Vlad Ducasse

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jetdic, Nov 18, 2012.

1. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Just looking at the player with no NYJ sunglasses on if U also did that & had the ability to assess players properly then voila U & I would be on the same page :sad:

2. Barcs

Barcs Banned

It's funny at the beginning of last year I was higher on Slauson than Ducasse, but now my perspective has shifted. He has improved his run blocking, but I agree he needs to pass protect better before he can be a consistent starter. I wasn't exactly happy with Moore this year, but I think Ducasse can handle it. I guess we'll see. Either way we still need to draft an OG and OT most likely.

3. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

How the hell did Vlad Ducasse get his own thread in the first place

4. joe

joe Well-Known Member

How? OP ^^^^^

#104 joe, Jan 16, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2013
  5. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

If you are implying you now think he is better than Slauson, then why did the Jets still play Slauson more than VD?

Moore is near certain to be gone, but as I said yesterday Slauson is also a free agent, and I doubt he's back, either. We may well see VD start, but not because he's good. It would be because they have too many other holes to fill.

6. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

I remember the OL coach being pissed because he HAD to put Vlad instead of Slauson in for 25% of the plays. He said he thought Slauson was way better.

Honestly, I wouldn't mind keeping Slauson around, but he'd have to switch over to RG. Don't like him at LG, too suspect in pass pro and can't pull for shit.

7. Barcs

Barcs Banned

I think he is better than Slauson in the run game, but Slauson is better in protection, so it's a catch 22. I do think we should bring Slauson back for depth since he can play guard, tackle and center. He could be a good utility guy for depth and I doubt his value is that high. Sometimes he looks lost in the run game, though. There were a few sequences I can remember off the top of my head where he blocked his man too late or missed his assignment badly resulting in a TFL or no gain. And it definitely wasn't Greene's fault.

8. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

If U think MS is frighten now if Vlad becomes the starter as U mentioned he just might decide to give up the QB gig altogether JMHO :sad: