We should have stayed put

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by al_toon_88, Apr 25, 2009.

1. al_toon_88

al_toon_88 Well-Known Member

Do you have any proof or confirmation of this, other than your own logic and intuition?

2. NYJetsMetsCTHuskies

NYJetsMetsCTHuskies Active Member

You have to take chances to win. They stayed away from drafted a top QB prospect for a long time now and look what we have done.
    I think Sanchez will be our franchise QB and can be as good as you can imagine.
    Sanchez >>>>>>>>>>> Maclin, some guy in the 2nd round, Ratliff(our 3rd quarter preseason wonder), Coleman, Elam.
    With Sanchez we can be a excellent team or average team or not so good team.
    With others we can be a average team or worst team in NFL.

3. RedWhiteBlue&Green

RedWhiteBlue&Green Active Member

I think that, when all is said and done, Mark Sanchez will turn out to be the gem of the 2009 draft. Regardless, it was a gutsy move, an exciting move, and a great move! To h with the conservative picks. This one was one to remember.

4. Mehl-56

Mehl-56 Well-Known Member

yup... the proof is that the Jets felt the same way... They traded up from 17 to 5 and they picked him with the # 5 pick. He plays this year. Look at where Rex Ryan came from. Joe flacco comes from a D-IAA school with many of the same question marks that sanchez has. Sanchez will play behind a veteran offensive line with a strong running game and good defenese and will be allowed to develope on the field, much like Flacco was allowed to do in Baltimore...

It so obvious it's painful... if you don't see it I can't help you

5. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

edit:double post

6. Nomad

Nomad Member

The problem is the Jets have little depth anywhere on the team so losing any picks is going to effect the team.

7. al_toon_88

Sanchez >>>>>>>>>>>> Maclin ??

You talk up Sanchez like he's Peyton Manning. How is Matt Leinart working out in AZ? If Sanchez is so great, why was he holding a clipboard for John David Booty...

8. RedWhiteBlue&Green

You don't just fill holes on the team with draft picks. There will be plenty of decent free agents to cover the gaps that are not addressed in the draft.

But we do have blaring holes, like replacements for Laverneus Coles and Chris Baker. Those two positions are musts to address ASAP!

9. al_toon_88

I would actually rather see Sanchez sit on the bench this year rather than go through the rookie growing pains most guys experience. Matt Ryan and Joe Flacco were anomalies. Rookie QB's rarely lead their teams to the playoffs. It's happened 5 times in NFL history I believe.

What's obvious to me is that apparently you and other people on this board would swear on your mother's life that Sanchez is God even though he hasn't taken an f'ing NFL snap yet.

10. al_toon_88

So in other words, your answer is "no."

11. Mehl-56

LOL... like I said... if you can't see it I can't help you...

12. Mehl-56

apparently your one of those Jet fans that just wants to bitch about everything and thinks you know more than the people making the decisions... there's a reason your at home complaining and they are working today... :rofl:

13. RedWhiteBlue&Green

If Ratliff didn't look so awful these last couple of weeks, maybe you can draft Sanchez and put him on the bench. But you don't do that under Clemens who is a proven failure. And I don't think you do that, if the Jets bring in a veteran, which I believe they are going to do to back Sanchez up.

Is Chris Simms available?

14. al_toon_88

I hope Sanchez becomes a perennial All-Pro and leads us to 10 Super Bowls; I just don't understand why the pro-Sanchez contigent is so obstinate in resisting any debate over the pick. It's like you've already put him in the Hall of Fame.

15. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

Now KC is a proven failure?

16. Mehl-56

ummm... just curious, where in anything that I've posted do you get me putting him into the hall. I think it was a smart pick, and pick that filled the BIGGEST glaring hole on the roster.

Now, that being said, I also hope he works out, but am not under an delusions that he's joe Montana re-incarnate... I hope he works out, and judging by his stats this past season, very good work outs, and the fact the we traded up to get him, I have confidence that he will become our starter, sooner rather than later.

17. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Only a complete idiot didn't see the draft going this way if the Jets could pull it off and only a complete idiot still doesn't see that it's all about PSLs..of course there a lot of complete idiots here.

18. al_toon_88

I've calmed down, starting to feel a little better about the pick. Hope Sanchez works out. We'll find out soon enough hopefully.

We still need help at WR and in the secondary. If Patrick Chung is there in the 3rd, we should consider him. We also desperately need pass rushers, assuming Vergina Gholston doesn't morph into Terrell Suggs suddenly now that Rex Ryan is our HC.

I also liked Elam a lot, despite his getting no love on this board.

19. #28Martin

#28Martin Well-Known Member

Get out of here with that nonsense. Learn the game if that's how you really feel, QB is the most important position in the NFL by far.

20. RedWhiteBlue&Green

When KC had a chance to play, he owned the worst QB rating in the league. To me, that means failure.

That's why I'm thrilled about this pick. I didn't want to see the Jets depending on KC to win games for them. I'm sure they felt the same.