Unconfirmed: John Abraham Traded to Atlanta (Schaub NOT Included)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by AMJets, Mar 17, 2006.

1. CT. Jets Fan

CT. Jets Fan New Member

Maybe the Dolphin fans are jealous.

We will make the Abraham trade and likely for more than one pick.

FYI..The Dolphins only have 3 picks in the first 6 rounds of the draft this year.

2. Drew

Drew Active Member

We would be giving up only Abe? no other picks?

3. CT. Jets Fan

CT. Jets Fan New Member

This article is written by Randy Lange

Subjective opinion here..but I think he's the best Jet writer and most objective.

No Agendas. (see Mark Cannizaro)

4. FlaJet

FlaJet Well-Known Member

Makes too much sense for Atl to do it. I hope it happens this way. Let Atl have a qb controversy next year.

5. FlaJet

FlaJet Well-Known Member

I think the fins wanted to give up half the franchise and it was rejected by the Jets. It seems 50 % of nothing is still nothing.

6. Drew

Drew Active Member

Either way, it's a good deal. Personally, I would rather get the 1st this year...

We have lots of holes to fill, and there is a great draft this year, and lots of first round talent. It would be alot better to have 2 first rounders this year, and if it plays out, and we trade up to #2, we can draft Leinart, and possibly DeAngelo Williams or LenDale White at #15. We can solve 2 of the most important holes within a matter of picks.

Although I'd like to see Vernon Davis taken with #15, Tight end really isn't a priority. I just hope we don't take D'brick with the #4 pick, but if this goes through, I see Mario Williams at 4, which I'm also not big on... I want Leinart, he's the surest QB to come out of the draft since a certain QB from Tennessee.

7. Hazardous Waters

I'd like the 1st deal to go down, but I think a young QB signing pre-draft is neccassary.

8. GeshJet

GeshJet Active Member

OK. I read this whole thread but still have no idea if there's any truth to the rumor.

9. CT. Jets Fan

CT. Jets Fan New Member

NO truth to the Atlanta rumors or the Seattle rumor.

10. GreenGreek

GreenGreek Well-Known Member

I doubt Atlanta gives up #15 and a pick. Maybe the 2nd this year and next year's 1st makes a bit more sense for them. Personally, I can see us sending a 3rd or 4th with JAbe for #15 though. Regardless it does make sense for Atlanta to pull this sort of deal off though. They view themselves as being in a win now mode. They're a couple of pieces short of being a legit contender.

On the QB front, everyone talks about Schaub, Cutler or Quinn. One guy that never gets mentioned, but can definitely be considered for next season though is Chris Simms. I believe he only signed a 1 year contract this year, so that he could be an unrestricted free agent next year. He may be expensive, but he'll also have game and playoff experience on his resume. If he's a legit possibility next season, the draft and FA should be spent putting the pieces around him instead (Ashworth, Vernon Davis, Mangold, and White(if we get #15)).

11. lightning

lightning Active Member

I'd take either trade in a heart beat

12. UncleTomNYJ

UncleTomNYJ Active Member

Let this be true!

13. DOOM

DOOM Active Member

It's funny how this rumor is getting us all hyped up . I hope some light in this confusion comes to fruition.