TRADE VILMA: key for a dominant 3-4 defense

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by jhsensation10, Nov 16, 2006.

1. The Uniform Bomber

The Uniform Bomber Spivey's Agent

yes. and it's difficult to tweak, teach, and have the player comprehend right smack in the middle of the season. after the Offseason, Vilma should be much more adapted to the scheme.

cheers

2. TheBlairThomasFumble

TheBlairThomasFumble Active Member

3. jhsensation10

jhsensation10 Member

worst post of all time huh?? how bout most ingenious post of all time.. seeing the future 2 years ahead. so all you morons that said i was wrong can start apologizing.. and the moderator that banned me for general idiocy is the REAL idiot.. god i love being right..

4. Kris 15

Kris 15 Well-Known Member

Self hi-five!

5. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

Ok lets do the math......................

11/2006 minus 12/2007 = 1 year.

Is your back double jointed?

Why would you care to go back in time to fellate yourself?

6. jhsensation10

jhsensation10 Member

just read an article about how we are going to trade vilma and thought about all the morons that said it was bad idea.. now im laughing my ass off.. just think about all the time we could have saved if we just traded him a year ago... this is why i dont post here very often.. bc most of the posters are idiots anyways and just say any new idea is stupid..

7. Beamen

Beamen New Member

Well, when you posted this thread, last year, we didn't have Harris on the roster.... All trading Vilma would have done was make a bigger hole in the LB corps...

Not to mention the Madden-esque trade/draft scenarios you posted....

If you somehow miraculously knew (which you didn't, as it was nowhere in your original post) that we would have a very adequate replacement for Vilma on the roster in 2007, then you may have been justified in your post...

But, seeing as how that's impossible, the post remains a dud....

Even now, with Harris on the roster, and Vilma on IR, trading Vilma is a controversial subject, simply because trading a guy as talented as Vilma rarely pays off....

A year ago, it was simply blasphemous. Would have made ZERO sense, and left a big hole in the middle of our already not-so-stellar defense

8. jhsensation10

jhsensation10 Member

you dont get the point.. i said bc of manginis 3-4 scheme, (it was the first line in my post) vilma will never be effective.. we see harris being so effective even with all the excuses we make for vilma with having no real NT. harris had like 15 tackles in 1 game.. so the point of the post was to trade vilma when he still had value, before he lost value due to 2 years of no impact plays and now injury which could have been a result of him taking on blocks in the scheme. it doesnt really matter anymore.. its just funny to me that people called me names for suggesting something that easy to see for me, and now nfl experts are suggesting the same thing...

9. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

we get it, you're a football genius, it's an honor to be in your presence.

[​IMG]

10. ihatethedolphins3

ihatethedolphins3 New Member

ur a moron jhs, first off u said bryan thomas was a beast at olb, hmmm i dunno about that, and u said drob and ellis were good at their positions, again a little iffy, next u called eric barton the tackling machine, i guess thats okay, but tackling guys 7 yards downfield doesnt really make u a playmaker, my point is that u can make all these predictions and 1 of them is bound to be correct, even a blind squirrel finds a nut, and it is also disturbing to me that u even remember a thread from over a year ago, get a life, or a job

ihatethedolphins3 has been banned for 3 days for a personal attack

#70 ihatethedolphins3, Dec 14, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2007
  11. sayuki

sayuki New Member

I bought Vilma jersey. please do not trade him!!!

12. jhsensation10

jhsensation10 Member

haha this guy is such a douchebag.. did thomas not have a breakout year that year?? he did as the FO thought it was necessary to give him a contract extention so shut up.. ellis and drob are "good" not great.. who else would u plug there instead of them?? another retarded point by this loser.. eric barton was one of our best tacklers at that point, so he was a tackling machine... and a year ago is the last time i ever posted since its no use bc morons like you ridicule outside ideas so its easy to remember what i posted.. especially since it was right and i am laughing at all the idiots that thought trading vilma at his HIGHEST value point was ludicrous... now nfl experts are suggesting the same thing.. btw, u dont even know me so dont tell me what to do... i think 125K playing poker since feb is a pretty good life/job so stfu loser.. wow.. you just got owned.. should teach you not to say shit about ppl you dont know.. especially those better than you..

jhsensation10 has been banned for 3 days for a personal attack

#72 jhsensation10, Dec 15, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2007
  13. Beamen

Beamen New Member

Wow... Legendary post...

