Was a big Bowles Fan

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Benny the Jet, Nov 12, 2015.

1. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Ouch. You really know how to hang yourself.

2. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

The Jets had 4 turnovers. Fitz INT, Ivory Fumble and Smith fumble for TD. That is 12 points. The Jets lost by 5. Yet Bowles is a bad coach? Ridiculous.

3. pdxdrew

pdxdrew Well-Known Member

Yeah. Don't think you can ask for Bowles head, yet. It takes a while to become acclimated to the job. But man, we keep striking out when it comes to OC's. Gailey sucks donkey balls. Cam see Bowles replacing him in the off season.

dogg likes this.
  4. BZanZ

BZanZ Active Member

Sad thing is that winners on winning teams would never say that. No one on New England, Denver, Seattle (maybe lynch), Green Bay, would ever say that. I'd say it's a New York thing but I couldn't even see anyone on the Giants saying that, beckham is a diva but he at least gets visibly upset when they lose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. wGENOvFANu

wGENOvFANu Active Member

The point is, had he kicked the FG earlier in the game, you're only down by 2 and will take the lead by kicking another FG.

Even then, with the way the defense was getting stops, kick the FG, plan for your D to get a stop then you only need to get into FG range to win the game.

Play the percentages. It will be much easier to get a FG at the end of the game with little time left than a TD.

6. DRC™

DRC™ Active Member

There was one drop and that would have been for less than 10 yards since Revis was right behind him. Unless you want to count that first deep ball where he initially was beat, but recovered and was right on Watkins as he was attempting to catch the ball

And maybe they didn't go after him because he was actually doing a good job covering? Revis might not be what he was at his peak in 09-10, but he still a damn good corner. I gladly take him over what was the Jets last year

7. ChrebetCrunch

ChrebetCrunch Well-Known Member

Yeah, you weren't going to win this one. Revis is still Revis and he did everything but throw, run and kick the ball.

8. zace

zace Well-Known Member

Keep telling yourself that and go watch film this season, hes a step slower and has been beaten a lot more than you think. None of us want to see it, but it is happening. We need to accept it. Like i said nobody is saying he sucks, but he definitely didn't make the big play he was paid to make.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

9. ChrebetCrunch

ChrebetCrunch Well-Known Member

I'm glad that we agree that Revis is still Revis.

10. zace

zace Well-Known Member

Doesnt change the fact that young revis doesnt give that play up and hes not worth what we're paying him.

11. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

We should have have signed young Revis! Fuck you Mac!

DRC™, James Hasty and zace like this.
  12. zace

zace Well-Known Member

Can we go back in time and bring him forward

13. legler82

We couldn't afford young Revis.

zace likes this.
  14. Jetsruby

Jetsruby Well-Known Member

I liked Bowles and I still do. But some things are just mind boggling to me. His game management is not great.

His decisions to go for it in certain areas, not hurry up when down points, run the ball when down, challenge certain plays...

I'm hoping it's all just rookie-head coach mistakes. We'll find out.

15. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Sparano? Is that you?????????????

16. legler82

So why do you like him again?

17. King Koopa

King Koopa Well-Known Member

I actually like his decisions to go for it on 4th in both spots....It's the play calls on 4th that have most of us pissed off

The lack of urgency when down big (time wise and lack of any hurry up or no huddle) keeps showing up though......Best example of this was when we let the clock wind down with atleast 20 seconds left from the 3rd to the 4th quarter. Many times in the 2nd half the play clock was going down to 1

Same thing in the Eagles and Raiders games as well......WTF

18. Jetsruby

Jetsruby Well-Known Member

His discipline and understanding of football, not management. Him and Macc put together a talented team in the offseasons and have a true understanding of which pieces need to be put in place in order to be competitive. For years in Rex's era, it was riddled with penalties, non-sense, a complete lack of understanding on which talent to bring in, etc...

Bowles is a real smart guy, he just doesn't yet have the experience at head coaching to make the right in-game calls. Some of his 4th down attempts I would have gone for too, but I hate seeing certain things (in other games as well).

There is absolutely no urgency when this team is down. When you're down 19 points in a game, you run up to that huddle in the 3rd Quarter and save minutes instead of taking your time. Maybe it was him or Chan, but running the ball down after down is inexcusable. The 3rd and 4th down screens were killing this team.

Bowles doesn't yet know when or when not to challenge plays. He has a horrendous challenge record on the season. He doesn't understand the weakness and strengths yet of some players. Demario Davis and Quinton Coples should never be put in coverage. Cromartie, despite being burned many times, remains the starter (even though he couldn't play this game due to injury). They showed a trust in Jeff Cumberland in the pre-season that made me scoff. They refused to use Kerley for the longest time.

However, I love Bowles' half time adjustments on defense. He understands football, and he has a coaches' attitude, but he is completely lost when in-game.

The good news is he's a rookie and he can get better.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  19. thankyourevis

thankyourevis Active Member

We did not lose the game cause of revis you are spot on about this.. But to all you fools that think he is the same player you havent been watching the games. He wasnt the same player last year when he was on the pats.. And he is getting worse. I love the guy but his days as a top corner are coming to an end. And we are the fucking assholes who paid him 39 mil guaranteed to watch him decline

20. socaljetfan

socaljetfan Active Member

A declining Revis is still worth 39 mil. He doesn't shut down every receiver anymore...can't always keep up with some of these speedy young guys. True. But he's still among the most valuable players at the CB position. He makes plays and prevents plays. A Revis in decline is a fucking awesome cornerback and we see how Charles Woodson has been able to keep playing at a late age by being that smart and talented of a player. Champ Bailey was still good at 34. While Revis isn't shutting down receivers like he used to, he's making way smarter and savvier plays on the ball. He's been great at turnovers for us, and that's something we've been complaining about wrt our defense since before Revis even got traded.