Training Camp News and Tweets

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Jul 29, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Damn! That is unfortunate to hear. Hopefully he continues to improve and step up. I feel he can be a great deep threat and also a great red zone threat. Even if he ends up the #4 or #5 WR.

2. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

He’s wr5 right now, I’d expect him to stay there for most of the season. But that’s fine. He’ll get some snaps and in the meantime keep working and hopefully be wr2 wr3 next year when crowder and cole are gone.

The Dark Knight likes this.
  3. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

I will speculate here that maybe Mimms does not need as much separation as a smaller and more elusive WR because of the size of his wingspan. Maybe not but something to consider.

ouchy likes this.
  4. barfolomew

barfolomew Well-Known Member

Totally agree with this pot. No reason to be doubting mims right now

IDFjet and Noam like this.
  5. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Won't it chap some people if Berrios finishes the year above Mims on the depth chart?

6. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

Mims has size and should be as good a fit as an X/Z receiver as Davis is. Davis might be a better blocker, but again, Mims size should be helpful there. Its early. Lets see what the depth chart is going into the season.

That said, I'm not a fan of schemes that favor outside zone runs. If we are going to be a run heavy team I'd rather build something more traditional. I'm going to have to be sold on LeFluer's offense before I embrace it.

#66 ouchy, Jul 30, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2021
  7. cmcm750203

cmcm750203 Well-Known Member

I admittedly haven’t followed him lately, I just remember when they brought him on board he was doing a lot of snarky shit and then it came out he was a fins fan. Guess he’s improved, which is good.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  8. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

I would agree with you but his lack of seperation is becoming a concern in this offseason. If this were true, he wouldn't be struggling. He's struggling. He's with the second and third stringers. That's not a good look for him

BacktoQueens and Noam like this.
  9. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Yes, I see his stuff on Twitter every day, and he has definitely gotten better. He'll probably get snarky again when we play the Dolphins and stomp them, but at least he's intelligent and doesnt' seem to make stuff up.

cmcm750203 likes this.
  10. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Dude, you keep repeating the same crap, and don't listen to reason or what others are saying that is reasonable. It must be because you have an agenda or have to have something to obsess/gripe about. Carry on.

11. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

What agenda do I have lol I love Mims. I loved when we drafted him. I hope he becomes a monster this season, but the facts are facts. Just because you want to ignore them and throw blame at the scheme and the coaching staff, does not take the fact away.

And why is it crap? I am still waiting to see a response to his numbers when it comes to the seperation you claim he had. You have stated multiple times that he has shown his ability to seperate from top corners in the league. Show me. Show me his amazing seperation

BacktoQueens likes this.
  12. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

13. DetroitRed

DetroitRed Well-Known Member

He just needs to get better at writing, which is his job title

cmcm750203 and abyzmul like this.
  14. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

he legit asked Zach and Saleh the same questions about Zach not being good today, like he didn’t have anything else to add. I have a feeling he’s going to annoy me

cmcm750203, Noam and DetroitRed like this.
  15. DetroitRed

DetroitRed Well-Known Member

It was a strange approach.

You’re a writer, not a QB evaluator. Don’t start your question with an assessment

Mogriffjr and cmcm750203 like this.
  16. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

I was a bit shocked by the media questions the first day. There is no honeymoon period for Zach. But then I recall Zach was not the media darling of the draft but the opposite. The media, the Ciminis, Cowherd, Kipers and non football part of the media ripped on Zach all pre draft while loving on Fields and Trevor. While the scouts and football analysts felt the opposite. It seems the media has not forgotten with their questions to Saleh yesterday about BYUs schedule and will give Zach little room for error.

#76 Noam, Jul 31, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2021
  17. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Something else to add to your I don't like list.

It must be getting some length now?

[​IMG]

Noam likes this.
  18. Jedi mind tricks

Jedi mind tricks Well-Known Member

Finally someone else not acting like a first time OC is running the greatest offense ever!

19. Jedi mind tricks

Jedi mind tricks Well-Known Member

NOT OVERREACTING but I don't think we're set up for Zach to have success here early on unless he's truly a special player. I really think he needed to go someone with a veteran QB where he could sit the first year or part of it and learn the NFL game (ala Mahomes). I know people don't like to hear that and think all these QBs should play right away but that's not the right move for ALL of them.

20. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

I generally agree and think every 1st year QB should sit. But of incoming QBs Zach is one of the most pro ready you will find. No mechanics that need to be redone like Fields, lots of experience making NFL throws and playing in a NFL system unlike a guy like Fields and he has the acumen and football intelligence to make the leap. If we had drafted a guy like Fields yes sit him for 2 or 3 years but we drafted a guy light years ahead of him. All QBs nowadays get a lot more reps and are better prepared by the time they hit the NFL than 20 years ago. He has a system that can ask him to not do much and the infrastructure in coaching to help him. It is obvious they think he is ready. We will see. There will be lots of ups and downs.

ColoradoContrails and sozopol like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.