We all know deep down inside..

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by 10nyjets87, Jan 21, 2011.

1. TorontoJETSfan

TorontoJETSfan New Member

Your point is taken, but the situations are drastically different. None of these teams have such a tortured past (40 years at least ) then the JETS. I admire the Steelers (was my Father's team) but it ends there.

Fuck the Steelers, Fuck the Packers, Fuck the Bears.

It's all about the JETS.

2. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

Don't worry, the Jets have a great record in road games I attend and I am going too. :grin:

3. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

I'm not predicting anything.

With that said, I've always believed that our road to the Super Bowl would have to go through New England.

That prerequisite has been met... so I'm excited about the possibilities!

4. fenwyr

fenwyr Active Member

I was sick for a while after that loss, but to be honest the Patriots would have curb stomped us in the AFCCG if we had won.

5. Saiyan316

Saiyan316 New Member

young jet fan here.. i've been a jet fan since the 96 season.... the 1-15 season..
    i havent suffered as long as many of you here but i have loved this god dam team since 96... wayne chrebet made me a fan.
    i feel this is it.. this is the year we do it... i feel it in my gut.. and i am hoping its with the chicago bears... hate jay cutler.

6. MexicanJet

MexicanJet Well-Known Member

This is true, and while I agree, the thing that gets me pumped is that the 3 other teams (Bears, Pack, and Steelers) have all had their time, and teams that have won super bowls, and have had run after run in the playoffs for a bunch of decades in-between all 3.

We (JETS fans) get, and have been through a lot of grief, and to me, I want this shit forever, I want us to constantly make runs in the playoffs, these past 2 years have been the best 2 I can say I've been through. I want to believe in the "It's our year" hype, I do, and even though I've been disappointed almost year after year, this would probably hurt more. I don't want to be like the Bills (no offense to the select few posters who are bills fans) who made in the playoffs, but never won a super bowl... I don't know the next time we will be back to this spot, last year was awesome, and this year has been too.

Now I have no beef with the Steelers, never have, never will, and I respect the hell out of them. This game on Sunday is making me nervous already. It hit me this morning.

7. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

Are you a Dragonball fan?

8. MexicanJet

MexicanJet Well-Known Member

I was 14 at the time of that game, and just turned 14. I don't think I have ever cried that much after a Jets game before. As a little guy, I thought that was the year. I will never forgive that fuck for that game, never.

9. srqman1

srqman1 Tired of BS

This is our year. I know a lot of people say it, but I'm really feeling it this time around. The Jets have it all. They have the talent, coaching, mojo, attitude, everything working for them right now.

10. sackexchange

sackexchange Well-Known Member

On the one hand, I feel like Red Sox fans after they defeated the hated Yankees and were getting set to play the Cardinals in the WS. I feel like the Jets finally slayed the beast and they're a team of destiny this year.

But on the other hand, I keep coming back to the thought that I just can't imagine the Jets winning (or even appearing in) the Super Bowl. It's something that I have never ever seen in my 40+ years on this earth. Until it's real, it's all just fantasy.

11. sackexchange

sackexchange Well-Known Member

I would have cried but I'm older than you. By that time, I was just numb from all the failures of years past. I felt pretty much the same way after Denver in '99. The '82 Mud Bowl crushed me however and I'm almost positive I must have cried like a baby after that loss. I would have been about the same age as you were for the Doug Brien game.

12. Johnny English

Johnny English Well-Known Member

I'm honestly shitting myself about this game. Last week by this point I was just plain fucking angry because I loathe those cunts so much, but this week I'm a lot more nervous than I was. That being said, In Rex We Trust.

13. SteelCurtain96

SteelCurtain96 Active Member

Just because it's been 40 years since you last won a title doesn't make it "Your year"

The Cubs haven't won in over what, 100 years? They've had plenty of regular season success.

I'm not saying the Jets won't/can't win this Sunday, but I'm reading some of your fans claiming that the Jets want this more than the Steelers. That the Steelers are "content" to sit on the laurels of the two other titles this group has won.

I'll bet the Patriots fans thought it was destiny to go 19-0 before that Super Bowl.

At least the Jets have WON a title. Seattle probably thought Super Bowl 40 was their year. Arizona probably thought Super Bowl 43 was their year. Those are teams with a history of nothing but losing. No championships...Nothing.

14. The Jutty

The Jutty Banned

I just think it's our year because we are playing good football and in my opinion we are better than the Steelers. I also think they we are better than the Packers and Bears even tho we lost to them in the regular season.

15. thegizzard

thegizzard New Member

Maybe it's just me. But I don't think the steelers are that good. They always seem to pull it out in the end tho.

I think the Jets will win easily.

16. BigJenks

BigJenks Active Member

Rapelisberger's karma won't allow the Steelers to win this year.

17. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

There is nothing to fear but fear itself. Lets Roll !

18. cathyjets

cathyjets New Member

What wins championships is team chemistry, something even the best of teams at times don't have. The JETS have that especially this year and it's that team chemistry that provides the will to win. GO JETS this Sunday!!!!!!!!!

19. KingLeonidas

KingLeonidas New Member

20. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

The reason this year is our year, is because we are the best team remaining in the tournament (obviously my opinion). We have the secondary to contain elite QB's as shown by the last two weeks. We are the 6th best Rush D in the NFL, we have a top notch receiving core, a top 5 rushing attack and the best overall ST unit left in the dance. We have the coaching to get it done. We have the vets who are desperate to win their rings. We have the young talent, we have quality depth at almost every place we might need it. The only question mark is a young QB.

Who has proven himself to not make the big mistake in the playoffs. He is 4-1 on the road in the postseason. He is one win away from setting an all-time NFL record. Sanchez may have played his best postseason game just last week. He has already played in Pitt and walked away a winner, he didnt make a big mistake against pitt, and thats a confidence booster. Yes he did it without Troy Polamalu, but that doesn't stop Sanchez from gaining confidence from that performance.

To top it all off, we are coming off the most emotional win in that nearly everyone on the roster has ever had. Even Holmes said it was more emotional a victory than SB XXXIII. The Jets just jumped the emotional hurdle, the pats have been beating up on the jets since lewis killed bledsoe. Doing so has given the jets all the confidence in the world. If they can beat the Patriots, they can beat anybody and they are ready to unleash hell.

That is why this year is our year.