Week # 1 Dolphins

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by sec314, Aug 29, 2008.

1. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

I agree. This game will be about the Jet Defense, we wont need Favre this day

2. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

Lphins are the champions of preseason!!!!1!!1!!!!!

I heard you guys won the draft too!

3. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

OMG, you guys are out of your minds with this pre-season shit. You make it sound like the 2008 pre-season was last years regular season. You know NOTHING about your team because they have yet to play a game. These are rookies and hold the fort guys. Parcells just wanted to START to put things in place but this is not even close to a decent team. I never realized how ridiculous Dullfin fans were. I just hated the players

4. Hallowed

Hallowed New Member

I love it when Jets fans are clueless about other teams, as in this case.

I also love it that they keep thinking they will be facing the 2007 dolphins (when half of the team was on IR)

Nevermind that we got a whole new D-line and players that can stop the run.. Nevermind that we had the 2nd best run defense in preseason with averaging only 2.4 yards against per rush against good O-lines in Jacksonville and others.. Of course those numbers were taken when starters were in for both teams and not 2nd half numbers when subs are in.

But don't let logic, like a whole new MUCH improved D-line get in the way of your thinking you will be facing the 2007 dolphins.. Oh, and by the way, the starters for the Jets gave up a whopping 6 yards per rush in the first half of your preseason games.. You sucked last year at stopping the run, and you suck this year at stopping the run.. You also suck at running the ball.. A broken down Thomas Jones running behind that softie D-Brick and that softie Moore (including Woody who was below average last year in the run game?) ..

Save everyone's time here pal.. The Jets are toast in week one.. Miami is a lot better at running and stopping the run.. Add in the heat factor that Miami is used to, and it won't be pretty for you..

Nevermind the fact that Favre is a measly 70 QB rating when he doesn't have a run game in his career.. And nevermind the fact that Pasqualoni and Bowles were in Dallas last year when they gave Favre a horrible day.. And nevermind the fact that Dan Henning is one of the best co-ordinators offensively in football.. Being the co-ordinator for those Redskins super bowl teams.. And being the co-ordinator when taking Carolina from a 1-15 team to a Super bowl berth within 2 years.. Not to mention he was your co-ordinator under Parcells when you went from a 1-15 team to a 12-4 team in just 2 years under Parcells...

Dan Henning is going to easily put in a stellar game plan, along with Pennington as he knows every weakness of every defensive player on your roster... You're done......... ;)

Sticking a fork in you sorry jets fans as we speak.... I am going to laugh hard when your $140 million signings absolutely smack you right back in the face.. What a waste of cash.. And good job in cash-strapping yourselves.. And putting yourselves in future cap misery with those signings that will do absolutely nothing for you..

#204 Hallowed, Sep 3, 2008
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2008
  5. feelthepain

feelthepain New Member

Might I remind you that the Giants started 8 rookies last year! I'm not saying we will have the same success, but having rookies isn't a bad thing if they can play. I don't hold much stock in the pre seaon, however I would rather be 3-1 then 0-4 in the pre season. I think Winning for Miami is an important process, especially after last year.

6. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Feelthepain is a good fan. Hallowed is an A-hole.

7. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Why would we bother to 'book it' when you probably will never post here under this username after Sunday? Fans as dumb as you make me glad the Dolphins signed Chad PennINTon.

8. feelthepain

feelthepain New Member

There are a few Bill fans that would disagree with you, but I think I have a whole lot less respect for the Bills then the Jets. Don't get me wrong I hate both teams, but I respect what the Jets can be this year. The Bills? Nothin but smoke and mirrors. The Bill fans actually think they have the 2nd best team in the division. They think being 30th overall on offense, 31st overall on defense with back to back to back losing seasons, a HC with a losing record, finishing the 07 season with the lowest scoring offense in the league and not being a playoff team for nearly 10 years, should all be ignored cause they finished in 2nd place in the diuvision last year.

Regardless of the fact that they have just 2 wins in the last 32 games against a team with a winning record. It's truly amazing the way those fans demand respect for a team that's been pretty awful for almost a decade now.

9. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

Masturbating to preseason stats may cause blindness.

Hallowed be thy gay.

10. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

well thats it guys. I guess we are done. If only the Jets knew every weakness that Pennington had.:rofl::rofl::rofl:

11. man2man_cover

man2man_cover New Member

LMAO..:rofl:

Hallowed just bought a pair of shades from Stevie Wonder's garage sale.

Nonetheless, Hallowed does have a point. The 'Fins aren't going to be the push-overs they were last year. If we can stop Ricky Dimebags and shred their secondary, I think that we have a good chance to take this game.

So let's hope that Ricky takes one-too-many bong hits the night before....quick, hide the potato chips!

12. thejetsaddict

thejetsaddict New Member

<========

<========

<========

nuf said.....

13. PennyRoyal10

PennyRoyal10 Well-Known Member

Not sure if you live in S. FL or not, but your last comment leads me to believe that you don't. Well, this is a snapshot of almost their entire fanbase! I've lived down here since '78 and aside from hurricane season, fin fans are absolutely the worst part of living here. I used to hate the team as much as the fans, but that was when they were a decent team. For the better part of the last 5 years their on-field product has been an absolute disgrace. But the fan mentality has remained the same. Still living off Danny's glory days and the perfect season. Of which, most of them can't even say they witnessed it...

14. feelthepain

feelthepain New Member

I just love how we are supposed to forget about our past as if it never happened. Don't you think most fans live off the past? I think this is more of a jealusoy thing for fans who don't have that past then it's a problem for those that do and cling to it. It's not like Miami had one short run and we are living off that single moment in time. There's a lot of good history with the Dolphins. I'm 100% sure there will be more.

15. JetFanInMD

JetFanInMD New Member

That is hilarious.

16. abyzmul

That's the only thing that keeps most fans going.

17. abyzmul

That was your most intelligent post in this entire thread.

18. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

19. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

Game 1 of the season won't say much about either team and a win doesn't mean we are good and a loss doesn't mean we suck. I think we have the ingredients of a very good team. I have no clue what the Dolphins are this year. I suspect they, like us will be better than they were a year ago maybe much better if Ricky plays well and Chad doesn't suck.

The Giants lost their first two games last year and let up 80 points doing it. Game one was against a division opponent game two against a confrence opponent. Didn't seem to mean much.

Point is I think we will beat the Dolphins and I'm not going to freak if we don't. It's football shit happens, fumbles, INT's, drops, kick returns, all kinds of shit that aren't necessarily indicative of what your team is.

Based on talent, I'm very comfortable with our team vs the Dolphins.

20. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

But will it be in Florida or LA?