Top Five Reasons You Probably Don't Know What You're Talking About

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Penning10toColes, Oct 18, 2009.

1. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

How do you know I'm moping? I went out and beat the hell out of my heavy bag. That's not moping, that's fucking enraged.

2. Double Zero

Double Zero Member

Man, when I beat my bag, it's more because I'm lonely! :smile:

3. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

Yeah I'm married with kids.....so I'll be doing that later haha :up:

4. HardHitta

HardHitta Well-Known Member

Every one fucking sucked we blew a lead to a shitty team who isn't gonna win for another month, S.O.J. aren't going anywhere. We will always and forever continue to suck weiner.

Atleast T.J. ran it up there dirty asses.

5. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

So once again, lets lower our expectations and be thankful for anything we get out of this team and call it progress. Poor gameplanning should be forgiven since we have a QB that really didn't have any college experience whatsoever in pressure situations. A defense that can't play at a high enough level to cover for a offense that is still in diapers should be excused even though it can't stop the run in the 2nd half..

Oh well. being a Homer does have its perks...

6. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

Exactly...other teams lose too. Dear lord, thank you for this meal and just being able to watch the Jets. I know other teams lose too so it's OK that you've cursed me with this masochistic lust for mediocrity. I'm just happy I live in a world with flowers.

Grrr

7. Penning10toColes

Penning10toColes Active Member

I think you're overdoing it a bit, but I think your sarcastic post isn't entirely wrong. Expectations should be very low with such an inexperienced QB. But we have a good defense and we're still in the playoff hunt, I'm not going to stockpile canned goods because of a rough stretch (as bad as it was).

8. DbaJets

DbaJets New Member

OK fine we got a little overhyped after 3 straight wins and they've gone back down to earth.

Still, I really hate HOW this team lost these games. No fucking heart at all. And the D? THe one thing I really hoped we could count on.....Fucked.

9. Cman68

Read the tea leaves man. We're only in the playoff hunt mathematically. Realistically, since we have no depth behind Jenkins, we won't be stopping the run anytime soon especially if the Juggernaut can't play on that bad knee. Since Ryan doesn't seem too interested in getting in Schottenheimer's ass, we can expect even more bizarre gameplanning on offense that doesn't get tweaked during games even though that lead to Mangini's downfall. Schottenheimer seems to think he shits apple pies. His gameplanning has been stagnant and frankly, predictable. Then when logic demands a simple course of action, he goes off the reservation and does some really stupid shit. Again, Schottenheimer thinks he's bulletproof.

Ryan had better set up a day of reckoning for his coaching staff AND his team but it starts with the leadership team aka: the CS. They need to take a realistic look at the Kid and realize that he's still a baby in football years. He's no Matt Ryan nor is he a Joe Flacco. He's Mark Sanchez who has all of 1 year's experience at QB at a high level. Perhaps naming him the starter wasn't a good idea after all. Its up to this CS to get this straightened out and PDQ..

#49 Cman68, Oct 18, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2009
  10. PJ4Ever

PJ4Ever Well-Known Member

How exactly did the D play poorly? They played fine, not elite, but very very well. They gave up 16 pts, in ot, with the offense giving the ball up 6 times. That's a very good performance.

11. Penning10toColes

If we're in the playoff hunt mathematically, that means we're in the playoff hunt in every way possible. We're tied for the 6 seed right now...That means we have as good a chance at the playoffs as anyone.

I don't understand how Schottenheimer's gameplanning can be both "bizarre" and "predictable." And it should be pointed out that the game thread just wanted him to run the ball every play. It doesn't get more predictable than that.

Sanchez sucked today, no question, but he was pretty damn good last week. If he sucks next week, fine, he's not Matt Ryan or Joe Flacco. But have a little patience.

12. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

The only thing that there is no excuse for is the FUCKING PENALTIES!
    Sanchez is a rookie and is making rookie mistakes, but THE FUCKING PENALTIES!
    NO EXCUSE FOR THEM!

13. onefanjet

onefanjet Well-Known Member

Jets historically lose to bills in the Meadowlands, and we usually beat them in Ralph Wilson Stadium....... having tried to see the glass half full, I'm not gonna lie...you can be as optimistic as you want, but if your honest with yourself you cant'help but notice that these are the SAME OLE JETS.........No way we should have lost this one, Even Dan" I hardly ever broadcast "Fouts said more than once..... 'do either of these teams really want to win? No way we shoulda lost this game, we had more opportunities than Kellogs has Cornflakes

14. ThunderbirdJet

ThunderbirdJet New Member

OK, you are crazy. Happy? Have you ever seen Sanchez talking with coaches, players or looking at film from upstairs this year when he is on the bench? I haven't. Every shot of him on the bench he is staring off into space. Every other QB I see on the tube is involved, talking, looking at over head pics of the D. Sanchez justs sits like a bump on a log, looking lost.... which he is.

15. Cman68

Well, Schotts tries to go deep when he should have simply run the ball in OT counts as bizarre to me. Schottenheimer's insistance on throwing the ball even though Sanchez was having a shit day while Jones was lighting up the Bills on the ground today was bizarre, not to mention stubborn and inflexible. Reminding me of the Seattle debacle from last year. That the Jets would try something as STUPID as a fake FG just because it worked last week was predictable as it was yet another gimmick. Feeley never got a chance to win the game. How stupid is that on Schottenheimer's part?

16. GreenHornet

GreenHornet New Member

This is where I am, too. we would have needed many, many more injuries today before it was time to just say; that's it, we are cooked. There is just now way you let the Bills beat you today, no way.

I guess we found a way.

17. JetsYankeesThrylos

JetsYankeesThrylos Active Member

I love our defense, they are getting tired, they are constantly on the field, so I will not shit on them at all. I can't hate on this team too much anyway, because its young and we have a rookie QB. Mark Sanchez sucks dick by the way, sorry boys and girls he is a rookie and playing like shit therefore he sucks, what he will become in the future we won't know untill we get there, but as of now he sucks, but he's a rookie so people shound't think it's the end of the world because Sanchez sucks right now. Oh and I will totally blame the coaching staff for alot of our problems, last year we were one of the least penalized teams and now we are commiting penalties like we are getting paid for it, offensive play calling has been mediocre all season so far, our defense has put us in position to win everygame.

18. Penning10toColes

It wasn't a fake FG, it was a botched snap/hold. Not the coaching staff's fault. And I don't think the OC can call fake kicks anyway; that's probably Rex's department with input from the ST and OC coaches. Also, I don't think you can expect Sanchez to make literally 0 throws--THAT would be predictable. Instead, he tried to give Sanchez chances to break out, but only a few (he didn't throw that much). Other than that, I totally agree.

19. Penning10toColes

I'm not going to make judgments like the ability of our quarterback to emulate the Ryan/Flacco mold based on body language is all I'm saying.

20. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

that's a hell of a post.