Vick is miles better than Sanchez and Geno,not even close

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by champmv7, Mar 23, 2014.

1. Bellows1

Bellows1 Well-Known Member

If that is your position, than he serves as no threat to Geno as our starting QB or in his development.

From reading most posts these last few days, the only QB controversy we have is... We have two good options to start. Which puts us way ahead of where we have been the last few years.

2. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Well, let's call up old Doc Brown and see if he can move Vick without touching anyone else...unless he can do something with Randy Moss, too.

chris5533 likes this.
  3. champmv7

champmv7 Member

yeah but Foles is miles better than Geno LMAO. He was the only other qb to throw 7tds in a game besides Manning last year Do you think its possible for Geno to do this?

Jets69 likes this.
  4. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

Yes Foles is better than Geno, you won't see me trying to argue that point. However who's to say that Geno can't be significantly improved and actually beat out Vick?

5. b.reyes16

b.reyes16 Well-Known Member

How can you say it's an "overstatement maybe." It's either an overstatement or not. There's no middle ground.

6. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

this. you have to feel that the qb situation going into this year is better than what we were looking at last year. i, feel like we are going to get average qb play this year, which is a huge upgrade

7. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

I honestly think Vick has regressed over the last two years,He got beat out by Nick Foles who was a nobody at the time.He fumbles way to much and we all know he can't stay healthy ,if it hasn't happend in 10 years why would it happen now?I really don't think Vick will see the field baring an absolute Meltdown by Geno

8. 74

74 Well-Known Member

Geno is a terrible NFL QB right now. He needs drastic improvement in his fundamentals to even be serviceable. Vick has concerning flaws but he is a legit NFL talent, he's going to smoke Geno in any true QB competition. The fact that Foles eventually won the job in Philly is a testament to Foles' great to elite level potential (albeit only getting a sustained chance to show itself due to Vick's inability to stay on he field); This time last year I was championing to widespread disapproval the crazy idea that the Jets should push a trade for Nick Foles because after analyzing his rookie play and college metrics a breakout season seemed on the horizon. Now that ship has sailed so believe me when I say we should all be concerned about finding the future solution at QB because it isn't on the current roster.

#48 74, Mar 23, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2014
  9. MenOverGod

MenOverGod Well-Known Member

Nick Foles isn't elite. Wtf

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

you think what we saw out of Geno last season, that Vick couldn't beat him out? Come on

11. ILL-AL

ILL-AL Active Member

If it's close, I agree. Let's see what we have in Geno. If Vickk is the clear winner we roll with him. Let's be honest even if Vick wins, at some point in the season when he goes down Geno will get his chance (just like foles did)

12. NotSatoshiNakamoto

It's certainly too soon to call him elite but he played at an elite level last year.

13. Truth4U2

Truth4U2 Well-Known Member

If Vick is in fact "miles better" than Geno or Sanchez, it likely won't matter for us, since he can't stay healthy. Except of course that he can still mentor Geno while on crutches. I think that's the real reason Vick was brought here, to be a good role model for Geno and guide him as he continues to develop.

14. SackExchange69

SackExchange69 Well-Known Member

In the 36 games Vick started for the Eagles he fumbled the ball 36 times, threw 33 INT's and averaged about 58% and took 100 sacks. But hey this guy is fast. This team is so fucked at the QB position it's comical.

I wouldn't say he's miles better than Geno, more like a city block better, maybe.

15. cval

cval Well-Known Member

You do not bring in a QB like Vick to sit on the bench. For all of those people crying about Idzik and for all those people crying about we are rebuilding this signing says otherwise. This signing says we want to win now this year and unless Geno has improved dramatically Vick will start.

I never liked Vick as a QB in fact I have a big bias against run first QBs. I liked the second version of Vick much better than the first as he has learned to throw from the pocket. It takes time to learn MM systems but Vick already knows it. The biggest problem for Vick is the same problem Sanchez and Geno have they turn the ball over and that is one thing that kills a Rex Ryan built team. One thing is certain it will be exciting and we now have a legit proven NFL QB. We most likely now draft another QB for the future.

16. RubenDias

RubenDias Well-Known Member

Mike Vick in his prime is 10 times better then Geno and Mark will ever be but again he isnt in his prime

17. NotSatoshiNakamoto

He also had more than 70 TDs and over 10,000 combined yards from scrimmage but why would you mention that? Only 14 of those fumbles were lost btw.

18. mgjetman22

mgjetman22 Active Member

I'm with you on this one. a washed up Vick is way better than Geno. 1 TD and 14 int's in a six game span is horrible, any one one this message board could throw 14 int's and thats not even the CARLESS fumbles. The only reason Geno looked good at the end of the season was because when his one read was covered, he was told to run like Forrest Gump. This guy does not know how to read a defence and the competition between him and Vick should not even be close.

19. SackExchange69

SackExchange69 Well-Known Member

70 TD's and 47 turnovers. Yay we got Vick.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

20. NotSatoshiNakamoto

I suppose it's better than 18TD's and 25 turnovers for Geno or 80 TD's and 89 turnovers for Sanchez.