vlad 'the turnstyle' ducasse

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by nyJETS0511, Aug 15, 2011.

1. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Vlad Ducasse, Human?

2. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

He obviously has some raw talent but he shuldn't be anywhere near a game that Sanchez is in at this point.

3. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Vlad Ducasse is to the NFL what srqman1 is to the internet. And by that I mean he has an unearthly amount of work to do to avoid being a total embarrassment.

4. NYMagpies

NYMagpies New Member

This is fine, but it just sucks we had to waste a 2nd on him when he would have been there in the 5th.

5. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

The, "turn style" hahahahah

6. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

He's been bumped around between three positions on the oline since he was drafted after playing a fourth in college. Your notion that he isn't a baller is difficult to believe when I'm watching him hurt people in the running game.

He's a strong run blocker with a nasty streak as Mick said. Give him Hunter's spot as one of the big TEs and let him learn on the field and he will improve. Hunter looked awful at pass pro when he came here under Mangini. He improved as he got on the field.

7. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

This is just wrong. Most teams had a second round grade on him.

8. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

He's a natural right tackle. They had him play the left side last year. He had no off season to learn. They put him at RG since Moore was out to start training camp when he's a RT. They put him at RT one week ago. That's how long the guy has been working the position. Blame the Jets, not him. He's gonna be a stud.

9. Mr3rdDown80

Mr3rdDown80 Member

he looks MISERABLE at pass blocking... keep him away from the 1st string offense for now! we need moore in there at RG...

Pass Blocking for Dummies would be a great book for him to pick up

10. nixhead

nixhead Banned

The Turnstyle looked great in practice last year - against Vernon Gholston!

11. NYMagpies

NYMagpies New Member

Then they were wrong! I hope I eat my words and that by the end of the year we see improvement. He's a great story but we could have done with a more immediate impact player with that pick.

12. kbgreen

kbgreen Well-Known Member

I'll give you raw talent, but the guy is going to get someone killed with his lack of ability to use his raw talent! I say cut him and let some other team spend the 3 years and concussed QB's it is going to take for this guy to get it together

13. LoyalJetsFan

LoyalJetsFan New Member

He's not worth a 2nd rd pick.

He looked awful out there on pass protection.

14. LoyalJetsFan

LoyalJetsFan New Member

Drafting a guy in the 2nd rd should be a contributor, not for depth. Not sure what kind of raw talent I'm looking for here...other than the fact he's one ugly motherfucker.

15. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

I start out by acknowledging two things, one is that some degree of patience is a virtue in assessing players, up to a point. The question is where is that point? The second thing is that you don't want to overdraw on an analogy, and analogies to Gholston are problematic at this point.

But these two points also tie together in a sobering way, which is that posters here and analysts in general, including within the Jet FO, obviously had not given up on Gholston for some time after the doubts about him kept going up.

So, at what point in the somewhat different case of Ducasse is it fair to say putting together the doubts and comparing them to the odds, lengthening every game, that he will or will not end up being a success, come down on the side of saying he's a bust?

Not yet, perhaps. But I agree with those who point out that Ducasse had all last year to be coached by some very good coaches. The he's rusty due to the off season ignores that the players he played against last night were also rusty. He looked more like a rookie and a second day pick at that to me out there last night.

So, it may be too early to say conclusively that he's a bust. But I will say I am about at the point where I think it less likely than that he will become a success in the league. And that is not a good thing to say about Tanny and the effectiveness of the first day picks last year.

16. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

2 things:

1) Ducasse looked horrible, but because of the lockout, I didn't expect much from him early on. He's clearly a project that's still a work in progress. Let's hope Callahan can bring this kid up to speed in a shorter period of time.

2) To the illiterate tard who started this thread, it's spelled turnstile

17. I still wonder if, with his low football IQ but his size and physical gifts, he might be best moved to DL if he doesn't improve drastically at OL.

18. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho Trolls

Haha this was a pretty hilarious post.. you are assuming he ties his own cleats and doesn't have someone do it for him you know..

19. It would be. But I also think that his good run blocking could translate to both occupying offensive linemen and in bull rushing if he were moved to the other side of the ball.

His lack of football IQ would not be as big a deal. His weaknesses - scheme, pass blocking, reads - would not be a factor, but his strengths would be. This might be the move to consider if he does not get a lot better at OL.

20. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

Lots of guys from small schools yes but your being dishonest if you just say that and move on. There are not a lot of guys who come from another country, begin to learn football years after their peers, go to a small school and the make it to the NFL.

The moment he Was drafted we were told he was a project. Being a project means he needs as much time as he can get with coaches. He lost out on the time of year where there is plenty of time for individual skill development. I beleive you have a history of jumping the gun on telling us all someone won't make it in the NFL right? Sometimes you'll will get gholston who just never learns but more often than not you are gonna get McKnight who steadily improves until you don't even realize he made your eary impression of him seem foolish.

We also shouldn't forget this hate is coming from a handful of terrible, terrible plays. He fucked up big time but now we have people acting like he might not even know what a football looks like. Ducasse has a higher football IQ than a decent amount of this thread. (not directed at you Gus)

#120 ukilledkenny, Aug 16, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2011