Assuming a player must be good because our FO gave him a big contract
    Assuming that something is true/logical because it was talked about in the media
    Backing up the statement "he was a tackling machine" with the statement "he was one of our best tacklers"
    Bragging about salary on the Internet
    Having to state that you owned the other poster
    "douchebag", "shut up", "retarded", "loser", "morons", "idiots", "stfu", etc...
    Spelling/Grammar/Punctuation/Capitalization Errors running rampant!

This post has it all!

Awesome! :)

14. tbruner12

tbruner12 Well-Known Member

this post isnt a sort of prophecy, you are only jumping on the fact that he got injured and is a possibility for trade. A POSSIBILITY! vilma isnt the reason for our 3-4 not working, its the fatbodies up front doing a lousy job. vilma is not best suited for the 3-4 this is true, but he was doing a decent job, before injury. post more fortune telling than twice a year before proclaiming yourself the next football jesus.

15. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

yes, it was a lousy post...we were in a different position when we didn't have Harris on our roster. Not to mention, it still may not happen. As of now, what color Jersey is Vilma wearing? If im not mistaken, the trade Vilma idea is just speculation....so don't waste your time trying to boost your E-stock, you weren't right then, you aren't right now. You're just another football dope whose trying to make himself feel better by claiming he predicted a move before it happened. Guess what??? Peyton Manning will retire one day, now stick around for 10 years and i'll bump this thread when it happens :rofl2:

calling a Mod an idiot, your certainly aren't the sharpest tool in the shed, but dont worry, at least you are still a tool....

16. joesmoe39

joesmoe39 Active Member

well, after looking back at it a year later, it looks to me he was on the right track about trading vilma. we will get much less for him now than what we could have gotten for him last year. (last year, possible mid to late 1st. now, all the talk is maybe a 3rd if we're lucky, due to his injury and play over the last two years)...

i don't think he was all that far off when you look at it. we still could have done the moves up getting revis and harris and still had the draft pick we could have got for vilma to get a nt like branch.

that scenario looks better than what we have currently.

as far as the mods banning him? nowhere have i read that mods were required to be rocket sciencetists (sp). this board certainly proves that!!!!

give the guy a break, he is probably more right than most of the know it alls here and he had the guts to post a well thought out trade idea.

his trade idea was reallistic compared to some of the clowns on this board that were suggesting we could get a first rd pick for noodle arm. and how about some of the others suggesting a 4th rd pick for mc carins. now those were true laughers!!!!!!!!!

#76 joesmoe39, Dec 15, 2007
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2007
  17. wewantsapp

wewantsapp Well-Known Member

I agree --- it was a pretty impressive post looking back to 11/16/2006. The idea behind the post was to "beef up" the D -- which is exactly where we we find ourselves now. I'm just not sure I'm on board w/the fact that its a scenario that looks better than what we have currently because I love this kid David Harris. I have been all for trading Vilma this year. Everyone keeps saying "oh, he's a great athletic w/heart & speed, etc". That has nothing to do w/the price of tea in f--king China ---- THE GUY DOES NOT NOT NOT NOT FIT THE MOLD OF AN ILB IN THE 3-4 SCHEME. No matter who is playing the D-line. If Vilma was in New England behind the D-line there, guess what??? HE STILL WOULD NOT FIT!!!!!

JHSensation put up a damn good post & its getting tiring w/the comebacks of its NOT MADDEN. We need less of the 18yr old post replies. And I love these guys that say it was a lousy post only because he didnt account for David Harris?? --- Give me a break. What does the guy have to in order for it to be considered a good post? Predict all 5 #s and the powerball for the lottery too?

#77 wewantsapp, Dec 15, 2007
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2007
  18. ihatethedolphins3

ok first off u were making predictions, not observations. You predicted that thomas would continue to improve, that did not happen. Drob and Ellis are average at best in this scheme/point in their career. Barton, while he is a solid tackler, is not a playmaking linebacker, all linebackers can tackle-its where the tackle takes place is the differnce betweent average and great. Besides that i have nothing else to respond to your idiotic, immature and pathetic comments, if u really think u are better then me i will be in sec 235 row 7 seat 19 at the kc game, we can see just how tough u are, although i know u are probobly some 18 yr old pussy living in your parents basement going on internet message boards bashing other people to make you feel better about your pathetic exsistence, u know where ill be bitch

19. ihatethedolphins3

i think he has self esteem issues, thats why he feels the need to tarnish his posts with namecalling and bragging, we should pity him, not make fun

20. ollie

ollie Right Wing NutJob

[​IMG]