Very Interesting Take on Tebow from Denver Fan Forum

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by Big Blocker, Apr 4, 2012.

1. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

"Least knowledgeable."

Heh.

2. Big Blocker

Your selective use of stats undercuts your cred. We are not idiots here, although some are not very knowledgeable.

I assume you did not follow Denver before Tebow began starting last year.

3. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

These are anti Tebow comments that are worse than the Tebot comments .

What exactly are you basing that Bradford is better ?

Wins as starter? Obviously not
    QB rating and stats ? Obviously not since Tebow has a higher QB rating
    Are you perhaps using college? Both Heisman and Tebow outplayed Bradford in a championship game win.

So I guess you base it on the fact that Bradford throws nice tight spiraled interceptions ? Ok you mention Christian so maybe it's that ?

There is no logical reason to rate Bradford over Tebow , not wins, not stats, not intangibles .

#63 CowboysFan, Apr 5, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2012
  4. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

I have seen every Denver game ( on DVR or live) since cutler took over for plumber.

What is selective about a lot of losses in a row ( 2 years worth at least ) ?

5. Big Blocker

Again, you either don't know what was happening in Denver or you are ignoring the other things going on in order to pretend the only variable that was different was Orton for Tebow.

We know better.

6. Big Blocker

I am really getting tired of your selective use of stats.

Why focus on only a certain selection of Orton's career unless you can explain why that is relevant?

If you know so much about Denver, can you recite what OTHER problems the team had in 2010 that just MIGHT have been factors on their poor season?

If not, you have no cred. None. Sorry.

7. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

Your taking it out of context . Orton is currently Romo's back up , I'm happy about that . I don't hate Orton.

The stats ( specifically win loss record ) I am using are to show WHY the change was made to go with Tebow . It was not chants or a marketing billboard , it's because Orton (even though his stats might not reflect it ) was not having success for a VERY long stretch. If you google comments made by Denver players about the positive spark the change created for Denver you will see Orton had lost the lockeroom as a leader. In 2010 the Denver defense was garbage , yes they had other issues but Orton was not leading the team anywhere .

His bad win loss record and him losing the lockeroom are fact and not opinion. When forum members start posting that Orton was better than Tebow last year are not presenting what actually happened . Leadership is essential .

#67 CowboysFan, Apr 5, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2012
  8. Catt_County

Catt_County Banned

You are wasting your time. Tebots are not only ignorant, they are irrational.

Just because the midday sky is blue doesn't really mean it's blue in the Tebot universe if the Tebots want to claim it's pink -- and nothing you can say or cite or do will change their minds about the sky being pink. They will continue to claim it's pink because, well, because ... they want it to be pink.

9. Big Blocker

As someone who followed Denver, you must know that in 2009 Orton, their new Qb, led the Broncos to a 6-0 start, their best since their SB season in 1998. They then lost two tough games to the Ravens and Steelers, but in the next Orton was injured, and taken out for Chris Simms. Simms was awful, and Denver lost to the Skins. The following week they had to play Orton despite his injury due to Simms's ineptness. And lost again. They then bounced back and beat the Giants and Chiefs in the next two games, with Orton leading the team. Unfortunately their next game was a road game in Indy that the Colts won for their 23rd straight win. They then lost a one point game to the Raiders, and their last two as well. Still, Orton finished with a good season:

2009 Denver Broncos 16 541 336 62.1 33.8 3,802 7.0 237.6 21 3.9 12 2.2 87T 43 9 29 159 86.8

Orton's stats in 2010 were somewhat better, at

2010 Denver Broncos 13 498 293 58.8 38.3 3,653 7.3 281.0 20 4.0 9 1.8 71 52 11 34 243 87.5

But everything else went wrong for Denver. Their best defensive player, Dumveril, went out in pre-seaon, as did their top running back White who had been brought in to replace Hillis, who was also gone. The seaon also included Denver's version of Spygate, a mid season firing of their head coach,
    and the ranking as the league's worst defense. Garbage indeed.

Clearly 2010 was not Orton's fault, and oh yeah he was injured again, which is why Tebow played for him in the last three games of that season. Losing two of three starts, btw, the win being a one pointer over Texas, in one of their classic for them late season swoons. While Tebots like to say this was a comeback win engineered by Tebow, the fact is there was 3 minutes left on the clock when Denver scored, and it was the D who prevented Texas from going ahead by stopping their final drive.

Clearly Orton's stats dropped off for the Broncos last year, but there were some developments that clearly affected him. The top receiver Thomas was injured pre-season and did not return until after the first six games, (in time for Tebow). When Orton went to KC, he played in the last three games, which included two wins, one a win over Denver (heh), and the loss being in overtime to the Raiders.

