Unamed player to be cut by Jets. Link provided.

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Footballgod214, Apr 27, 2008.

1. Hofstra Jet

Hofstra Jet Active Member

yea, i think he is a free agent, already gone.. i hope its kozlowski, or posciak

2. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

well i assume we will just find out tomorrow regardless right? along with the UDFA's who we have signed in addition to Woodhead?

3. thegoldengod

thegoldengod Active Member

its probably someone we picked up for training camp fodder early in the offseason...and will be replacing we someone the FO thinks has a better chance as training camp fodder

4. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

Kozlowski is spelled kowalewski dear god, and he saw significant PT last year, so why would we cut him over pociask who never really saw the field? also with Gholston on the team, we no longer need kassel or Matt chatam so the more i think about it the cut is likely to either be a surprise name, or Chatam, Kassel, or Pociask

5. Big Poppa Naich

Big Poppa Naich Active Member

Pociask was hurt last year though, I don't know if they wouldn't even let him get back into TC. I would guess that Stacy Tutt is gone.

6. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Couldn't it be someone off of the taxi squad? Then somebody else just transferred to it?

7. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

It's probabaly one of these garbage guys that we don't even know are on the team. Like the 6 guys we cut the other day, 6 guys we never heard of.

8. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

No way. He may not be the greatest WR by any means, but he is as good as they get with ST coverage. Might be the best man outside of Wallace Wright with the ST unit.

9. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

It's probably like Kowalewski or Clowney or Ihebdigo or maybe one of the guys we signed to a future/reserve contract

10. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

........Why?

11. fenwyr

fenwyr Active Member

It's Baker. Coles was one thing, but the FO is going to nip this bullshit in the bud.

12. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

I disagree. I'd be shocked and disappointed if it were Baker. There was no miscommunication or lying in this case. Baker just wants more money. That's a legitimate gripe since Franks makes more, but he signed the deal, he has to live with it. If not, he can sit out for more money. What made the Kendall issue a major problem was the lack of a replacement.

13. ScotlandJet

ScotlandJet New Member

It's definitely not Baker. This guy has been consistant throughout his career and is one of Chad's go to guys.

14. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

it's probably not baker but the way it was worded certainly was meant to at least scare him a bit. robbed him of a good nights sleep.

memo to baker: next time, wait until AFTER the draft to ditch your team. duh. does anyone know baker's wonder-lick score?

memo to fans: i hate it when anyone says 'well, he signed a contract blah blah blah'.

Come on.

A contract is nothing more than a dollar amount for an expected level of contribution. if the player provides LESS, his contract means squat and he is cut (see adrian clark). if the player provide MORE, his contract SHOULD mean squat and he SHOULD get a 'better' contract (see kerry rhodes).

don't be hypochrites.

15. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

He's gone!!

16. APK 8

APK 8 Well-Known Member

Right, let's just cut one of our best special teams players.

17. tangini_disciple

tangini_disciple New Member

According to football outsiders, Baker is about the 10th or 11th TE in the NFL:

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/te.php

Certainly worth a little more than he's getting paid, but let's not make him into Kerry Rhodes category here. Rhodes was underpaid by like $4~5 million. Baker is underpaid by maybe $1 million. Huge difference. My guess is that he gets traded for a 4th rounder next year by some TE-needy team half-way through training camp.

18. fenwyr

fenwyr Active Member

Franks doesn't make more. Baker's contract averages 1.65 million a year, exactly what they gave Franks.

19. fenwyr

fenwyr Active Member

He was the 19th best TE in the NFL if you actually look at his numbers. 19th in receptions, 19th in yards, 19th in 1st down percentage, 19th in yards per game. On top of that, he's a very average blocker.

20. Pam

Pam TGG.com Friendliest Poster Fourpeat!!

According to the article I posted (Baker not happy) he's not making what Bubba is.