Wayne Hunter Post Game Quote

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by TurkJetFan, Aug 18, 2012.

1. Nick

Nick Member

Wayne Hunter should quit and find a job working as a turnstile in an impoverished third world country, at least he would finally find something he's good at and be appreciated for it.

2. NYDeadEye

NYDeadEye Member

Can we sign a traffic cone as RT? I think that might be more effective. and obviously at the league minimum!

3. spinjani

spinjani Member

Don't sell WFH short. A turnstile in a 3rd world country might be old and rusty and get stuck mid-turn, not letting anyone pass. WFH is a turnstile in a brand new 1st world nation, well greased, that not only lets everyone through, but has the bar behind you impulse you forward.

4. AarontheJet

AarontheJet Active Member

I don't give a fuck what anyone says, Tannenbaum is a damned moron for giving that idiot more money and not looking for an upgrade for that position. Sanchez can't even fucking throw the ball now.

Also, Stephen Hill sucks dick. Kid can only get open against second stringers, wtf

5. NYDeadEye

NYDeadEye Member

Sarcasm?

I didn't really get a chance to see if he was open or not, I was too preoccupied watching JPP demolish Sanchez.

6. Barcs

Barcs Banned

Hunter was directly responsible for 2 sacks and the failed 4th and 1 run. I know they're against one of the best D lines in the league, but JPP was owning Hunter all game. It was blatantly obvious that was our biggest weakness, even though our top receivers were out as well. The line was decent at run blocking, but pass protection always seems to baffle Hunter. Sanchez looked pretty good, high completion percentage. There was just that pick, which really wasn't that bad of a pick, it was good defensive play. It wasn't like Eli's int to nobody. Shonn Greene had a nice game as well, not bad at all going against a top D line. He was showing his power and moving piles. The run game was looking pretty nice up until that 4 and 1 mistake. That was reminiscent of the Pittsburgh goal line blunder from 2010.

I hope that Stephen Hill comment is a joke. This is only his second NFL game he's ever played in! Too bad Tebow under threw that end zone pass, because he was wide open. Don't blame Hill. With Holmes and Schillens both hurt, he's been thrown to the wolves.

Hunter's gotta go, though. He's looked horrible.

#86 Barcs, Aug 19, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2012
  7. IWillPeeGreen

IWillPeeGreen Member

I feel like this is telling of our pass rushers in practice if they made the Jets confident in Hunter. It also looks like theres some horrible footwork and technique in there. Jets have been really poor at evaluating offensive talent lately

8. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

How much worse could a physically unable to perform Jeff Otah be? I mean really. Haha.

9. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

Unfortunately its not just WFH. I think Moore has lost a step or 2 and his diminished athleticism is helping to expose WFH even more. But none of that totally excuses the lackluster performance of this dreadful offense.

10. NYJFan10

NYJFan10 Well-Known Member

Or the draft, that was their real chance to address it and they did nothing till the sixth round.

11. papapump

papapump Well-Known Member

It was a miserable performance by Hunter. Come to think of it, isn't this what we went through last year?

I know Mckenzie is still out there, but there must be others too. Help!

12. since83

since83 Member

Gave up four I think. One called back

13. Will-I-Am-Not

Will-I-Am-Not Well-Known Member

I blame Tannenbaum for the Wayne Hunter mess. A lot of times these GMs wont admit that they made a mistake, by signing someone to a contract that they didn't deserve. So in order to avoid embarrassment, they keep the guy on the roster, and give him more chances than he merits to keep his job.

14. milo

milo Well-Known Member

Some of the highlights from the Twitterverse last night:

"Nice to see Wayne Hunter in 2011 form."

"Wayne Hunter couldn't even jump in front of a bus to commit suicide because the bus would just go around him!!!!"

Bob Reeves ‏@BReeves780
    #asktheJets When will they give Wayne Hunter an orange jersey to match the traffic cone that he resembles in the field?

15. Flyboy

Flyboy Active Member

Yup. The biggest problem they had with this team was left unchecked. Tannebaum needs to get his head examined if he thinks Hunter will work out in the end.

#95 Flyboy, Aug 19, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2012
  16. AirStrike

AirStrike Member

Lol, he hasn't gotten better and they haven't replaced him yet. So why should he worry?

17. NY Jets68

NY Jets68 Well-Known Member

After last nights performance, Hunter should be so embarrassed that if he had any integrity at all he'd quit and refuse to be paid.

18. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

I didn't see much of the game, but Wayne Hunter was showing up a lot and not for a good reason.

Tanny should be on the phone, but not really sure what he can get. Roster cuts should be soon right? Bring some guys in for competition.

19. milo

milo Well-Known Member

Hunter just needs to watch the film to see what he can do differently.

If I were him I'd start here:

[YOUTUBE]hcO4MMzdYE8[/YOUTUBE]

20. Timmyrex

Timmyrex New Member

Surely there is a free agent out there who can perform better than Wayne the "bounty Hunter" helper/