Tuesday August 29 Cutdown Day

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by CaptainCap, Aug 27, 2023.

1. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

#DaBears[​IMG] Have Signed DL Deslin Alexandre to the Practice Squad. #DaBears[​IMG] met with Deslin on a Top 30 Visit in the Recent Draft Process. This always seemed a possibility to happen when he cleared waivers.

[​IMG]

4:16 AM · Aug 31, 2023
    ·
    Views

This may be a player that the Jets wanted to keep on the PS as well. I can't blame him for signing with the Bears, as he possibly has a pretty good chance of joining their roster at some point, but he wouldn't have had a shot here (barring injury) of getting to our roster until next offseason. Also, the Jets may not have offered him a PS contract.

IDFjet likes this.
  2. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Last year we had more people poached than anyone and posters here credited Joe Douglas for bringing in all that talent.

This year we had only a couple poached and posters here are crediting Joe Douglas for his roster management.

--

the guy can't lose, A+'s no matter what happens lol

bigbucks24, Acad23 and HomeoftheJets like this.
  3. NCJetsfan

[​IMG]
    Field Yates
    @FieldYates

Players with restructured deals in recent days with their updated cap charges for 2023: Jets CB Bryce Hall: $1.097M (down from $2.82M)
    Giants CB Darnay Holmes: $1.216M (down from $2.94M)
    Steelers WR Gunner Olszewski: $2.026M (down from $2.618M)
    Rams OL Kevin Dotson: $2.25M (down from $2.743M)

11:18 AM · Aug 31, 2023
    ·
    Views

James Hasty likes this.
  4. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

Bryce Hall's original contract as a 5th rounder was:
    New York Jets, Bryce Hall agree to 4-year, $3.6 million rookie contract

There's a minimum cap charge of like at least 800k over each of his last 3 years--not sure how he would have been owed 2.82mm this year.

I see there's several sources reporting it happened--just can't figure out the numbers.

twown and NCJetsfan like this.
  5. NCJetsfan

6. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

I have to believe Max setback is more mental than anything. After the injury, you no longer see that strong physical demeanor. He seems more tentative, like he is thinking rather than let the instincts take over.

Borat and NCJetsfan like this.
  7. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

Yeah…not sure I get the 7 WR thing…it also strikes me as a luxury, mostly because it’s not like we have that many great receivers. I’d say we have only one great one in GW. I look at Lazard as an average starter (maybe I’m wrong there as AR clearly likes him), and then Mecole Hardman I look at as more of a #4WR than a #3WR, which is what he’ll be for us. I like Cobb as a possession type guy that AR trusts, so as a Berrios / Crowder type replacement he’s older and not as fast maybe (won’t likely see him getting any jet sweeps like we saw with Berrios), but his experience, savvy, and trust with AR makes up for that…I expect good things from Cobb when we are in like 3rd and 5 range. After those guys we have the Gipson, Browlee, Charles types…who maybe have potential but they were undrafted or fringe roster guys for a reason…

This is where Davis walking away hurts…he wasn’t a #1, but he was a viable NFL receiver and a decent #2WR type…though he did miss time with injuries

Odd that we keep 3 of those guys when I think our OT situation is perilous…but oh well

NCJetsfan likes this.
  8. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

If Corey Davis didn't retire which one of Gipson, Charles, Brownlee gets cut? What do you think

9. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

I'd go with Brownlee--reading Saleh's mind, he'd rather have a stud on ST than a 6th receiver.

Lon Chaney, NCJetsfan, Borat and 3 others like this.
  10. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

Probably true

11. ramjets29

ramjets29 Member

Hall wasn’t originally scheduled to make that much money. However, the PPE (proven performance escalators) clause in the CBA increased his salary. He achieved the “Level One PPE” for participating in a certain percentage of the Jets’ defensive snaps in “two of his first three seasons”. He actually appeared in 93 (2020) and 98 percent (2021) of the defensive snaps.

12. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

Holy crap dude--you need to post more. Thx.