Training Camp Thread 2.0

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by KY Jets Fan, Jul 19, 2023.

1. Nyjets4eva

Nyjets4eva Well-Known Member

Brownlee caught a 2 pt convo and I think by the sounds of things had a great camp. He should make the team

2. Lon Chaney

Lon Chaney Well-Known Member

Yeboah. He plays all the specials which gives him a huge advantage.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  3. twown

twown Well-Known Member

What if the 2 pt. convo hadn't worked out?

#1343 twown, Aug 27, 2023
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2023
  4. Lon Chaney

Lon Chaney Well-Known Member

I like what Brownlee has done but the main criticism about him coming out was that he has difficulty creating separation, and that still seems to be the case.

I just think Gipson is much more explosive and could also be the number 1 returner.

NCJetsfan and NOVAJET like this.
  5. Losmeister

Losmeister Well-Known Member

not disagreeing. but i thougt he'd one drop if not 2.

6. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

If they roll with only 5 WRs and 4 TEs, where is/are the additional roster spot(s) going?

7. Losmeister

Losmeister Well-Known Member

oh, really?

KY Jets Fan likes this.
  8. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I definitely think Yeboah should make the team. I wonder if his hammy injury will have a negative impact upon that. Hamstring injuries can linger. The Jets might feel that he wouldn't be available to help them for the first weeks of the season and might put him on short-term IR, or they could try to slip him on the PS, but I hope not, as I don't think that he would make it onto the PS. If the Jets only keep 5 WRs, then I think they should keep 5 TEs, as I have my doubts that Kuntz would make it to the PS. I like both Brownlee and Gipson. They both have had their drops this preseason, and that is a bit disconcerting to me, and makes me wonder if the Jets can really rely on them. I'd hate to lose them.

Does anyone think that Erickson deserves a shot on the roster? Granted, it was against the Giants 3s or 4s, but he looked good last night. He could be the returner and perhaps a more reliable WR than either Brownlee or Gipson at this point. I don't know whether he would make it to the PS. Part of me thinks that he would, but then with Denver having lost so many WRs and Detroit's WRs being questionable, either or both teams could put in claims for any WR the Jets release.

I don't remember Maalik Taylor playing last night. Did he? If not, I wonder if that means he has made the team, but maybe he played or had a minor injury.

9. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

I liked what Erickson did last night but you hit the nail on the head - it was against 3rd and 4th stringers and most of those will be on the street Tuesday. I would sign him to the PS and take the risk of having him poached. I still believe he’s a relative unknown with the league scouts - the chances of him being signed away shouldn’t be very high.

Gipson really impressed me - very fluid routes and nice speed. Did have a couple of balls he wasn’t able to hang on to … balls he should of caught but not plain drops. I like Brownlee’s size and what he showed also. They are rookies so I would think the plan is to break them in slowly rather than having to rely on them…the typical bottom of the depth chart guys. Let em work their way up. Hopefully Wilson, Lazard, Cobb etc stay healthy ….

We also can’t discount a possible addition after cutdown day …

#1349 mrjet80, Aug 27, 2023
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2023