Trip to Buffalo for the last game? Good idea?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by jerseyjet0912, Apr 18, 2012.

1. MParty7441

MParty7441 Well-Known Member

I plan on going to this game. I've been to a ton of away games, but none at Buffalo--I expect it will be nothing out of the ordinary.

2. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Be ready for a half-empty stadium.

Week 17.. Bills playing out the string(6-9)...holiday weekend.. snow..

You don't have to worry about anything unless you are a jackass. Bills fans are good people mostly anyway, and considering the circumstances you will see a good amount of true Bills fans that are there just to actually see the game and not have to listen to it on the radio since it will likely be blacked out.

3. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

My one trip there, it was a a blizzard here and not snowing there... weird.
    I had no problems fan wise.

I will say this, the lower level seats sit really low so if you get lower bowl make sure you don't sit too close to the field as the sight lines are hard.

4. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

Wow, I guess it really is a section to section thing.

5. Catt_County

Catt_County Banned

:lol: More likely it will be the Jests playing out the string. Even if the Bills aren't playoff bound, Chan Gailey's teams don't "play out the string". They always give it their best shot.

6. ROCaMOB

ROCaMOB New Member

I go to this game every season being from Rochester. The fans run their mouths but its usually in good fun. Always a few jackasses.

There are quite a few jets fans there so you wont be singled out. The past 2 seasons the stadium emptied out by early 3rd quarter bc its tough watching a team gash your team for 300 yards per game on the ground. Actually had a nice jets chant going there last year.

Being the last game of the season it wont be sold out. The bills will continue to let down these poor bastards in western ny with another disappointing season. Im actually starting to feel bad for them.

7. BrowningNagle

The Bills have played out the string since before the current Millennium - 1999. Do you even remember? Here's a hint, Adelphia and the Rigas family was still worshipped in Catt County and you could buy gas for around a $1.00 a gallon at the Unimart.

8. Catt_County

Catt_County Banned

You might want to look up the meaning of "playing out the string".

Under Gailey, the Bills have NOT given up because they're behind in a game or winless in 7 games. Ryan's Jets, however, started bickering, pouting, and whining when things didn't go their way even before they blew their shot at the playoffs. Faced with being out of the playoffs by Thanksgiving, I can see the Jests definitely "playing out the string" against the Bills in late December.

9. BrowningNagle

Right. The Bills never play out the string.

Week 17 2010 (wasn't Gailey their coach?)

Jets Back-ups 38
    Bills 7

TD rushes from such powerhouses as Kellen Clemens and John Connor.

Week 17 2011
    Patriots 49
    Bills 21

At least you got to watch these games on TV though - oh wait thats because they were on the road.

10. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

sort of like when jets backups beat Buf 38-7 in week 17 in 2010? If that team didn't give up then what happened? they also lost 34-3 the week before to NE but I guess they were fighting hard for 'ole Chan?