Training Camp Thread 2.0

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by KY Jets Fan, Jul 19, 2023.

1. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

2. NCJetsfan

#42 NCJetsfan, Jul 21, 2023
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2023
  3. NCJetsfan

4. NCJetsfan

I don't know how he was there, but saw this TC Report on Jets Nation

bicketybam likes this.
  5. NCJetsfan

Tony Adams RAS is below. No wonder the Jets like him so much.

[​IMG]

#45 NCJetsfan, Jul 22, 2023
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2023
    KY Jets Fan and themorey like this.
  6. NCJetsfan

I don't understand why this site claims that some of the Twitter IDs are not valid. I got these directly from Twitter. Why would Twitter allow invalid IDs to post?

7. themorey

themorey Well-Known Member

I'm watching the TC Live feed from the Jets and they were just doing warmups. One thing I noticed is that Zaire Barnes (53) is taller than his listed 6-1. Based on players around home I'd say he's more like 6-3. I'm going to keep an eye on him on the preseason to see how the Jets use him given his size and athleticism.

8. themorey

themorey Well-Known Member

9. Petrozza

Petrozza Administrator

tweets are totally screwing up the forum. I just disabled Twitter embedding and it's fast again

10. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

From what I read, Saturday practice, the first in front of the fans was an AR masterpiece with great catches and TD by Davis, Conklin and others. Also Wilson shinned with some pretty great step in the pocket throws to a number of receivers. Push up day for the defense. Lots of action and a few minor scuffles. This team is taking training camp to a new level.

11. NCJetsfan

12. NCJetsfan

Thanks Petrozza!

LAJet likes this.
  13. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Sabo has been killing it with these recaps

KY Jets Fan, themorey and dawinner127 like this.
  14. NCJetsfan

15. NCJetsfan

Robby Sabo
    @RobbySabo

#Jets camp practice No. 3 recap: —Aaron Rodgers dominated. Not only did he pull off some splash plays, but he also destroyed the integrity of the D by simply taking what they gave him. Initially, the dinking and dunking was the necessary day-starter. It serves a purpose, as a once lagged D with cushion is forced to creep up. The , once the mission is accomplished, downfield is ON. AR was truly dominant today for the fans. This “take what they give you” mindset is what all great QBs do; it’s no secret. —A lot of that early dink and dunk came courtesy of Rodgers knowing exactly what to do pre-snap, based on the formations and personnel (O and D). A lot of variety in terms of offensive formations via the personnel, to allow AR a great pre-snap understanding. —RZ TD from Rodgers to Conklin, tough CIT with Sherwood all over him (good coverage), but AR knew where Sherwood’s eyes were; so he knew he could target TC. —RZ TD from Rodgers to CD, longer-developing pass play, led him with air to a spot, another nice CIT with good coverage. —RZ TD from Rodgers to Hardman, who wasn’t his primary target, so the beauty in this one was how AR scanned the field, starting on one side and finishing on the other. —Hookup with GW as he beat Sauce, intermediate, middle of field, as Sauce was animated while staring in AR’s direction afterward. —The play prior ^^^, Sauce got the better of GW and AR, as AR knew it would be a 1v1 sideline. Nice placement and timing, but astounding coverage. Right hand on hip, inside arm for the PD. The key was Sauce knowing where and when to use his eyes and turn his head, and he did so at the perfect time. Absurd. —Zach Wilson enjoyed his best day by far, and best one in a long time. Efficient, yes, but also confident, which is much more important for him. Hit Lazard on a beauty near the sideline, a throw on the run after escaping pocket efficiently (flush right and up). ZW also showed some nice things pre-snap, once appearing to change things up at LOS in the red zone to get Dye a nice ground gain. That’s a hell of a QB play that’ll fly under the radar, to change it to a boring play in front of raucous fans. —The offense had a day. Although it felt as though the D wasn’t as aggressive as the first two days (were talking cushion and space here, nothing else), it may have just been natural tendencies, per the Jets QBs taking what was available and then taking chunks after the Jets D tightened up. —The day featured three scrums. The first two materialized in the backfield/pocket (AR then ZW on back-to-back plays). I didn’t see it live, was too far away, but I heard that Clemons and Ruckert were heavily involved. The third scrum featured Schweitzer and a defender (can’t remember who, perhaps JJ, but it’s listed on a different tweet of mine) doing the hand-to-facemask thing (nothing big materialized). —The fans were into it, roaring for Sauce, GW, and even Streveler when he kept one on the ground. —Dye pulled off a solid move, getting some “Ohhhs and ahhhs” from the crowd. —AVT heard some chants after a play that saw him leading the way for Bam (reception). Both fell to the ground together with defenders, effort appreciated. —DB Langford made a nice break on the ball for a PD early in teams. —Bawden is heavily involved in this offense, and I’d be stunned if Hackett doesn’t carry a FB. Bawden’s going to be on this squad. —Tony Adams wasn’t flashy, but he took another step forward in winning the FS job. —JJ now No. 11, the change to LB is simply for number change availability. Nothing else. His role is unchanged. —JFM burst through the OL on one of the early pass sets. —A fiery day that now has the D on its heels a bit moving forward.

16. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Only thing that kills me about Sabo is the way he talks/writes to people. It's like he's smarter than everyone and is explaining the sport to us like we are dumb.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  17. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Sauces gift for Rodgers
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

KY Jets Fan and NY Jets68 like this.
  18. KingRoach

KingRoach Well-Known Member

19. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

This is the first time I've been able to open either TC thread.

KY Jets Fan, Jets79, IDFjet and 5 others like this.