Vick is miles better than Sanchez and Geno,not even close

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by champmv7, Mar 23, 2014.

1. TonyMaC

TonyMaC Well-Known Member

I really don't get why people don't understand whats going here, Vick seems to get it, I think Geno does too.

Mike Vick is plan B, to Smiths plan A. The Jets WANT Smith to pan out, but have a man capable of winning NOW (or the next best they can get) in case he doesn't.

If they were so unconfident in Smith that they didn't think he could ever progress they would had named Vick starter now, but they aren't sure. thats really it, they actually aren't sure and they have hopes for Smith but won't bank on them. theres questions about Smith, thats clear, but the narrative that he's done is only coming from people who've assured themselves of that from the very beginning anyhow.

I think Smiths progression will yield his future with the Jets, on its own merits, if its anything tangible he'll be viewed as the future in a much stronger way regardless of how Vick plays.

WILL that happen? I don't know, I doubt he'll not improve in some ways at least but we shouldn't act as if things will play out exactly as our preconceived notions say they will either way.

The 1985er likes this.
  2. mgjetman22

mgjetman22 Active Member

I think it's reasonable. I have never seen a QB that bad as long as I have been watching football. But on Geno's behalf, he was no where close to NFL ready and was thrown right to the wolves.

3. Frenbar

Frenbar Well-Known Member

It's virtually impossible to compare 34 year old Michael Vick with first year rookie Geno Smith (with his terrible supporting offensive cast). What is important, in my opinion, is Vick's fragility. Say what you want about Geno, he took a beating last year and suffered no serious injury. If we can make any judgement about Vick given his history(aside from his love of dogs) it's that he has trouble staying healthy. There should be no doubt that if Vick takes half the number of hard hits that Geno took last year that he will not last. That's why I don't like the move to Vick.

4. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

In that case, I'll just step back and let you continue to argue with yourself.

5. mgjetman22

mgjetman22 Active Member

I have no time to argue on a message board ( not something I do ) was just replying to your comment. As for Geno, I would be more than happy to eat my words if he turns out to be anything more than a bench warmer.

6. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

Geno should change his number,This orginization has bad history with num 07 at qb.Kenny O'brien,Boomer Essisiaon,Geno Smith,Chuck Clements,Kevin O Connel,Tom Tupa,Frank Reich,Ben Graham,Sherman Lewis and Eddie Bell.It may be a blessing in disguise that Vick isn't wearing num 7 on the Jets

7. Ajitator

Ajitator Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

LOL @ This, For so many reasons.

NoodleArm and deerow84 like this.
  8. BleednGreen

BleednGreen Member

hes always injured

ALWAYS

9. JetDan

JetDan Well-Known Member

Vick is better then Geno, but Geno has alot of room to improve. Vick has peaked as a player. I would love for Vick to be the starter week 1, the man just can't stay healthy and I can't see that changing. I hope i am wrong

10. Mr. Green Pants

He played in 10-13 games in three of four seasons with Philly. He's hardly an iron man, but I wouldn't say a guy who plays in most of his team's games is ALWAYS hurt.

11. Charlie Kelly

Charlie Kelly Well-Known Member

Because he played in those games doesn't mean he wasn't injured. I'm not saying he is always hurt but he sure does play injured a lot

12. Mr. Green Pants

I don't think it's a given that Vick starts. Something seemed to click for Geno in the last few weeks of the season. If we see something close to the locked in player who was on the field in the final game against Miami, we will have a legitimate competition in the pre-season.

#112 Mr. Green Pants, Mar 25, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2014
  13. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Ken O'Brien should not be on that list. He was a good QB. Underrated.

The 1985er likes this.
  14. LongIslandBlitz

Never saw him play I was to young at time,just going off what I hear.I wasn't even born yet when we drafted him

15. NotSatoshiNakamoto

When you consider Dan Marino was on the board, yea, he should be.

16. 101GangGreen101

I understand that - but c'mon Boomer Esiason was awful with the Jets why should NYJetsRevis24 put them in the same sentence? O'Brien had some great games.

17. LongIslandBlitz

Arguably the biggest mistake in Jets history

18. NotSatoshiNakamoto

I thought you were referring to the draft blunder video I saw posted. I don't see posts from that poster unless I'm using Tapatalk.

my mistake

19. 101GangGreen101

Sapp was bigger.

At the end of the day Marino didn't win a SB.

20. JetsKickAss

JetsKickAss Well-Known Member

It's amazing......the Bengals are debating what to do with Dalton. They love what he does in the regular season, but are dismayed at his playoff performances.

Does that ring a bell, as in The Opposite, of anybody you know ??