Warning to all TGG posters (Sandy aftermath & Boston Tragedy)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by WW85, Oct 30, 2012.

1. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

We gave him multiple chances, he never got it.

2. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

My family is all okay but I cannot go home due to flooding. I am stuck with my parents in the next town over. Many, many trees fell onto houses in each town.

3. deerow84

deerow84 Well-Known Member

I live near Toronto, Ontario and it was windy as hell out here, a lady even died from a sign ripping off and hitting her, so I can't imagine how bad it is out on the coast. I haven't really looked at photos yet because I heard there were a lot of photoshopped ones and stuff. I do have a friend in NYC though, seems like he still has power as he's updating Facebook pretty regularly to let people know that he's okay.

Hope everyone's friends and family are safe, loss of property is terrible but you can replace things, not people.

Also, I totally agree with banning people for not taking this seriously, we don't need that kind of crap around here.

4. Bellows1

Bellows1 Well-Known Member

Updates? How is everyone making out?

5. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

We were lucky enough to get the 56-year-old oak tree off my house and roof completely repaired on Thursday (I think - to be honest it's very difficult to keep track of days at this point). Still no power, and no expectations of it coming back for days.

6. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

I'm so sorry to hear this. Not having power at this time of year is horrible. Hope things get better for you fast.

7. Bellows1

Bellows1 Well-Known Member

I'm glad you at least have the house buttoned up before any more weather blows in. The power will take time, nothing to do but wait it out.

8. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

i hope everyone out there without power has a warm place or some form of heat and a down comforter this evening as it is going to be bitter fucking cold. its one thing not to have power, its another thing for it to be 25 degrees.

i did it last year for 8 days and it was tough. i ended up using a contractors heater you put on the top of a propane tank and running it for 15 minute intervals. i remember waking up and it being in the mid 40s in the house.

my prayers for all of those still affected.

9. RuJFan

RuJFan Well-Known Member

It's been pretty nasty. Shed fell over, drain pipe was torn off together with half of the siding. My place is still without power. Luckily I got a fireplace so we are burning from 5 to 11. The kids are falling asleep in the warm house then 2 feather-filled blankets help a lot. Adults... What can I tell you... Vodka helps a lot. The good thing is gas stations are starting to open up.
    The truth is that comparing to costal places I really didn't get hit that hard. No power is a bitch, but comparing to two of my co-workers who were rescued by boat through their living room window, I really have little to complain about. We are alive, save, with intact roof... Count your blessings.

10. #1 Jets Fan

#1 Jets Fan Guest

I understand this thread and agree with it but shouldn't this also apply to people that makes fun of others that had something bad happen in there life? Just asking?

11. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

When I lived in FL after a hurricane we had no power for 6 days. We also saw the long gasoline lines like I have seen in the pix fron NY/NJ during that period of time

12. GRNYT

GRNYT Member

in lindenhurst...i am far enough from water that only lost power and came on sunday...but 4-5 blocks down by the water are bad, looks like an abandoned
    city, lot of damage, dock is badly damaged-be a while till back to normal

13. Barcs

Barcs Banned

So can we start up jokes about this yet? Has sufficient time and other tragedies over shadowed this yet?

So a hurricane sandy victim walks into a bar.... jk

14. Chutzpah

Chutzpah Active Member

every day still, a Red Cross relief truck honks through here in Midland Beach.

my place is finally repaired and i am ready to take the jokes, but i can't speak for others who are still rebuilding

15. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

Yep making progress now, 3 months out. walls rocked, electric done, spackle dudes come in tomorrow.

its downhill from here.

hopefully the same with the bank.

16. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

i tell ya - thru these natural disasters u are able to quickly identify which humans are for real and which are phonies.

especially those related to u.

17. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

Another Warning:

Some members at TGG think it's a joke to make fun of the Boston Marathon incident.

A few have been banned, please show discretion.

Thanks!!