Vernon Davis

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NY Vilmaniac, Mar 25, 2006.

1. Rambo13

Rambo13 New Member

If we were going to take Davis, I would not trade down even one spot. I think he has a good chance of going to GB or SF.

2. TheCoolerGlennFoley

TheCoolerGlennFoley Well-Known Member

I'm surprised it took this long for someone to first post the idea of Vernon Davis....

3. PRPitbull

PRPitbull Active Member

If we could trade down and still take him, i would. If we were forced to take him at 4(meaning we know beyond our 4th pick some other team would snatch him up), i would still do it.

Kellen Winslow Jr was taking at #6 spot and Vernon rates higher than him in practically all categories. Better combine numbers, better production in college, and in college, defenses mainly focused on him where at the U there are a number of weapons to be weary of. All Vernon lacks is the the pedigree of a HOF father, other than that, he got Kellen beat. I dont know why people discredit the TE position so much. A good TE literally fucks up defensive gameplans and opens up the field for his team mates.

4. Jtuds

Jtuds Active Member

He ran a 4.38, and he'll be a great threat for any team, but we have too many other needs right now...

5. CmartinHOF

CmartinHOF New Member

dearth doesnt even count because he sucks so bad, all he is good for is long snapping

6. FITM

FITM 2006 TGG.com Best Photoshop Artist Award Winner

Dressen will assume that spot maybe this year though.