And his stats were still better than Tebow's for the year:

Orton

2011 Denver Broncos 5 155 91 58.7 31.0 979 6.3 195.8 8 5.2 7 4.5 52T 11 2 9 49 75.7

Tebow

2011 Denver Broncos 14 271 126 46.5 19.4 1,729 6.4 123.5 12 4.4 6 2.2 56T 25 6 33 225 72.9

Now we have a balanced view of recent Broncos history you Tebots are incapable of providing.

You're welcome.

10. Slap

Slap New Member

Orton didn't lose the lockerroom as much as it disintegrated around McDaniels. Orton pissed me off because he acted so assured and confident in the summer when he was beating our Tebow and Quinn and then so timid when the bell rang. This wasn't helped by the Tebow chants that began almost immediately, but that's life as an NFL quarterback. The old saying is that the most popular player on any losing football team is the backup quarterback.

11. catsigater

catsigater New Member

You guys are making this way too complicated.

Here's why Orton was benched...

1. It was apparent that Orton was not the long-term answer.
    2. Neither Orton nor Quinn were under contract for the following year.
    3. Tebow was.
    4. The season was apparently going down the crapper.
    5. Denver Broncos Fans were agitating for Tebow.
    6. Fox and Elway had nothing to lose by starting Tebow.
    7. So they started Tebow.
    8. neckbeard followed Orton to the Broncos. He is and was every bit as much of an Ortonite as someone can be. So while he has a fairly good grasp of what happened, his agenda causes him to spin every statement from that perspective.

It's not that difficult.

12. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

For a fanboy.

13. catsigater

catsigater New Member

Yep, I'm an admitted fan of Tebow's. My bias is on the table. But I'm also very clear on his shortcomings.

When you can demonstrate you have the argumentative chops to challenge anything I've said on the subject, feel free to do so. Until then, no reason for me to indulge you further.

14. abyzmul

I'm still trying get get over 'Ortonite'. That's fucking hoot.

15. FakeSpike13

FakeSpike13 Banned

Yeah, I can definitely see Gator/Tebow fans flocking to NY to fill the stands.../sarcasm

If there will be any chants from the stands calling for Tebow it will be overwhelmingly from Jets fans.

16. abyzmul

What would you know about stands? Judging by the Phins games on TV, with their alternating empty stands and stands once a year filled with green and white jerseys, you've never actually been to your own team's stadium.

Stick with what you know. Prostitutes.

17. FakeSpike13

FakeSpike13 Banned

I don't see how the stands in Miami being empty would prevent me from being able to see on TV that the stands in the arm pit of America that is New Jersey are consistently filled to the brim with green and white each game.

18. abyzmul

It's the culture of being a fan at the stadium. I knew I'd have to explain this to you since you are a Phins fan. You actually have to have been to a football stadium to be able to speak condescendingly about what goes on in football stadiums. I know you haven't, which is fine since you probably buried every Phins jersey your grandmas bought you halfway through last season, as fair-weather turdphin fans tend to do, but to be able to spout about what other fans will do in a stadium... that's like a goldfish predicting the actions of a german shepherd. Someday you'll get it.

Not today, though. Today you'll just come up with a few half-assed retorts, followed by the inevitable retreat with your tail between your legs.

19. Big Blocker

Borlando. Heh.

New Jersey has its rough parts, but its nice parts, too. No need for the armpit comment when the subject was merely about stadium attendance. You have bad manners.

Ftr I have become a big fan of the Florida Atlantic coast. I also like your airport for convenience.

And Miami fans suck.

20. Big Blocker

Very interesting comments from Ben Rothlisberger about this Sanchez Tebow situation:

The Jets have talked about using Tebow in a Wildcat package for as many as 20 plays a game. Roethlisberger said he doesn’t know how they will be able to do that and not completely disrupt Sanchez’s play.

“As a quarterback, you want to get into a rhythm,” Roethlisberger said. “You don’t want to come out of the game, go back in, come back out and go back in. You want to get into a rhythm and go and play your game. That’s usually how you play your best. I don’t know what they’re going to do. I’ve heard talk about 20 plays a game. That’s a third of the plays.

“If you’re Sanchez, it’s got to be a little frustrating. He’s a team guy and he’s going to do what’s best for the team, but it’s going to be hard for him to get into any kind of rhythm.”

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/jets...ade_will_ZkEIPCofcRdEE8vSN1h8aN#ixzz1rBwQq9r6

I share Ben's concern.