Week # 1 Dolphins

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by sec314, Aug 29, 2008.

1. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

i am very worried about this game.....when you have a house cleaning like the fish have had the first game back is usually a good one for the team. they are excited - fans and players - and will put on a good show.

OTOH - the jets have had some chanegs as well - but these changes may take a few weeks to fit together so its not a good mix against the fish regardless of the 1-15 record last year. thats history.

IMO - the jets need to win convincingly to give everyone some confidence going into the NE game next week.

if they squeak buy and show the same non-sense as they did last year (poor run defense, inability to run the ball) the darksiders will be chirping next week.

if the jets lose the fallout around here will be severe

jil

2. PutJerrichoIn

PutJerrichoIn Member

I think you may be right on that BB, I must've gotten the quotes mixed up on that one, sorry about that/

3. Coach K

Coach K New Member

quote all you want. the ONLY and i repeat ONLY way the Jets lose is if we somehow are -2 in the turnover battle and/or the phins dominate us in the run game.

plain and simple.

and if im wrong im wrong. whatever. still see the jets having a more successful year than the phins. regardless of week 1. so have fun .

4. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

Of course not, I'm a Jet fan. I said if it happens it will be crazy here, and it will.

5. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

I would definitely break something in my house if that happened. The mere thought of it makes my blood start to boil. I wouldn't want to see this site for a few days either.

#145 WhiteShoeWillis, Sep 2, 2008
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2008
  6. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

If i knew anything about the rivalry??? hell that would make me feel more confident. Season tic holder for 28 years.. I have seen all the Dolphin away games .We beat you twice last year and we sucked. You can't compare what we are trying to do and what Bill is trying to do. Come on, you know he just tour things down and is starting fresh where our team is going for it. Does that mean we will... no, but the talent level is not even close. I am trying to be nice but your posts are becoming silly. Dude, take a step back, forget how you looked in pre-season, look at your roster. Its like a USFL roster

#146 sec314, Sep 2, 2008
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2008
  7. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

Whats with this talk about the Fins dominating the run game, when the Jets have Jenkins, Harris and Pace to improve the run game.

Miami was ranked 32nd against the run last year. I think the Jets have a better chance running on Miami than Miami running on the Jets.

Jason Ferguson can't do it all by himself.

8. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

I generally don't come here after we lose. I may be scarce again during the season, it depends on how it goes, I guess. Last year the site was just dragging me down and I enjoyed the games more by not reading all the negativity.

9. feelthepain

feelthepain New Member

Well everyones entitled to their opinion, have you even considered how you will explain a loss to such a pathetic team...if your Jets lose to the Dolphins? I mean you're leaving no one a choice but to pound you into the ground with I told you so's beacuse you obvious lack of respect. I think you're the one who needs to take a step back, no team in the league is as good as you think the Jets are, and we haven't played a game yet.

"28 YEARS"? Youd think you would have learned a thing or two about sure things in the NFL.

10. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Did you happen to see Pennington play last season?

11. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I saw what Chad could do before 2 throwing shoulder surgeries and I saw what Chad could do after 2 throwing shoulder surgeries. He comes out of the gate (in preseason and through maybe 4 games) looking like he has it again, and then he stinks up the joint and the team struggles to hide his deficiencies. I stuck up for him for a long time with blind loyalty, much like you are doing right this moment, until I just couldn't take the same nonsense every single year anymore. You don't strike me as being a stupid person, so you will probably get wise to things by maybe next season or the season after that.

12. WhiteShoeWillis

Don't mind the Lphins fans, they are still basking in the Glory of their pummeling of the Chiefs in preseason. Half their rookies are already locks for the pro-bowl.

13. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

I have no respect for your team. I can't be any clearer. You are one of the worst teams in the NFL. That does not guarentee a victory for me because its the NFL. Is that clear??? And I never said how good I think the Jets are.

14. feelthepain

feelthepain New Member

That's nice, I respect your team. Therefore if we lose, I won't be nearly as disappointed as you will if your team loses.

15. feelthepain

feelthepain New Member

So because us Dolphin fans think we have a chance to win a regular season game in our house, it means we think our rookies are all pro bowlers? Gotta love the silliness of that statement. I'm sure all the Pat fans were just giggling at the thought of their perfect season ending with a SB trophy held high....ooooppps!

The Pathetic, no talent, lucky to be a wildcard Gaint team beat them in one the most lop sided point spread SB's in history. Yeah, the favored more talented teams, ALWAYS WIN.

16. puddnhead

puddnhead New Member

Let's just cut the crap a second and be honest ... losing the conference championship game in OT would have been a nice problem for either of these teams to have last year.

17. WhiteShoeWillis

You put so many words in my mouth right there I need to go wash it out with soap.

18. Brown42000

Brown42000 New Member

Dallas plays in a hot place as it is so them going to Miami wouldn't effect their play and Miami had Cam Cameron as the head coach so that also helped.

In the Pitt game they played at Pittsburgh and Daunte Culpepper cost Miami the Buffalo game and that season.

The weather forecast right now is 91 degree weather with a possible thunderstorm.

19. WhiteShoeWillis

What will the excuse be if you lose Sunday?

20. Brown42000

Brown42000 New Member

I think you guys are underestimating Miami's run blocking. They have the potential to be one of the best in the NFL when it comes to run blocking and Ronnie Brown was running teams over with close to 10 guys in the box last season with that poor offensive line. I'd be very surprised if Miami struggles to run the ball come Sunday.