Training Camp Tweets

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by WhiteShoeWillis, Jul 31, 2009.

1. alngtheway

alngtheway Member

not sure if it is technically a tweet or not. they're from sportline.com's rapid reports: http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/rapid-reports/team/NYJ

i think it is lisa zimmerman who is doing the updates for them...

and i think it was pouha she was implying was potentially hurt, not mangold. at least that is how i read it.

2. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

It was Pouha that got injured, not Mangold.

3. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

it's a good thing our DL depth is second-to-none

4. abyzmul

He said he only made a Twitter account to respond to Rod Woodson ranking him 5th in his weak-ass 'best in the business' segment a month or two ago, I doubt he's going to update that thing much unless it's to respond to the talking heads on NFLN.

5. abyzmul

After watching the Rams game, Pouha shouldn't even be considered as depth. He was getting handled on almost every play.

6. alngtheway

alngtheway Member

didn't we sign another NT this offseason. Green maybe? I haven't played close attention, but is he any better of an option than Pouha? Or are we just SOL without Jenkins right now?

7. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

ok - good. don't give a shit about his weak ass. I read it quick and misinterpreted. I must have a case of the clowneys.

8. abyzmul

I think we're better than SOL without Jenkins, Rex was showing that last Friday. I love the way he is moving players around to disguise the coverages, so far he is impressing me... even though I expected him to impress me in that department. Green got some mention early on with the 2's, but I haven't heard much from him and he didn't stand out to me against the Rams. But out base defense is definitely weak without Jenk.

9. alngtheway

alngtheway Member

I think SOL is harsher than I meant it. But I do hope we have someone who can replace Jenkins occasionally and still take up space. I'm not expecting them to do what he does, but a serviceable fill in since he showed he could use it last year. I remember reading good things about Green when we signed him (well, good in terms of being a backup), and he seems to have disappeared.