uStadium Rumor: Saleh, Hackett and Joe Douglas to Return for 2024 Season

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Dec 23, 2023.

1. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

I find it impossible to believe that if Bill Belichick gets fired Woody isn't going to make a call. Coming off a season like this and having Aaron Rodgers at QB to lure him in.

I know that's what happened with Tom Brady a few years ago Jets showed no interest but I have to believe that Woody learned from that.

If Bill Belichick gets fired then we'll see what we'll see if Woody is as loyal to these guys as he claims to be now.

I don't believe it.

2. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Belichick: Hello?
    Woody: Bill, this is Woody
    Belichick: *click*

burf, BrowningNagle, Jets79 and 5 others like this.
  3. WarriorRB28

Haha.

Money talks. I know Belichick HATES the Jets but this would be business and at this point in his life Belichick isn't thinking about some 10 years run somewhere else.

He's OLD possibly another 2-4 years MAX I have to believe.

The Jets playoff drought stands at 13 years and counting Woody has to set aside any grudges he may have, personal feelings and do what's best for the Jets. Hand Belichick a blank check. Bring in Josh McDaniels to run the offense. Tell him Josh McDaniels can be the heir apparent to him at HC after he's done.

Woody can say whatever he wants now to me it doesn't matter. The offseason NFL landscape hasn't set yet things can and will change.

And don't votes of confidence usually work the other way around?

4. HomeoftheJets

I think Belichick would fail here. He was an all time great coach in the 2000s with a very good QB, a very good coach in the 2010s with an all time great QB, and is just an okay coach now. And McDaniels sucks, he was to Brady what Gase was to Peyton and what Hackett is to Rodgers.

5. WarriorRB28

Hey could be but isn't it worth finding out?

I disagree about what Belichick could do here. I wouldn't be surprised if the Jets were in the Super Bowl 12 months from now if they hire Belichick and he has a healthy Rodgers for all or most of the season.

To hear that Belichick could be available and the Jets are bringing back these losers is asking me to suspend my disbelief. Like in one of the crappy Marvel movies when a female character is taking on and kicking the asses of a room full of guys. Or Tony Stark is sitting on a couch and has a epiphany how to go back in time and bring people back from the dead.

I can't do it. It's straight up BULL___!

The timing couldn't be more perfect for the Jets.

6. WarriorRB28

If today's game is Bill Belichick's last game as Patriots coach I want him to be the next head coach of the New York Jets in the next few days.

This is such a no brainer for the Jets.

My mind can't comprehend how this is not being talked about AT ALL in the NY area.

HOW?

For the record I don't dislike Saleh but one of the greatest head coaches of all time some would say the greatest of all time might become available in the coming days. HOW is it possible the Jets don't go all in on him at this point in time?

7. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

Because he wouldn't come here anyway. He hates this franchise. The Jets would also have to trade for him most likely. The Pats aren't trading him to the Jets.

Woody would also see a mass exodus of fans from this franchise if he hired him. On second, thought, maybe he should hire Belichick, so I can finally give up on this miserable franchise.

8. WarriorRB28

So the rumor isn't that he's being fired by the Patriots? I thought he is getting fired not traded?

Forgive me I don't follow the league like I used to.

I don't read or listen to much coverage these days. Only listen to Mike Francesa from time to time.

9. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

ideally they would “trade” him because it gives them compensation in return. It’s not that hard to figure out what they want to do.

there’s no way in hell Belichick wants to come here though

10. WarriorRB28

I'm a Jets fan and I want Bill Belichick here IF he's available and I'm sure I wouldn't be alone.

I'm sick of never having seen my team play in a Super Bowl. I'm sick of my team not making the playoffs in 13 years. I'm sick I haven't seen my team win a division title since 2002.

I want to win.

In hindsight the Jets should have gone for Tom Brady a few years ago when they finished that season on a roll, with the same 8-8 record the Bucs finsihed with that year.

Give me Bill Belichick as head coach, with Aaron Rodgers at QB, this D.

If people want to bet against the Jets then so be it. Let's see what we'll see man.

11. HomeoftheJets

12. The_Darksider

The_Darksider Well-Known Member

That's your first problem.

Fiftynine likes this.
  13. burf

burf Well-Known Member

I started watching Saleh's post-season presser... ummm, I couldn't get past 2 minutes.
    He says nothing, ummmm, learns nothing, & ummm, generally knows nothing more than he did when he was hired.
    I've tried to like him, but he's nothing more than a PR frontman, who makes Head Coaching decisions.
    His presence at this point, makes it difficult to pay as much attention to the team, as I normally do.
    Sad, because there's some real talent on this team that will be wasted on another year of SalAR.

Now, onto the JD presser...

Since1969 likes this.
  14. Fiftynine

Fiftynine Well-Known Member

He did say that the OL coach did a good job. He’s either blind or suffered some sort of head injury or is fine blatantly lying to the fans.

15. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Go with Option 3..

Fiftynine likes this.
  16. burf

burf Well-Known Member

I don't think he's lying... it's just being his clueless self.
    He doesn't think like a HC, he reached his level of competence as a DC.
    Understanding O is someone else's job.

17. HomeoftheJets

Saleh's press conferences are annoying as fuck, but him refusing to speak negatively about people isn't what's causing the team to lose games. He's just playing the long game and auditioning for his next job, where he wants to show the rest of the league that he won't throw anyone under the bus. And he hired a good staff to start with, only to have MLF get scapegoated and replaced with Rodgers's waterboy. By all means fire Saleh as part of the housecleaning operation, but he's as much of the problem here as Bowles was.