We will have a decent to great chance of landing Mcfadden... Question is will we bite

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by GangGreen04, Nov 5, 2007.

1. gtchad

gtchad New Member

I love calvin johnson but he is by far a bigger playmaker and probably would have been drafted ahead of him

2. The Predator

The Predator Active Member

If it ends up being Miami (taking a QB) then St. Louis (not taking a RB) then us, I would be willing to bet that St. Louis is going to receive some VERY SERIOUS offers for that #2 spot.

3. LockDown24

LockDown24 Active Member

McFadden is one of those rare players who will make an instant impact a la Peterson, we have to take him if he is there.

4. BamaDoc

BamaDoc Active Member

I live in SEC land and McFadden is the best I have seen since Bo Jackson. He doesn't have quite that top end speed though by no means is he less than very fast. He has more power than Bo. A combo of Bo and Hershel Walker. No way I pass.

5. Antoni

Antoni Well-Known Member

Not to mention one of the nastiest stiff arms ever and great hands. Oh, he can pass too.

ADP might be a better pure runner but D-Mac can do it all.

6. Sean_in_titletown

I like to check in from time to time to guage Kurt's venom scale. Kurt, how great would it be if the Jets run off 3 or 4 in a row and the 49ers continue to suck and the Pats land a top 3 pick. Maybe Mangini can trade up to Belichick and NE? HAHAHAHA! 9-0!

7. Antoni

Antoni Well-Known Member

Oh ya and one more thing, ADPs physical running style is going to get him in trouble sooner or later. I mean seriously whats the over/under on how many games till he breaks something. You can't look for contact(like he does) on every damn play and expect to last that long in this league. Only a matter of time

8. SettlerDawg

SettlerDawg Well-Known Member

Dream scenario:
    Draft McFadden. Trade Vilma and Chad for a 2nd and a 5th. Take someone like Crable and Dre Moore with our 2 second round picks. Take an OT (Kirk Barton omg) with our 3rd rounder. Sign a good OG during free agency (we have plenty of cash to spend).

9. nico002

nico002 New Member

huh? The dolphags took beck in the second round last year.

There is no way in hell they take a qb.

I say they will look to rejuvinate their defense

10. jetbugga

jetbugga Member

hey antoni, sooners baby !

11. 28rogerblaze51

28rogerblaze51 New Member

with the OLINE we have mcfadden would be crap. we need a guard and right tackle. nose tackle.

12. The Uniform Bomber

The Uniform Bomber Spivey's Agent

i absolutely despise this argument. while you're right, we're only one FA and one pick away from having a very good OL that McFadden could run behind.

everything else can be devoted to Defense.

13. Titans

Titans Member

There's a real possibility we may not win another game this season because of how horrendous our defense has played if we lose to the Phins we could end up with the 1st or 2nd pick in this draft. And on the debate about McFadden look at it like this in the NBA the Portland Trailblazers didn't think they needed to draft Michael Jordan because they had Clyde Drexler and Jim Paxson at SG/SF how did that work out just becase we have Jones and Washington should not stop us from taking the best RB prospect I've seen in 5-10 years and also don't forget Mangini likes versatile players McFadden can run, pass, block, and catch out of the backfield or split out wide and be used on kickoffs or punt returns is that versatile enough for you stop this silly debate he is an easy pick if available.

14. The Notorious J.E.T.S

The Notorious J.E.T.S Well-Known Member

After watching some McFadden highlights, he is either the fastest man on the planet or he played against some really slow defenses. But, while he has the speed, but I didn't see many left to right cuts. All I saw is a guy run right past people...so what happens when his speed starts to fade away? Overall, I like this kid though. Our team needs a superstar...I say draft him if he's available.

15. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

If we lose out I think Miami still has a better spot then us because of opponent winning pct. There is still St Louis to contend with too.

16. fake_crs

fake_crs New Member

Screw McFadden and any other glamour skill position pic this year. We need help in the trenches on both sides of the ball and a fierce pass rusher. What is he going to run behind? When is he going to run when our defense cant get off the field? Give me a break with these RB, WR, TE pics. When we have guys upfront that don't get absolutely manhandled on every down on both sides of the ball then I will be more than happy to talk about a new RB or WR or TE.

17. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

Sign

Pat Williams DT
    Alan Faneca LG
    Mike Vrable LB
    Dre' Bly CB

Draft

Rd 1 McFadden
    Rd 2 Best RT or RG available
    Rd 3 BAP Def player

18. The Uniform Bomber

The Uniform Bomber Spivey's Agent

yes, not necessarily sign those guys, but sign starters at a couple of Need Positions.

you have to figure Bender is a starter next year; then sign a starter from FA. that's two positions filled on the OL right there. draft one more starter and the OL looks good, definitely good enough for McFadden to run behind.

the Offense can be fixed in one Offseason because it's not far away right now. the Defense is disturbingly bad and won't be fixed in one Offseason. if you have a chance to create a juggernaut Offense, you do it. we have that chance if we can get McFadden. meanwhile, gradually build the D.

19. FOURTHANDLONG

FOURTHANDLONG Active Member

At the end of the day the bottom line is this. If Mcfadden is the Next Adrian Peterson as billed there is no justification on not taking him. How many other rounds do we have to pick up linemen? People are acting like we have no more picks in the draft to fix our line. We also have Chad as trade bait to pick up another pick or two as well. Why would you not pick a game changing player like that? Have the Jets ever had a player of that caliber. We would be crazy not to draft him.

20. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

Herm Edwards, is that you?

No way do we hand Bender the starting job. He couldn't beat our Adrian Clarke this year and that can't be so hard to do.

If we are going help McFadden run us back into playoff contention, we need a big, nasty, smash-mouth guard (preferably two of them).