uStadium Rumor: Saleh, Hackett and Joe Douglas to Return for 2024 Season

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Dec 23, 2023.

1. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

How about healthy Aaron Rodgers retiring at mid season?

JohnnyJet and IIMeanDeanII like this.
  2. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

I'm right there with you - I've always had a soft spot for the Lions so I may adopt them as a second team and hopefully try to transition across over time or the Jags play in the UK a lot and I've seen them in person a few times so that's an option.

JohnnyJet, REVISion and mezzavo like this.
  3. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

It makes ZERO sense to give this another go. The coaching staff is not just coaching Aaron Rodgers, but the whole team. They didn't bother to put this team in a position to be successful, which is their actual JOB. And the team that Douglas put together was exposed as being much closer to an expansion team than to being a team that was "a quarterback away from a championship".

Both these clowns made horrendous decisions leading up to and during the season that should cost them their jobs. These two aren't qualified to manage a McDonald's at the South Pole, let alone a multi-billion dollar franchise.

cval likes this.
  4. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

I believe it was: "The definition of insanity is following the Jets year after year and expecting apparent off season successes to result in on the field improvements"

5. vokab206

vokab206 Well-Known Member

The Browns are what this team should have been without Rodgers in 2023.

Unfortunately, the Browns are now what our ceiling will be next year with Rodgers.

6. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

Saleh is probably trying to work on a new slogan for next year given "Bad Gas, No Breaks" isn't working - I am sure that will tip us over the edge

The Rodgers thing is sickening - I must see 10 references to him a day and he hasn't done anything even remotely positive for this team

JohnnyJet, Wahoo, ouchy and 2 others like this.
  7. cval

cval Well-Known Member

Watching the Jets offense then watching every other teams offense how does Hacket still have a job in the NFL.

Where do we keep finding these guys?

JohnnyJet, REVISion, mezzavo and 5 others like this.
  8. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I don’t get the excessive use of the wide receiver reverse. It worked and then it didn’t. But it’s not a play that should feel like it’s a staple of the play book like this moron installed.

9. burf

burf Well-Known Member

I've haven't been a Saleh fan for a long time. I've tried to like him, but he's the HC, not the Pom-Pom lad.
    He has no answers whenever there is any adversity, & has few football instincts.
    I'm in an almost Gase-ein aspect of my many years rootin' for this team.
    When they hired Gase, that was it for me, for the 1st-time since Mike Taliaferro was QB.
    Took me 2+ years to re-engage.
    I was partially rooting for them to lose today, & felt some disappointment when they flew out in front.
    They are not going to win with Saleh, & a loss today may've helped Woody see the light.
    Not a good fan look from me. Mea Culpa.

As for JD, I'm more ambivalent one way or the other.
    He's done some good things, also lots of nothing.
    For me, it's JD's in-actions that have been his major problem, aside from the Saleh hire.
    His drafts & FA signings I can go either way.
    I thought the AR trade was ill-advised, & diverted JD's attention, from other GM responsibilities he pretty much ignored (ie: the OL, & a vet QB). I also think he relies too much on Saleh... it's no accident that the D has fewer holes than the O... for the conservative, defensive-minded HC.
    Needless to say, I'm not happy with the status quo for another season.

10. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

Looks like it is true and they are definitely staying:
    https://nypost.com/2023/12/24/sports/jets-owner-woody-johnson-im-keeping-robert-saleh-joe-douglas/

As long as Rodgers is healthy, we don't even need better receivers and OLine. JD can just sit on his ass again and just draft another D Lineman with 1st round pick:

“Just to keep the continuity going with Aaron and the team we’ve got,” Johnson said as a reason why he wants Douglas and Saleh back. “Like I said a year ago, we need a quarterback. We had a quarterback for four plays. Since then we haven’t been able to replace him. If we have a good quarterback, it makes everybody’s job easier. It makes the line better, the receivers better.”

All is forgiven, since Rodgers got hurt. Looks like Woody has completely lost it in his old age.

11. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

Well, at least we know now that next year will be a colossal waste of time.

At least Woody's letting us know now so we don't have to spend our money on the shitty product he's going to put on the field next season.

JohnnyJet and ouchy like this.
  12. NY Jets68

NY Jets68 Well-Known Member

Someone is going to make a small fortune selling paper bags outside of the stadium next year.

egbert souse, JohnnyJet and ouchy like this.
  13. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

People should update their shame technology and use canvas bags. Go green. Plus they can break out their wives hot glue gun and craft on them.

JohnnyJet likes this.
  14. burf

burf Well-Known Member

That's the Woody quote that hit me, too.
    It demonstrates just how dumb Woody is, on so many levels.
    As bad as one thinks the QB play has been, you don't broadcast to the league that you didn't have a QB playing the position this season. Ummm, btw Woody, who built the roster?
    Ahh, the guys you just rehired to do it again, next season.
    Brilliant.
    I gave up my season's tickets when Woody bought the team. Outside of a few games, I've missed nothing, saved a few bucks, & feel pride that I've never given that a-hole a penny.

Borat, NY Jets68, Wahoo and 1 other person like this.
  15. mezzavo

mezzavo Well-Known Member

I was going to go off but I simply can't. It's not that I don't have the energy, I've given up. I simply won't be bothered with expending it on this team any time soon. At the very least, I can now plan my 2024 & 2025 fall trips and events because I won't be watching this team shit up the NFL.

I feel horribly bad for any fan that doesn't make it to next year and had to endure this shit their entire lives.

Saleh, JD, Hackett and especially Woodrow Johnson can go fuck themselves and take a dive off a short pier.

16. CTJet22

CTJet22 Active Member

Sorry I was drunk when positing. Is there anything we can do to change Woodys mind?

Robert Saleh has ruined so many Sundays for me the last 3 years. I can’t take it anymore. I would give everything I had for him to resign from his position. There are high school coaches smarter than him. Hes the worst coach since Kotite and Kotite didn’t even try. Kotite was actually a good OC. Saleh is also a terrible DC and Jeff Ulbrich is also a complete moron.

17. Wahoo

Wahoo Well-Known Member

No matter what “good” he may have done, Wilson and Becton are enough for him to lose his job

JohnnyJet likes this.
  18. Kronoking

Kronoking Well-Known Member

Don't go to to games. Don't buy merch. Don't like anything on their official media pages.

But realistically the answer there is nothing. We really just have to wait for Woody to die and hope the Swiftie kid doesn't like football to the point he just has real football people running the entire show.

19. nevbeats319

nevbeats319 Well-Known Member

Please stop making threads

JetFanInNE likes this.
  20. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

This is why the Jets are doomed as a franchise to forever be in the loser column. The Owner is a dumbass when is comes to football but he depends on his "knowledge" to make strategic decisions. Oh well, not a fckn thing we can do about it as fans so, dial it back and just go with it. "Que Sera, Sera"..