Vlad Ducasse

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jetdic, Nov 18, 2012.

1. BTC

BTC New Member

Vlad has improved dramatically to say the least. Especially in pass protection. He'll continue to get better. I said this in another thread too...he CAN NOT play tackle....ever! But as a guard another year or two and he will be one of the foundation stones of the O line for a long time.

2. Barcs

Barcs Banned

I'd like to see Ducasse start for Moore or Slauson from here on out. It seems like he's getting better while Slauson and Moore are getting worse. We're still going to have to draft another guard and tackle this off season, but at least we know we don't have to worry about Moore leaving and the line turning to shit again. By the end of this year, Ducasse will be primed and ready to start, plus we won't have to break the bank on him. Win win!

#22 Barcs, Nov 19, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2012
  3. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

The line has been bad this season. Vald may be an answer at guard, but I still want more investement along the line in this offseason,.

4. Barcs

Barcs Banned

They seem around average to me. Some games they play great and some they play bad. I agree we should focus on the line next year, but my point was that the transition from Moore to Vlad, shouldn't nearly be as bad as how Woody to Hunter or Faneca to Slauson went. At least they are better this year than they were last year. Howard is better than Hunter by a good margin, but he's still learning. I'd still draft a tackle to be safe and a guard to compete with Slauson if he even gets resigned.

5. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

Anyone else notice Austin Howard getting destroyed out there,Long killed him on a bunch of plays

6. mr nyjet

mr nyjet Well-Known Member

given that we are going to cut 3/4 of the starting lbs after the year for cap reasons, the draft will focus on olb and wr and safeties . given the luck we have with extensions and guaranteed contracts, i'd feel much better if we get a real gm first.

7. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

Disagree with WR. Maybe a late round flyer. We invested high on Hill and Kerley looks real good. Depending on how the Keller talks go is whether we go TE or not

8. mr nyjet

mr nyjet Well-Known Member

if they get a new gm, maybe the bpa at our pick is a wr.

better to get a good player who produces than reach and get another goulston. besides, if we don't trade away picks, we will have more chances to fill positions even in later rounds.

9. allan1

allan1 Active Member

Maybe some credit should go to Sporano for coaching him up. After all, O-Line is supposed to be his specialty

10. Darth Vader

Darth Vader Member

Vlad's been popping off the screen. The right side of the line is the trouble spot especially in pass pro. Brick has had a pretty mediocre year as well.

I think they invest heavily on OL and RB and LB next year. Also, perhaps an all purpose TE.

The DL is going to keep getting better, and the back end should be stable. They need to bring back Landry and perhaps even Bell on the cheap.

We should not be drafting secondary at all.

If we can control the line of scrimmage and continue to improve our dynamism at RB and LB, the team will be much better served.

Suffice to say, I doubt they draft QB this year.

11. soh_vet

soh_vet Well-Known Member

Is it me or does Keller look smaller? Either way, the last thing the Jets need to draft in the first 5rds is a TE.

12. BronxJet

BronxJet Banned

I'm glad some have moved on from the image we got during HardKnocks.

Vlad was a 2-3 year project and looked good in his 3rd year and ready to start in his 4th.

13. CurbYourEnthusiasm

CurbYourEnthusiasm Well-Known Member

He might have to. I believe Moore and Slauson are both free agents.

14. jdon

jdon Well-Known Member

plus we will hear all the stuff Slauson has to say once he is gone. he has already proved to be a bit of a talker.

15. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Vlad still needs to get better in pass pro - he's doing better but needs to improve more. His run blocking is pretty good.

16. Realistic Jets Fan

should be starting next season probably replacing Moore who looked like he was on his last legs for much of the season ---

17. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

D'Brick, (an improved) Ducasse, Mangold, FA/Draft pick, Howard?

It seems like a decent line so long as they can get one more decent guy to put in there on the right side. This will be the first test that our GM will face IMO.

18. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

Depending on how the draft goes, I could see Ducasse moving to the right side.

19. Yeah..he fits better on the right side where he can just be a bulldozer for the running game. He doesn't have to worry about pulling or protecting the blindside like at LG

20. laxin

laxin Active Member

Warmack on the left side and Vlad on the right...