We need a running game that can pound out yardage...get these guys!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JetsFan, Feb 5, 2007.

1. MisterMoss

MisterMoss PRO-American

I still think that RB isn't a huge issue on this team. Best off completing the Oline and the front 7 before addressing those other "skill" positions. It's becoming more and more apparent that this is the way to built an effective core.

2. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

how many RB's do you think the Jets need, especially at the expense of players for other positions?

3. Tight

Tight Active Member

Micahel who ? never heard of him.

4. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I think I'm going to get the words 'Michael Turner' tattooed in tiny letters to the inside of my eyelids so I can feel like I'm looking at TGG even when I'm asleep. I'll put those words in between 'Ty Law' and 'Randy Moss'.

5. tanknyc

tanknyc Active Member

we need a definant Three thas how the patriots get it done we found one with leon washington now we need two more backs that get some positive yards in games... Corey Dillion Larence Maroney Kevin Faulk anyone of these guys could have a break out game.

6. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

I think 3 is too many. We already have Leon in the 3rd down/change of pace type role. Well, he fits the mold anyway. Get a guy that can bust up the middle of the line and we're set at RB. Said running back will need an O-line that will make holes for him though. That should be our top priority.

7. tanknyc

tanknyc Active Member

im talking about drafting a running back this year and then getting another running back next years draft.... you need three running backs during the course of a season injuries come back to haunt you

8. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree on this one. Most teams get by with one featured back and have a guy too come in a spell him on occasion. I just can't see justification in taking running backs in succesive drafts unless someone spectaculer slips, or we use middle too late round picks on a gamble.

And again, if the line can't push defenses off the ball, you can stick whoever you want back there and they'll have a tough go of it.

9. hoping4aSuperBowl

hoping4aSuperBowl New Member

Hello everyone, just joined the site. I like Turner, even though his ypc is too impressionable and will go down if he is a starter, he's still a young guy who some good experience already. He can always keep bulking up more and he must have had some great times learning behind the best (LT). I've heard our o-line, for the most part has been good except for the right side. I dont know the exact details but Id like to see a guy who we can mold into a starting bruiser position.

10. Trey Ko

Trey Ko New Member

I still can't get why people keeping jocking Michael Bush!! He's Nick Bell (Out of Iowa) all over again. I had watched this guy a lot and he's not that hard a runner, especially for his size.

11. tanknyc

tanknyc Active Member

im sure threw FA this year and next year plus the draft we will be solid for years to come i believe. your right on the end were we must address the lines first and foremost. not disagreeing with you just thought we might have three backs instead of 2

12. tanknyc

tanknyc Active Member

i personally dont like michael bush myself specially after the leg injury we do need a power back but we also need that speed too. like brandon jacobs he has it all in the package

13. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Wasn't there a so-so RB that retired from the Giants this year that may consider coming back for the right team?

14. jets95674137498

Great! I'd love to watch the Super Bowl of Fumbles every week!!

15. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

What about Tatum Bell? I know he has underachieved so far, but he could be someone to take a look at if he is released by Denver

16. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

How about we sign Eric Steinbach to play guard and draft a NT and a pass rushing DE and a RT with the first three picks. If you have strong lines and can run and stop the run, you win. There is no position that has more first round busts than RB. The reason why is simple - most major colleges are so physically dominant on the OL that RBs run through huge holes. Those holes don't exist in the NFL.

17. supersonic

supersonic Well-Known Member

We need blocking first, how about that.

18. slimmjim45

slimmjim45 New Member

kenny irons anyone?

19. JetsFan

JetsFan Well-Known Member

So everyone had their comments on the RB choice, but what did anyone think of getting a real FB. Askew is disappointing and we need a guy that can bowl defenders over. Cory Anderson is huge with great hands and good speed. A man at his size that can run in the 4.7-4.8 range is impressive. He has the hands of a receiver.

20. 7 to Shea

7 to Shea Member

Tony Hunt, RB, Penn State. Get him with one of our 2nd rounders. He's a pounder with good hands out of the backfield and never fumbles.

I think we're looking at either a big DT or a big WR in round 1.