this point. breece is elite. honestly might be the 2nd best RB in the NFL behind CMC right now

Pepsiguy5 and James Hasty like this.
  15. GasedAndConfused

it was an awful call by the announcer and a weird thing to focus on instead of focusing on the celebration. wasn't tripping either at all, surrat threw his body into the player, the player stopped and jumped back to avoid it then tried to hurdle him and fell over his legs. he was out of the play from the body shield alone

16. GasedAndConfused

the one that bugged me was the play before. the clock was stopping no matter what for the 2min warning, it was 1st and 10. 2:07 on the clock when he had to snap it. wilson was 1v1 the entire drive top of the screen. that was the time to take a shot at the end zone. it's 1v1 with wilson on an average CB who he already beasted over. throw the back shoulder fade high so it's either a TD or incomplete. instead we run it, lose 3 yards, and only run 7 seconds off the clock. a TD there changes the whole game and likely doesn't go to OT

ColoradoContrails and Acad23 like this.
  17. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Good point... but if we pick up a 1st down there the game is basically over.

There's an old saying that states "fortune favors the bold"...

NCJetsfan and Lon Chaney like this.
  18. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I was interested in this matchup and went back to watch those catches. On a couple of them, it didn't look like Diggs was running a route, it looked like the WR drill in Madden with the receiver just running around trying to get open. You can't defend that with a guy like Diggs if they have 4 seconds. He had a lot less time for that stuff in the 2nd half. That DL rotation is no joke.

Dierking likes this.
  19. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

Everytime there was a controversial play ESPN showed the refs huddling for like 30 second instead of showing a replay of the play. Then here's an add, and another add, and ESPN sucks.

cval likes this.
  20. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

Sauce looked pretty clueless on the bomb to Davis, which basically lead to their TD.